Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Book Release Dates List

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice catch.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just remembered this list. Does anybody have any info of the early 1990s books?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For some reason the list was missing the Revised Gunslinger. Just added it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good catch. Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Added FDNS.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been working with Justin Brooks (Primary Bibliography of SK) and he's asked be for help on the following dates for Dolores Claiborne:

I was doing some research and things get very confusing with Dolores Claiborne.

I was wondering if perhaps you could check the copyright dates on your editions of the book. Some will show 1992 and some will show 1993, but it looks like I need some actual verification.

I need the dates for:
    The British (BCA - Book Club Associates) edition - World's True First
    The Hodder trade hardcover
    The Hodder faux limited edition
    The Viking hardcover.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

-Justin
    He's interested mainly in the actual month, day and year.

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here is what my old index cards show for DOLORES CLAIBORNE:

Hodder trade hardcover - Feb., 1993 (according to LOCUS magazine)

Hodder 2000 copy deluxe boxed edition - October 1992 (according to LOCUS magazine)

Viking hardcover - November 1992 (which is when I bought it as soon as it was released), the book has a 1993 copyright date. (The receipt is still in the book, dated November 14)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I'll pass that on to Justin.

John

Country
    Country Flag

The list in the first post here has November 1992 as well, but the 14th was a Saturday. So it was probably released on the 10th? Or they didn't do Tuesday release dates back then yet?

ur2ndbiggestfan, do you have any other info, perhaps, for other books in the list that don't have bolded full dates of release?

Country
    Country Flag

Here's something that's been on my mind regarding King's output: the year 1987. Was anyone here around back then and do you remember what that was like, Stephen King-wise. Because, coming off It in September 1986, he published four books during that year: The Eyes of the Dragon in February, The Drawing of the Three in May, Misery in June, and The Tommyknockers in November. I just wonder how this saturation of the book market was treated in the media, if it was at all? Of course, the next major King book arrived exactly two years later, in November 1989 (The Dark Half).

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It was widely mentioned in the media. Everyone "expected" the books to reach the saturation point, but most hit the bestseller lists with good sales. I don't remember details, but I remember that it was a great year for King fans!

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

(The list in the first post here has November 1992 as well, but the 14th was a Saturday. So it was probably released on the 10th? Or they didn't do Tuesday release dates back then yet?)

It was probably released the week prior to the Saturday I bought it on.

(ur2ndbiggestfan, do you have any other info, perhaps, for other books in the list that don't have bolded full dates of release?)

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking here.
    I bought the trade INSOMNIA on October 3, 1994 at Barnes & Noble, and that month's LOCUS gives a September release date. Is that the kind of information you are asking for?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't believe all books are released on Tuesdays...just most.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking here.
    I bought the trade INSOMNIA on October 3, 1994 at Barnes & Noble, and that month's LOCUS gives a September release date. Is that the kind of information you are asking for?
    Right. If you'll look at the first post of this thread, the list has Insomnia as released in October, but no day. That's the purpose of this, to compile correct full dates for all the books.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default DOLORES CLAIBORNE: Pub date Viking

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Here is what my old index cards show for DOLORES CLAIBORNE:

Hodder trade hardcover - Feb., 1993 (according to LOCUS magazine)

Hodder 2000 copy deluxe boxed edition - October 1992 (according to LOCUS magazine)

Viking hardcover - November 1992 (which is when I bought it as soon as it was released), the book has a 1993 copyright date. (The receipt is still in the book, dated November 14)
    JUST TOOK A LOOK AT DELORES CLAIBORNE VIKING ARC/PROOF and see the Front cover has the PUB DATE_____ PRICE _______ left blank HOWEVER, there is a sticker inside which states
    On Sale: November 23, 1992
    Publication date: December 7, 1992
    ISBN: 0-670-84452-7

nOT SURE WHY A Pub date would be after the On Sale date

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto... i was wondering the same thing...
    I dont understand how it is possible, especially with a 2 weeks delay
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a feeling that there may be legal differences between the publication date and the for sale date. I don't know why this would be, though, unless it's for some arcane publishing thing.

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Sale vs Pub date

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have a feeling that there may be legal differences between the publication date and the for sale date. I don't know why this would be, though, unless it's for some arcane publishing thing.

John
    I was looking at some other Proofs to see if this occurs more often than we realize. and found on a NIGHTMARES and DREAMSCAPES Proof it states:
    *on-sale date September 29, 1993
    *1,500,000 copy first printing
    *A Book-of-the-Month Club Main Selection

and below has the box filled out saying:
    PUB DATE 10/93 PRICE $27.50

I wonder if it could have something to do with when Sale to stores actually take place.. We know stores pre-order.... Perhaps the Sale date is related to actual stores purchase date. ?? Dunno

Here is information I wrote down as I bought the books. This may or may not be of help to you. This information differs from what is presented on the first page of this forum. I have put in notes where they may be of some small value. When only a month is listed, that is the month I purchased the book.

DIFFERENT SEASONS - (receipt dated 7-22-82)

CHRISTINE - March 1983

PET SEMATARY - October 1983

THINNER - (receipt dated 11-14-84)

THE TALISMAN - October 1984

THE EYES OF THE DRAGON - (Receipt from B. Dalton dated 1-13-87)

THE BACHMAN BOOKS - October 1985 (released late September with Plume trade PB)

IT - August 1986

MISERY - (receipt dated 5-19-87 from B. Dalton)(also have pre-order slip from Dalton's stating COMING IN MAY!)(released in April according to LOCUS magazine)

THE DRAWING OF THE THREE - (mailed May 28, received June 1, 1987)

THE DARK HALF - (receipt dated 10-22-89)(released 10-20 according to L.W. Currey)

THE STAND UNCUT - Doubleday edition released May 1990 AFTER the British edition (also May) according to The Overlook Connection)

FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT - (receipt dated 8-28-90 from Walden Books)

NEEDFUL THINGS - (receipt dated 9-30-91 from Barnes & Noble)

GERALD'S GAME - (receipt dated 6-20-92 from B. Dalton for trade hardcover) (ABA edition released May 1992)

DESPERATION & THE REGULATORS - (receipt dated 9-21-96 from K-Mart)

Country
    Country Flag

Blockade Billy added.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Blockade Billy: 4/19/2010?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Blockade Billy: 4/19/2010?
    My vote is 4/19/2010

I got my copy as well as many others on the 19th.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Pablo went with CD's official publication date of 4/20/2010.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget "Riding the Bullet" and "SODII" are at the "Printer"

LOL Sorry for the interuption...............

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump,
    What about The Secretary of Dreams Volume One (2006-actual date?) and Two (Two released 10/15/2010)
    The Little Sisters of Eluria?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast