Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Song of Susannah Q&A *spoilers

Hybrid View

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    At the very, very end. If I was on a deserted island and could have either Song of Susannah, or any of the other books written in mandarin chinese, I'd choose the latter.

Just please PLEASE tell me you'd choose it rather than ANY Jane Austen book.
    I've never really read Jane Austen, nor will I ever, because you've convinced me she's the worst writer in history.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

What was your favorite moment of this book?
    The fight scene was awesome but two things that stand out in my mind the strongest are Jake going into a rage at the cabbie, demanding an apology and Pere giving Jake his last rights before going into the Dixie Pig.

What bugged you about this book?
    I wasn't fond of the Writer's Journal but I think what bugged me most was that so much of the novel was about Susannah and Mia. I know, I know...it's called Song of Susannah so naturally her part of the story would be foremost but so much of it seemed to drag on. And I just really didn't like Mia.

What would you change about Song of Susannah?
    Nothing too major, I guess. Wasn't fond of the art in it, either.

If you voted for the gas station, what stood out the most for you?
    I didn't vote for it the second time around but it was John Collum keeping his cool. I liked Roland's address to Andolini, too.

Did you embrace the turtle skolpadda?
    I suppose I did. I remember feeling a bit sad when it was lost later in the story.

The first time you read Song of Susannah, what was your first thought?
    "I love Detta in this book!"

This isn't the most favorite book of the series...Where does it place for you and why?
    I don't hate it but like I've already said, I don't care much for Mia and while reading the chunks with her and Susannah I kept thinking, "Get on with it already." Like R_of_G, I just like the other better.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    At the very, very end. If I was on a deserted island and could have either Song of Susannah, or any of the other books written in mandarin chinese, I'd choose the latter.

Just please PLEASE tell me you'd choose it rather than ANY Jane Austen book.
    I've never really read Jane Austen, nor will I ever, because you've convinced me she's the worst writer in history.
    Jane Austen, I think, is the reason the YA genre exists.

+ Reply to Thread