Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2548

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

I'm not really disagreeing here. That said if you look at other superhero movies released in November, you'll find the box office take fairly similar. It's not really good enough for what should be your big tent pole movie, but give the reception of BvS and the release date it's not surprising.

I'm not really sure I can get behind your inclusion of Lucasfilm here though. They've only bombed one movie so far, and it really wasn't the fault of the movie itself. Solo was "fine" it was great, it was bad. It's poor performance comes down to bad marketing, and even worse positioning. There's no way that movie should've been soo close to Deadpool 2 and Infinity War. They should've shoved it in the winter time like they did with Rouge One. Say what you will about The Last Jedi, that movie still crushed it at the box office.

Also while maybe not during actual filming Marvel did fire Edgar Wright about as close to actual filming as it could be. Also for what it's worth they didn't fire Zack Snyder. Zack Snyder stepped down because his son died and he and his wife need time to cope with that and be with family.

Solo's performance wasn't necessarily it's positioning. That didn't help it, but that's been the defense for people in denial of franchise fatigue and that a lot of people didn't like the last three star wars movies. Many people made the point not to see Solo to prove to Disney they won't buy anything just because it has a brand logo stamped on it. I don't think Solo would've done much better positioned anywhere else on the slate, especially when you think all the other big movies released around that time, even smaller movies, all got their money...pretty much all movies did except for Solo. Lucasfilm was included because they are doing too much too fast and simultaneously not doing near enough at the same time, which these DC movies have been guilty of as well. Very similar situations...though the WB side with DCEU is far more reeking of desperation, and the Lucasfilm side reeking of overconfidence.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I'm not really disagreeing here. That said if you look at other superhero movies released in November, you'll find the box office take fairly similar. It's not really good enough for what should be your big tent pole movie, but give the reception of BvS and the release date it's not surprising.

I'm not really sure I can get behind your inclusion of Lucasfilm here though. They've only bombed one movie so far, and it really wasn't the fault of the movie itself. Solo was "fine" it was great, it was bad. It's poor performance comes down to bad marketing, and even worse positioning. There's no way that movie should've been soo close to Deadpool 2 and Infinity War. They should've shoved it in the winter time like they did with Rouge One. Say what you will about The Last Jedi, that movie still crushed it at the box office.

Also while maybe not during actual filming Marvel did fire Edgar Wright about as close to actual filming as it could be. Also for what it's worth they didn't fire Zack Snyder. Zack Snyder stepped down because his son died and he and his wife need time to cope with that and be with family.

Solo's performance wasn't necessarily it's positioning. That didn't help it, but that's been the defense for people in denial of franchise fatigue and that a lot of people didn't like the last three star wars movies. Many people made the point not to see Solo to prove to Disney they won't buy anything just because it has a brand logo stamped on it. I don't think Solo would've done much better positioned anywhere else on the slate, especially when you think all the other big movies released around that time, even smaller movies, all got their money...pretty much all movies did except for Solo. Lucasfilm was included because they are doing too much too fast and simultaneously not doing near enough at the same time, which these DC movies have been guilty of as well. Very similar situations...though the WB side with DCEU is far more reeking of desperation, and the Lucasfilm side reeking of overconfidence.
    I wrote a whole long response to this but the web browser decided to delete it before I could post it.

Just to sum though without retyping everything. It wasn't just positioning, it was marketing as much as positioning. Because of how close it ended up being to 8 what would be the normal marketing push cycles overlapped so they didn't push solo the way they did say Rouge One. Positioning didn't help though either.

I also don't buy franchise fatigue. Everyone's been saying that about Marvel from the start everytime a movie under performs or under reviews, but they're going stronger than every with 2 to 3 movies a year. I just can't seen Star Wars franchise fatigue after 4 movies in 4 years. Now if episode 9 really under performs than maybe I'll agree with you and say maybe the general public isn't interested in Star Wars anymore, but I just don't think we've seen enough to call Solo's poor performance due to franchise fatigue.

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I wrote a whole long response to this but the web browser decided to delete it before I could post it.

Just to sum though without retyping everything. It wasn't just positioning, it was marketing as much as positioning. Because of how close it ended up being to 8 what would be the normal marketing push cycles overlapped so they didn't push solo the way they did say Rouge One. Positioning didn't help though either.

I also don't buy franchise fatigue. Everyone's been saying that about Marvel from the start everytime a movie under performs or under reviews, but they're going stronger than every with 2 to 3 movies a year. I just can't seen Star Wars franchise fatigue after 4 movies in 4 years. Now if episode 9 really under performs than maybe I'll agree with you and say maybe the general public isn't interested in Star Wars anymore, but I just don't think we've seen enough to call Solo's poor performance due to franchise fatigue.
    You both make great points.

I'd also like to add that a possible factor for Star Wars' - I don't want to say decline because it's still performing very well - but rather the reason that its not demolishing the box office lately is that it is no longer alone at the summit of premiere science fiction - franchise story telling. The MCU has satiated many people's appetites for large scale, blockbuster narratives so there is no longer this pressing need to go out and watch the latest Star Wars film right away.

Also, say what you will about the frequency of MCU films but they have a clear, singular focus and a baseline quality to its approach. Kevin Feige does not get the recognition he deserves for Godfathering this MASSIVE universe.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

So excited for this

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the best films of the 21st century, real talk.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOT confirmed. This is just a rumor and I am not 100% that I buy it.. either way... The DCU is a pile of rubbish now Aquaman looks brutal, hate Flash... Affleck is in rehab and done. If Cavil is done? Then the DCU IS TOO
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I welcome it, if true. And this is coming from someone who really liked Batman vs. Superman a lot. But it's no way to go about a cinematic universe. That's why the Justice League movie, while fairly enjoyable, didn't work. Aquaman looks fun and so does Shazam, and I'm sure Wonder Woman will be back to her bad-ass glory. They really have no other option than to use Flash and do a reboot of Batman and Superman. Not necessarily with the first Flash movie, even, no rush.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I welcome it, if true. And this is coming from someone who really liked Batman vs. Superman a lot. But it's no way to go about a cinematic universe. That's why the Justice League movie, while fairly enjoyable, didn't work. Aquaman looks fun and so does Shazam, and I'm sure Wonder Woman will be back to her bad-ass glory. They really have no other option than to use Flash and do a reboot of Batman and Superman. Not necessarily with the first Flash movie, even, no rush.
    I agree... start fresh. SIGN NOBODYS.... I knew Affleck would do this. I think I said that eons ago. Suprised about Henry C... but leave the ship. It is sinking... I loved Batman and Superman.... the actors were perfect and my favs.. other than Christoper Reeves will never be topped as Superman.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DCEU can only hurt HC at this point. He probably learned during his Shazam cameo negotiations that MOS2 is about as likely as that new GnR album we waited for through the entire 1990s. I thought he was a spot on casting with disappointing movies.

Guess WB can now just CGI HC into the whole movie instead of CGI out his moustache.

I hope marvel hires him....

Country
    Country Flag

Some more good Superman discussion here:

Country
    Country Flag

Well the DC Universe streaming service is up and running though the actual live launch is this Saturday (Batman Day), check this out: https://www.dcuniverse.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://batman-news.com/2018/09/26/b...-black-canary/
    Last week we heard about actresses who had auditioned to star in Birds of Prey with Margot Robbie, and today some major roles have been filled.

According to Variety, Mary Elizabeth Winstead has been cast as Huntress and Jurnee Smollett-Bell will play Black Canary in Birds of Prey. They join Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, who is also producing the movie.

There are still a few main roles that need to be filled. Justina Machado and Roberta Colindrez have auditioned to play Renee Montoya, a lesbian Gotham police detective. Cassandra Cain will also appear in the movie as a 12 year old girl, and Warner Bros. is looking to cast an Asian actress. The villain will reportedly be Black Mask, and we haven’t heard any casting news about him yet.

It was also announced this week that Birds of Prey will hit theaters on February 7, 2020. It is expected to start shooting early next year.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

No reaction to that astounding trailer? Well, check this controversy out:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

No reaction to that astounding trailer?
    It looks like it might be good but the DC cinematic universe is in such shambles right now it's difficult to be excited about anything.

I'm curious to know when this will be set in the timeline. Before or after Justice League? In a perfect world, it would've been released before JL but it's too late for that now...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    It looks like it might be good but the DC cinematic universe is in such shambles right now it's difficult to be excited about anything.

I'm curious to know when this will be set in the timeline. Before or after Justice League? In a perfect world, it would've been released before JL but it's too late for that now...
    I treat every dceu film as if it’s the first in a brand new universe...helps to cope with the continuity.

Plus it allows me to secretly hope that this has all been planned from day one and each film is from a different multiverse a la Crisis on Infinite Earths

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I treat every dceu film as if it’s the first in a brand new universe...helps to cope with the continuity.
    Took the words right outta my mouth.

I'm going to approach Aquaman and embrace it on its own terms. Not going to think about the larger DCU or how it ties into anything. Just want to see a great (ok, good) superhero film with interesting character development.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast