+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86
Results 2,126 to 2,139 of 2139

Thread: Batman and DC films

Scarface fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The movie has already made over $145M worldwide so already pretty much twice its budget, I don't see how that can be considered a flop yet people keep saying it, hoping it comes true.
    Production budget was close to 100 million. Marketing budget was almost twice that - it needs to make $300 million to break even.

HBJ
    Well, Box Office Mojo says the budget was $84.5M: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3640886785/
    $84m doesn't cover Marketing costs, which for a franchise-starter hopeful is probably somewhere in the $20-$30 million region. Also the Studios only get back half of what a film makes in domestic theaters, the other half goes to the theaters/distributors. In overseas the studio typically only gets around %30 of the cut. So yeah, $300 million to break even sounds about right.

Also, I'm catching this tonight with my girl so I'll post my thoughts in here tomorrow. Going in with low expectations, hopefully I come out liking it!
    The World Is Yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

The movie has already made over $145M worldwide so already pretty much twice its budget, I don't see how that can be considered a flop yet people keep saying it, hoping it comes true.
    Production budget was close to 100 million. Marketing budget was almost twice that - it needs to make $300 million to break even.

HBJ
    Well, Box Office Mojo says the budget was $84.5M: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3640886785/
    I don’t care either way; I have no dog in this race. But I can understand why people would be calling it a flop.
    I don't know if anyone else listens to the /filmcast podcast, but they made a good point about this movie. In that Ford v Ferrari had a similar budget, similar amount of market, and a similar opening weekend, but was widely considered a success. So what the real false narritive here, that Ford v Ferrari was a success or that Birds of Prey was a failure.

I guess it's just a "expectations" thing. Oscar movie vs comic book movie.

Scarface fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it yesterday, really liked it! Zany, empowering, and the confident devil may care attitude makes it a treat to watch.
    The World Is Yours.

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Saw it yesterday, really liked it! Zany, empowering, and the confident devil may care attitude makes it a treat to watch.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Glad you liked it! I thought it was hilarious, colorful, cartoony (in a good way, since it's Harley), and the fights were exhilarating, especially the whole police station sequence.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good and fun analysis as always:

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

First look at the full Batman suit and cowl courtesy of Variety

Looks kinda dorky, but iphone stills don't normally do these shots justice. They're going for that Batman: Zero Year look.

The World Is Yours.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks really cool and different from what we have seen before. I bet we'll get a trailer with WW84!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fine with it, I just don't like the cowl.

Nolan's suit is still the best.
    The World Is Yours.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is a jewel in the rough Kongo is a jewel in the rough Kongo is a jewel in the rough Kongo is a jewel in the rough Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't take much stock in how the costume looks while filming. Especially in the modern age, where it's almost impossible to not look dorky, or like cosplay. That being said, it looks like its headed in a positive direction. Kind of a mix of Nolan's Batman and the Arkham games

Maerlyn's Imp Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think it will look very different under darker lighting, and after color correction. Seeing these costumes in the bright light of day never does them justice.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the new suit and might be my fav yet. Wish cowl was a tiny bit different though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Personally I'm a fan of Bat-fleck's suit. This looks interesting, but I'll reserve judgement until I see in a trailer or something. As a side note, that's definitely a stunt double in that suit.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Battfleck's suit, I've just personally always been inclined towards the more utilitarian, tactical looking Bat suits.
    The World Is Yours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86