Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Book Release Dates List

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume this is the same reason My Pretty Pony is not on the list?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I assume this is the same reason My Pretty Pony is not on the list?
    Right. Or "Dollan's Cadilac".

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not read the ENTIRE 7 page thread (too lazy), but a question:

If Firestarter was published on Sept 29, 1980, how come there are so many inscribed copies dated late August 1980???

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought my FIRESTARTER in August 1980 for $14. It was in the bookstores in August.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

If Firestarter was published on Sept 29, 1980, how come there are so many inscribed copies dated late August 1980???
    Examples of August 1980 Firestarter inscriptions?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's been several years since the list was first compiled so I couldn't be sure where the exact date came from, but since there is a date and it's in bold, it means there was a source.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Are the inscribed copies from the S/L (dated on the limitation page from July 5-July 9, 1980), or from trades?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gwendy's Button Box, May 30, 2017
    Sleeping Beauties, September 26, 2017

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are the inscribed copies from the S/L (dated on the limitation page from July 5-July 9, 1980), or from trades?
    1st trades

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Gwendy's Button Box, May 30, 2017
    Sleeping Beauties, September 26, 2017
    Thanks for bumping this. List updated (GBB is actually May 16).

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1st trades

Country
    Country Flag

We need to get our super collectors and researchers on this, and several other books that don't have an exact dates like those early '90s books, those shouldn't be too hard to determine, right?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    We need to get our super collectors and researchers on this, and several other books that don't have an exact dates like those early '90s books, those shouldn't be too hard to determine, right?
    On many there is no consensus, just approximations.

Country
    Country Flag

For instance, as far as Rose Madder, NYT printed their review of it on June 26 and it entered their bestseller list the following week on July 2:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For instance, as far as Rose Madder, NYT printed their review of it on June 26 and it entered their bestseller list the following week on July 2:

Then in all likelyhood, the book was released on Tuesday June 27, 1995.
    The Catalog states believed to be June. Before we change the Catalog to a specific date, we need a bit more corroborative evidence.

Country
    Country Flag

Was the Tuesday release day practice in place by 1995, I wonder?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

June 16 reviewed by ew

http://ew.com/article/1995/06/16/rose-madder/

And Four Past Midnight Reviewed 9/2/90. I found nothing before or after in the date range of 8/1 to 9/30
    http://www.andysolomonwriter.com/upl...t_Midnight.pdf

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought ROSE MADDER on June 12, 1995 at The Paperback Outlet in Detroit Michigan.
    I received the Book Club Book of the Month Club Edition on June 15, 1995.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Post Rose Madder, nearly every King trade book release has been on a Tuesday. The 6 Green Mile books were released on Thursdays (I'm sure there is a reason for that). The Catalog says 2/1/1999 (Monday) for Storm of the Century, but that could be incorrect. Black House also shows a Saturday release date (9/14/2001), which is odd.
    Faithful is listed as a Thursday release date.

Country
    Country Flag

I really wish there was a fairly reliable way to verify some of these dates.

As far as Black House, that Tuesday was 9/11 but I don't know if it was actually scheduled for that date. I do recall that it was released very shortly after 9/11.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

If I'm not mistaken there isn't a date in September for IT? Can't check now. I recently confirmed that it was Sep 15th.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    If I'm not mistaken there isn't a date in September for IT? Can't check now. I recently confirmed that it was Sep 15th.
    Not that I don't believe you, but a little evidence would help.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it would be prudent to go over the entire list and state what each date is confirmed by. It would be a huge task to redo it all, but it would be worth it to have a more reliable source for collectors and researchers. Sorry that this wasn't done from the outset.

Country
    Country Flag

It states September 15. Check the first post. But again, my post above stands.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It states September 15. Check the first post. But again, my post above stands.
    Ok. I recall looking at the main list and not seeing it.

Jerome I got the date from Marsha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast