Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Song of Susannah Q&A *spoilers

Gunslinger Apprentice Bumbler19 is on a distinguished road

What was your favorite moment of this book?
    All Parts where Jake was a Bad-A** and Oy as well... Except when Oy almost died... I got really Angry... but it was still my favorite... its just good story

What bugged you about this book?

The Ka-Tet was never all together... almost always separated. I still think it was done well, but it just bummed me out they were never really together... The Always separated and going over each individual story arch separately kind of reminded me of a sitcom (in a bad way). Each main character always has a little side episode whenever they are apart from the main cast... and then it has to go over what the others did.... Seinfeld is a good example... or The Simpsons is a really good one..

What would you change about Song of Susannah?
    More parts of them Together!

If you voted for the gas station, what stood out the most for you?

Did you embrace the turtle skolpadda? Yes... I didn't like how it entered the story though... In the Bowling Bag? cmon... But yes, I embraces its existence and its effects

The first time you read Song of Susannah, what was your first thought? "I need to eat sometime" I barely ate or slept while reading this... no but really I liked it

This isn't the most favorite book of the series...Where does it place for you and why? Probably 4th... (really?! i thought i liked it more than that) but when I think about Book 1, 4, and 5, I guess that is where it goes...

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbler19 View Post
    Did you embrace the turtle skolpadda? Yes... I didn't like how it entered the story though... In the Bowling Bag? cmon... But yes, I embraces its existence and its effects.
    Hey, maybe people should check their bowling bags with much more attention.

Okay, just kidding.

Roland would have understood.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i was going to put the gas station, but i see that is further down, so i am going to say when jake and oy first enter NY and oy almost gets run over and jake gets all gunslinger in the middle of NY (you just so would love to do that on some days)

a few things, SK being in there and being a 'god' but understand that without that its a different story, but it just didnt sit right with me

not a lot as to change anything you change the whole story arc, i would i think move the notes from a writer thingy

well, where do i start. eddie was ace, fighting while injured
    john cullum was also brilliant and i knew he would come back
    the whole scene to me was very well written and placed you right in the thick of it

Did you embrace the turtle skolpadda?

no - big fat cheat come to mind. and then it just bloody disappeared

The first time you read Song of Susannah, what was your first thought?
    erm, its so long ago and i have reread it so many times, i think i was a little disappointed with the whole SK involvement and the Mia thing. Also i didnt rate pere on the first read either

This isn't the most favorite book of the series...Where does it place for you and why?
    harsh question, but i would say is 4th? although is changes on each reread.

Gunslinger Apprentice AcidBumbler is on a distinguished road AcidBumbler's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the Commala rhyme (but I still found that "Commala-come-pop" piss-take funny ).
    The actual favourite would have to be either the gas-station or the bit where Roland and Eddie meet sai King, though. Easily. I liked it that he put himself in there.

Mia. I didn't have any issues with Susannah's double personality coming back at first but she just got boring about half-way through the book. I know she's essential to the story, but...

Oh, and TOWER. He. Does. My. Head. In.

Mia's irritating, needy personality. And the fact that it mentions her 'beauty' several times throughout. We got the point after the first time.
    OH and Detta would have wrung Mia's neck.
    I like Detta.

John being almost as calm as Roland himself.

Yeah, why not?
    I didn't take a whole lot of notice of its presence, really. Just accepted it as a part of the plot. Always useful to have a hypnotic turtle to hand, I'm sure.

"I wonder if the baby eats Susannah"
    and
    "I want a billy-bumbler more now "

This isn't the most favorite book of the series...Where does it place for you and why?
    Definitely not my favourite. I think this one was more of a bridge than a story in the sense that it's necessary for readers to understand the plot, but it's not the most entertaining in the series by a long shot.
    If you love me, then love me - Susan Delgado

The world eventually sends out a mean-ass Patrol Boy to slow your progress and show you who's boss - Stephen King

Will always love Paul Aaron Mills; He is the Roland to my Susan

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBumbler View Post
    [U]
    OH and Detta would have wrung Mia's neck.
    I like Detta.
    true!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice lisaki is on a distinguished road lisaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When Oy cried.

Suzannah wanted to protect the baby. That bugged me. I know she should and all, but Im being honest here.

Nothing.

Im not a fan of this scene (way too long). I was exepting Eddie to die (for some reason I was sure about that). I was more than happy that he didn't.

LOVED it! I have a thing for turtles since I read IT 14 years ago. I collect turtles, I even have a turtle-lamp.

Only one book left...

It's a part of the series, a part of a big novel and I love it as I love all the others.

Traveler yesterday's_eyes is on a distinguished road yesterday's_eyes's Avatar

Jake and Callahan before getting ready to go into the Dixie Pig/Roland and Eddie at the Gas station.

A lot of the susannah/mia stuff. The whole Dogan and turning of the knobs. The fact that Jake and Callahan are barely in the book.

I'm not sure yet. I'll have to decide after I finish the Dark Tower.

Just loved everything about it. How Roland reacted so fast and Eddie was able to fight despite his injuries.

Eh I suppose.

I'm ready for book 7.

Hmmm probably in last place at the moment. There's a lot if it that I actually do enjoy. I enjoyed all of Roland and Eddie's time as well as the time with Jake and Callahan. There's also a lot that I didn't enjoy though, as mentioned before. So it's kinda 50/50 for me on enjoyment of the book.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

The Mia Susannah stuff is one of the things I loved about this book. I especially loved her experiences in her mind dogan.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    The Mia Susannah stuff is one of the things I loved about this book. I especially loved her experiences in her mind dogan.
    Me too. Mia was an interesting character. And the mythological stuff concerning the beams, departure of magic, receding of the prim, etc, was interesting.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am with you guys.
    I liked Mia's character a lot because it was very interesting to see and meet a selfish and quite evil demon who wanted something this human-like very much.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I don't view Mia as that evil. Just sad, desperate and terribly stubborn and thick-headed. I love her complex character.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

I don't view Mia as that evil. Just sad, desperate and terribly stubborn and thick-headed. I love her complex character.
    You are right, evil is not a good word to describe her. Still I saw darkness in her.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    You are right, evil is not a good word to describe her. Still I saw darkness in her.
    i think the darkness that you saw was her selfishness, and that selfishnes manifested itself into badness and evil as it tends to do in life

i also felt sorry for her but also very frustrated.

I have argued mia being selfish, because some people state she was not being selfish but doing it all for her chap. But i stand by the fact that i think she was very selfish as she gave no thought to the chap at all (which would have saved everyone a lot of bother if she had)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    But i stand by the fact that i think she was very selfish as she gave no thought to the chap at all (which would have saved everyone a lot of bother if she had)
    Actually, she seemed to think of little else. I agree that doesn't negate that there might be a degree of selfishness blindly forging ahead in her resolution to bear her chap.

The story of her encounter with the little baby in her dark past was very interesting though showing a rather empathic side to her nature. She adored the baby, and could have easily taken it from his parents. In fact you'd think, due to her nature as a vampiric being -someone who feeds on the energy of others to their destruction- that she'd do just that.

However, in this case she put the child first knowing it was in the baby's best interest to stay with it's parents. She overcame her selfish tendencies way back before her corporealisation (not a proper word, but I'm sure you know what I mean) and humanisation through her link with Susannah. And possibly her chap, who was part human after all.

In the case of Mordred, or course her reaction was rather different. However in his case she saw him as a culmination of her life-long dream to bear and raise a child and ultimately she considered it in Mordred's best interests to take the child into the claws of the Red King's low men anyway. It could be argued there's a degree of selfishness in her strife to fulfil her aim* -achieving her desires could result in the destruction of the multiverse after all- but first and foremost I think she is what her name dictates; a mother, albeit one who ironically could never truly produce a child on her own.

Turned into a bit of an essay there. Heh.
    *not the words I really wanted, but I'm tired as I write this and my mind has stopped working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    But i stand by the fact that i think she was very selfish as she gave no thought to the chap at all (which would have saved everyone a lot of bother if she had)
    Actually, she seemed to think of little else. I agree that doesn't negate that there might be a degree of selfishness blindly forging ahead in her resolution to bear her chap.

The story of her encounter with the little baby in her dark past was very interesting though showing a rather empathic side to her nature. She adored the baby, and could have easily taken it from his parents. In fact you'd think, due to her nature as a vampiric being -someone who feeds on the energy of others to their destruction- that she'd do just that.

However, in this case she put the child first knowing it was in the baby's best interest to stay with it's parents. She overcame her selfish tendencies way back before her corporealisation (not a proper word, but I'm sure you know what I mean) and humanisation through her link with Susannah. And possibly her chap, who was part human after all.

In the case of Mordred, or course her reaction was rather different. However in his case she saw him as a culmination of her life-long dream to bear and raise a child and ultimately she considered it in Mordred's best interests to take the child into the claws of the Red King's low men anyway. It could be argued there's a degree of selfishness in her strife to fulfil her aim* -achieving her desires could result in the destruction of the multiverse after all- but first and foremost I think she is what her name dictates; a mother, albeit one who ironically could never truly produce a child on her own.

Turned into a bit of an essay there. Heh.
    *not the words I really wanted, but I'm tired as I write this and my mind has stopped working properly.
    I believe Mia couldn't do anything to the family, let alone snatch the child. If you remember she said that they seemed to be surrounded by a magic circle, something along those lines.

Gunslinger Apprentice Delacroix is on a distinguished road Delacroix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jake and Callahan VS Black Thirteen. This is one of the last thing that is can be letal to them...unfortunetly.

Pere Callahan's death. Finally, the path to Tower seems dangerous again.

That Mia was the ringstone demons... I really loved the atmosphere of the forst tomes, where ancient creatures are left here and there, abandoned for centuries and centuries hence. I love not knowing why they're here or where do they come from. I love just seing them once and leaving them where I found them.

Now I learn that she's a nice creature who was very sad not having a baby, and who lived in some sort of city! Jeez...

How Mordred happens to be Roland's Child.

The whole hotel stuff.

It seemed to damn easy to me. That's the perfect "deus ex machina" stuff that opens all the gates to the main characters...

The item in itself is a good idea though, but in the "addictive stuff" category, Black Thirteen wins.

"Will it be like this during the whole book?"

*sigh* (realising it will)

For now, last. There is too much "tet" words, too much Gods, to much Beam/White/Gan stuff, to much todash and too much time/world traveling to my taste...
    -What do we usually do about bad things that aren't of our concern?
    -Well...we laught about it.
    -Then, my friend, once you're in the grave death might be a lot more fun than what we expect.

Traveler fabioguilherme_89 is on a distinguished road

Hey i think i´m in the right place to ask this. Before ask my questions i want to say sorry for my bad english. I have some questions and doubts about this book.
    Right now i´m reading songs of susannah and i got some doubts/confusions about jake. In the first book he died, so who his jake in the wastelands, its a jake from another world?! and why he has the same memorys of the other jake? In the book songs of susannah(when roland and eddie are attacked by jack andolini) its says that if you kill the original you kill the other persons versions. So there is more versions of the other people?
    There is another roland?! if yes, we are following a version of this group (roland, susannah, jake, eddie, oy), who are trying to avoid the distruction of the tower?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2