Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Makes even more since when it's been said this Joker will not meet up with Batman and there are no plans for that at all.
    I think this was the original plan because they had no idea how audiences would react to this. I think if this movie is as good as it's looking and does well they may change that. There's supposedly a bunch of easter eggs that if they decide to take them as more than easter eggs could tie this into the greater DC universe. But also I think the way the time frame works on this is that it'd definitely be possible for a 10 year older version of this joker to meet a early career Batman. DC / WB have been all over the place, so I wouldn't put it past them to change their minds on this not being part of the main "cannon"

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone else freaking about this awesome cast? This has a chance to be one of DC's best films!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Except for the fact that Jai Courtney and Joel Kinnaman are back this is a great cast. Kinnaman was horrible in the first one, Jai was actually not bad, but I just kinda think he's a terrible actor.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bummed that Will Smith is not back, I actually liked him in the first film.

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a big pass for me. Prob the first comic book movie I won’t go see. I found her one of the most irritating parts of Suicide Sqaud. Some loved it but I did not..... now I love her as an actress... some of her work is amazing like the Tonya Harding movie but this? Passsss
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This is a big pass for me. Prob the first comic book movie I won’t go see. I found her one of the most irritating parts of Suicide Sqaud. Some loved it but I did not..... now I love her as an actress... some of her work is amazing like the Tonya Harding movie but this? Passsss
    I actually might be more in for this movie than the Suicide Squad movie. I think the cast of this looks really good. Margot Robbie has been heavily involved with the production of this, as she was with I Tonya, which turned out great. On top of that I really like the Batman villain they are using in this movie.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to wait and see how it gets received first. If word of mouth is good, I'm down.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I actually might be more in for this movie than the Suicide Squad movie. I think the cast of this looks really good. Margot Robbie has been heavily involved with the production of this, as she was with I Tonya, which turned out great. On top of that I really like the Batman villain they are using in this movie.
    Which villain?

And yes she is good BUT i find that over the top physco crazy girl she played just irritating.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Which villain?

And yes she is good BUT i find that over the top physco crazy girl she played just irritating.
    Ahh see that didn't bother me, because it was pretty spot on to what I think of when I think of Harley Quinn. The villain is Black Mask and he's being played by Ewan McGregor. Not sure if / when he'll get the mask in the movie though. I don't think he had it in the leaked trailer.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Sandy Phillips -- mother of Jessica Ghawi, who was one of the 12 killed -- and her husband, Lonnie, along with 3 other family members of victims, all signed a letter sent to Warner Bros. voicing fears over the movie and asking the studio to donate to groups that help victims of gun violence.

Sandy says the movie feels "like a slap in the face" and she's terrified ..."My worry is that one person who may be out there -- and who knows if it is just one -- who is on the edge, who is wanting to be a mass shooter, may be encouraged by this movie."

She adds ... "For me, it's the gratuitous violence that this film glorifies and elevates with the Joker character."
    JFC, can we please end this stupid myth? Violent video games and movies are not the problem here...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

At the same time we have kids eating laundry detergent and joining ISIS over videos they saw on YouTube. I agree that art has no responsibility when it comes to matters such as these but it's an interesting topic because there have been people killed in the manner seen in different horror movies.

SPOILERS

There was also more than a couple of folks killed in the manner of how Dexter disposed of his victims as well.

Of course, sensible, intelligent folks can appreciate art for what it is but there are a lot of mentally unhinged or stupid people in this country with easy access to guns and a sense of being left behind.

But you can never tell what will trigger what person. So the argument loses some steam because of that.

At the same time we have kids eating laundry detergent and joining ISIS over videos they saw on YouTube. I agree that art has no responsibility when it comes to matters such as these but it's an interesting topic because there have been people killed in the manner seen in different horror movies.

SPOILERS

There was also more than a couple of folks killed in the manner of how Dexter disposed of his victims as well.

Of course, sensible, intelligent folks can appreciate art for what it is but there are a lot of mentally unhinged or stupid people in this country with easy access to guns and a sense of being left behind.

But you can never tell what will trigger what person. So the argument loses some steam because of that.
    But the question is did the art pioneer those ideas or did it copy them from things that happened in real life. I mean the ideas in Dexter are really all that original.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

SPOILERS

But the question is did the art pioneer those ideas or did it copy them from things that happened in real life. I mean the ideas in Dexter are really all that original.
    To the ones that have never seen or read of such actions before seeing the show or reading the books, perhaps.

But like the last part of my post says, we can never truly guess what will trigger what individual to take what action. The guy who killed Harvey Milk blamed it on too many sweets and the one that shot Reagan did so to gain Jodie Foster's approval. When Richard Speck was a prison bitch and one of his rapists asked him why he killed all those women, he simply said "It wasn't their day" and laughed. If the argument were 100% sound, there would be a lot more victims of horror movie writer's and horror book writer's imaginations.
    About the video games, I was unfortunate enough to see the Christchurch shooter's video and it looked exactly like the video games I played when I was younger. I'm still not blaming the games for anything but you can actually see the dispassion that guns bring about. Very disturbing.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The article doesn't mention it, but I would be curious to hear if the theater declined to screen The Suicide Squad. If not, I'm not sure I agree with them not screening Joker. Both films feature the same character.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

SPOILERS

To the ones that have never seen or read of such actions before seeing the show or reading the books, perhaps.

But like the last part of my post says, we can never truly guess what will trigger what individual to take what action. The guy who killed Harvey Milk blamed it on too many sweets and the one that shot Reagan did so to gain Jodie Foster's approval. When Richard Speck was a prison bitch and one of his rapists asked him why he killed all those women, he simply said "It wasn't their day" and laughed. If the argument were 100% sound, there would be a lot more victims of horror movie writer's and horror book writer's imaginations.
    About the video games, I was unfortunate enough to see the Christchurch shooter's video and it looked exactly like the video games I played when I was younger. I'm still not blaming the games for anything but you can actually see the dispassion that guns bring about. Very disturbing.
    I guess my main argument, and there have been loads of studies about this, is that these mediums don't make the person violent. The person is already violent and they use those mediums as an excuse. Take away the video games and the violent movies / shows and those people will just find some other excuse to cause violence. But a Joker movie isn't going to make someone who doesn't already want to commit acts of violence do so.

The Christchurch shooter is a totally different story. That guy wasn't actually inspired by video games or Pewdiepie, he just invoked those things so that it'd hang around in the news for a lot longer than it normally would. To be honest I think the biggest factor in all these things is the media coverage. The news cycle essentially makes these psycho's famous. But news is entertainment, and entertainment is money, so instead of talking about the incident and the victims we spend our time talking about the psycho, showing their pictures, and names all over the news making them famous instead of actually trying to solve the problems that lead to these things happening in the first place. But this is totally off topic and honestly a much deeper / nuanced conversation than I think can really be propperly had on the interenet.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure if I'm interested in a Joker movie with no Batman. To my mind the character of Joker only exists in reference to Batman. Joker is an evil villain. Who's going to thwart his plans and schemes if not Batman?

And that brings me to my second hesitation...what if in the movie he has no plans and schemes? From the trailer I saw, it looks like he is being presented as a miserable "joke" of a person. Someone to be pitied. I guess that's all well and good as a set-up for how he became an evil planner/schemer, but if the movie basically presents him as a sympathetic character, then I don't see how I'm supposed to be interested.

But perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps we do see the evil and badness. Perhaps we don't sympathize. Maybe there will be a Part 2 where he goes up against Batman. If not, then I don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm interested in a Joker movie with no Batman. To my mind the character of Joker only exists in reference to Batman. Joker is an evil villain. Who's going to thwart his plans and schemes if not Batman?

And that brings me to my second hesitation...what if in the movie he has no plans and schemes? From the trailer I saw, it looks like he is being presented as a miserable "joke" of a person. Someone to be pitied. I guess that's all well and good as a set-up for how he became an evil planner/schemer, but if the movie basically presents him as a sympathetic character, then I don't see how I'm supposed to be interested.

But perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps we do see the evil and badness. Perhaps we don't sympathize. Maybe there will be a Part 2 where he goes up against Batman. If not, then I don't see the point.
    I totally get where you're coming from. But I think you have to think of this as less of a "Joker the Batman Villain" movie and more of a movie about a guy slowly loosing his mind who happens to become "The Joker the Batman Villain".

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I get the appeal for a backstory. A good backstory can be great. A good take on a backstory can really flesh out a character. But the backstory only really pays off when applied to the FRONTstory.

I guess I could watch it and then just accept that all the previous movies (with Batman) are the frontstory and there probably won't be any "Joker vs. Batman" for this particular character iteration. I guess I could do that.

Oh, I get the appeal for a backstory. A good backstory can be great. A good take on a backstory can really flesh out a character. But the backstory only really pays off when applied to the FRONTstory.

I guess I could watch it and then just accept that all the previous movies (with Batman) are the frontstory and there probably won't be any "Joker vs. Batman" for this particular character iteration. I guess I could do that.
    Honestly I suspect if this does super well, that they'll probably change their mind about this not being part of the main universe and we'll get a young Batman vs. and old Joker at some point. Which could work given who's playing Batman next.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Movies, shows, comics, video games, etc etc etc.,

There's plenty of media out there covering Batman and Joker's dynamic from various angles. It's exciting to see one of the most memorable villains of any medium get a silver screen adaptation dedicated just to him.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what Hollywood gets politicizing comic book movies.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast