Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Book Release Dates List

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Added 11/22/63 to the list in the first post. Curiously, four of King's last five books were all published the second week of November. Is there something special about that?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gives ample time to sell before Christmas, and in the US Winter is near and people have more indoor time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Here is information I wrote down as I bought the books. This may or may not be of help to you. This information differs from what is presented on the first page of this forum. I have put in notes where they may be of some small value. When only a month is listed, that is the month I purchased the book.

DIFFERENT SEASONS - (receipt dated 7-22-82)

CHRISTINE - March 1983

PET SEMATARY - October 1983

THINNER - (receipt dated 11-14-84)

THE TALISMAN - October 1984

THE EYES OF THE DRAGON - (Receipt from B. Dalton dated 1-13-87)

THE BACHMAN BOOKS - October 1985 (released late September with Plume trade PB)

IT - August 1986

MISERY - (receipt dated 5-19-87 from B. Dalton)(also have pre-order slip from Dalton's stating COMING IN MAY!)(released in April according to LOCUS magazine)

THE DRAWING OF THE THREE - (mailed May 28, received June 1, 1987)

THE DARK HALF - (receipt dated 10-22-89)(released 10-20 according to L.W. Currey)

THE STAND UNCUT - Doubleday edition released May 1990 AFTER the British edition (also May) according to The Overlook Connection)

FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT - (receipt dated 8-28-90 from Walden Books)

NEEDFUL THINGS - (receipt dated 9-30-91 from Barnes & Noble)

GERALD'S GAME - (receipt dated 6-20-92 from B. Dalton for trade hardcover) (ABA edition released May 1992)

DESPERATION & THE REGULATORS - (receipt dated 9-21-96 from K-Mart)
    Would you be so kind as to post a copy of the Different Seasons receipt?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Well, I would if I could find it. I swear on a stack of 1st/1st GUNSLINGERS I had it! It must have fallen out of the book when I made the list. If I come across it I'll post a picture.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roadwork is listed as April 1981, but the copyright page states "First Printing, March, 1981". Anyone have doubt the book was available in March?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

In this case the publisher has stated it in writing. March 1981.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I thought, just like The Running Man.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated TWTTK.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still missing quite a few dates, mainly for the early books and books from the early 1990s. Anyone able to help? Best way would be official publisher information or period newspaper or magazine articles.

Missing exact dates:
    • The Shining
    • Rage
    • Night Shift
    • The Stand
    • The Long Walk
    • The Dead Zone
    • Roadwork
    • The Running Man
    • Creepshow
    • Cycle of the Werewolf
    • The Drawing of the Three
    • Nightmares in the Sky
    • The Stand: Uncut
    • Four Past Midnight
    • The Waste Lands
    • Needful Things
    • Gerald’s Game
    • Dolores Claiborne
    • Rose Madder
    • Secret Windows

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Still missing quite a few dates, mainly for the early books and books from the early 1990s. Anyone able to help? Best way would be official publisher information or period newspaper or magazine articles.

Missing exact dates:

• The Shining
    • Rage
    • Night Shift
    • The Stand
    • The Long Walk
    • The Dead Zone
    • Roadwork
    • The Running Man
    • Creepshow
    • Cycle of the Werewolf
    • Nightmares in the Sky
    • Four Past Midnight
    • The Waste Lands
    • Needful Things
    • Gerald’s Game
    • Dolores Claiborne
    • Rose Madder
    • Secret Windows
    No exact dates. Check the Catalog:
    The Shining is 1977, believed to be January, 1977. That is the best confirmed information.
    Rage is Year: 1977 (Believed to be September)
    Night Shift: Year: 1978 (Believed to be February)
    • Night Shift
    • The Stand-1978 (Believed to be September)
    • The Long Walk-Year: July, 1979
    • The Dead Zone
    • Roadwork
    • The Running Man
    • Creepshow
    • Cycle of the Werewolf
    • Nightmares in the Sky
    • Four Past Midnight
    • The Waste Lands
    • Needful Things
    • Gerald’s Game
    • Dolores Claiborne
    • Rose Madder
    • Secret Windows
    Perhaps members can clarify for the record-and the Catalog.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here's the information I have:

•Night Shift - February 1978
    •The Stand-1978 (Believed to be September)
    •The Long Walk-Year: July, 1979
    •The Dead Zone - August 1979
    •Roadwork - March 1981
    •The Running Man - May 1982
    •Creepshow - July 1982
    •Cycle of the Werewolf - October 1993 trade, December 1993 limiteds
    •The Drawing of the Three - mailed May 28, received June 11 1987
    •Nightmares in the Sky
    •The Stand: Uncut - May 1990 according to LOCUS magazine
    •Four Past Midnight - October 1990 Hodder, August 1990 Viking (bought 8-28-90)
    •The Waste Lands - August 1991 (received 8-26-91)
    •Needful Things - September 1981 (bought 9-30-91)
    •Gerald’s Game - June 1992, released June 29
    •Dolores Claiborne - October 1992 Hodder, November 1992 Viking
    •Rose Madder - June 1995 (bought 6-12-95)
    •Secret Windows
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Here's the information I have:

•Night Shift - February 1978
    •The Stand-1978 (Believed to be September)
    •The Long Walk-Year: July, 1979
    •The Dead Zone - August 1979
    •Roadwork - March 1981
    •The Running Man - May 1982
    •Creepshow - July 1982
    •Cycle of the Werewolf - October 1993 trade, December 1993 limiteds
    •The Drawing of the Three - mailed May 28, received June 11 1987
    •Nightmares in the Sky
    •The Stand: Uncut - May 1990 according to LOCUS magazine
    •Four Past Midnight - October 1990 Hodder, August 1990 Viking (bought 8-28-90)
    •The Waste Lands - August 1991 (received 8-26-91)
    •Needful Things - September 1981 (bought 9-30-91)
    •Gerald’s Game - June 1992, released June 29
    •Dolores Claiborne - October 1992 Hodder, November 1992 Viking
    •Rose Madder - June 1995 (bought 6-12-95)
    •Secret Windows
    Does any of that conflict with what we have in the Catalog?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated:
    The Wind Through the Keyhole (Scribner) 1st US Trade edition) 4/24/2012

Country
    Country Flag

Our list says The Tommyknockers was released November 10, but a letter from Putnam (posted by needfulthings in his collection thread) states November 25:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've found that the publisher's proposed release dates are often incorrect. I wouldn't worry too much about this letter.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The Tommyknockers: Nov 10, 1987 (source: Castle Rock Newsletter, October 1987)
    Tuesday 11/10/1987 sounds much more logical than Wednesday 11/25/1987 (The day before Thanksgiving holiday in USA).

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. Thanks.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Although, one would think that 5-8 weeks in advance the publisher would have their stuff together and be correct in a letter.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's what jumped out at me, the date of the letter.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an original copy of the letter (undated) from Doubleday that's promoting The Uncut Stand. This letter lists the publication date as May 18, 1990. The letter is too big to fit my scanner, though. If you want, I can scan the top part in which the date is mentioned.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes please, or just mail me the letter, I'll get it back to you.

Country
    Country Flag

John, any other dates you may verify from the list that's in the first post of this thread would be wonderful (the ones that aren't in bold).

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Email with two parts sent.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For now I would recommend an asterisk on The Tommyknockers with a comment indicating the two conflicting dates, and there sources. Something like:
    Castlerock magazine states 11/10, memo from Putnam states 11/25

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    John, any other dates you may verify from the list that's in the first post of this thread would be wonderful (the ones that aren't in bold).
    I want to emphasize that these dates are those mentioned in promotional letters from the publishers. I've found that they are often incorrect (as are first edition printing numbers, etc.)

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast