Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite moments in DT7

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, so here is my thread to post what has happened to me today.
    Thank you for the help, Matthew. I am blind.

so...

As I was coming come late at night with a cab (I had lots of bags) I was watching out of my head. We didn't talk with the driver at all, we were just flying on the road.
    As I was watching through the window I saw that for a short glance the driver looked at me and suddenly Roland came to my mind... after Jake's death. When they were going to a hotel with the lady who helped him (I can't remember her name) at that time.
    He was looking through the window and the woman could see that he was weeping... I didn't cry or anything but that big silence and distance between us (me and the cab driver) however we sat so close to each other... the driving.. the road... it reminded me at that part so much and I felt how much I liked that moment.
    The lady, Roland and Oy in the car... so close to each other still so far away and the woman could see in the window that Roland was crying.
    So
    damn
    beautiful.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Madagascar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Another of my favorite parts of this book is when Roland and Susannah are passing through the haunted town that surrounds Le Casse Roi Russe and when they actually come to Le Casse Roi Russe and learn the story of how Los' snapped and "killed" himself with a spoon.
    Kind of unrelated, but I don't think I picked up on why The Crimson King was called Los' on occasion. Can anyone enlighten me?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Madagascar View Post
    Kind of unrelated, but I don't think I picked up on why The Crimson King was called Los' on occasion. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Los the Red was one of his names. Perhaps Matthew could add more as this is as much as I can remember of it for now without books in front of me.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Another of my favorite parts of this book is when Roland and Susannah are passing through the haunted town that surrounds Le Casse Roi Russe and when they actually come to Le Casse Roi Russe and learn the story of how Los' snapped and "killed" himself with a spoon.
    Its one of the mysteries of the series, hopefully the comics will give us the scoop on it. My opinion is that Los' is the Crimson King's name. The Crimson King after all is just one of his many titles. The only time we see it mentioned was Rando Thoughtful who was his Minister of State (I think) so thats why I'm guessing that is the Crimson King's name.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Its one of the mysteries of the series, hopefully the comics will give us the scoop on it. My opinion is that Los' is the Crimson King's name. The Crimson King after all is just one of his many titles. The only time we see it mentioned was Rando Thoughtful who was his Minister of State (I think) so thats why I'm guessing that is the Crimson King's name.
    I'd like to see it expanded upon, but that was how I saw it, that he had many names but Los the Red was his "actual" name, the one given him by his Great Old Red Momma.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started my reread a few days ago. It has been slow going as I have two kids who keep me very busy. Anyhoo...I just read The Mind-Trap with Jake. I have to say that this is clever writing and I found myself absorbed in the fear of Jake. Then to have him switch places with Oy, I thought was brilliant.

Well, Susannah just pulled Jake through the door and Roland and Eddie are hooking up with John Cullum. YAY!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

I love the mind trap sequence, including Jake's flashback about his time as Bama, and especially the switch with Oy. I mentioned this in the Dreamcatcher thread, that I like the way King describes the way our minds/memories work using the device of one being inside their own mind, or in this case inside someone else's. i enjoy when king does that.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pimli popping a zit and letting Finli o' Tego lick his finger.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    That, along with Walter's death were probably the most disgusting parts of any book I've ever read..which is also why I enjoyed them.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    That, along with Walter's death were probably the most disgusting parts of any book I've ever read..which is also why I enjoyed them.
    don't forget "chucky" hayliss' love of boogers, especially bloody ones.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The "Snot Saboteur"

I loved learning that Sheemie was a lot more involved in the series and there was a lot more to the character himself than we originally thought.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That was great. I thought the poor boy was done after W & G. Then he shows up and plays a pivotal role.

Another favorite part of this book was when they had the shared dream of the Beam Boy. Really chilling.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, definitly on the creepy side. I was reading that part thinking, he probably could have made a short story out of that.

There are a lot of those throughout the series. Tantelizing for the mind.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it was really hard to accept that Shemmie was back. I mean I read that he was he but I thought of him as another new character in my mind. They were not the same. (I hope it makes some sense.)
    Maybe because I first read WaG 10 years ago and it was really stange to see a charachter from there alive.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you dear. Even though I knew it was the same Sheemie, I never "saw" him as the same young man from Mejis, not even the same young man grown up. He had taken on a new personallity to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    For me it was really hard to accept that Shemmie was back. I mean I read that he was he but I thought of him as another new character in my mind. They were not the same. (I hope it makes some sense.)
    Maybe because I first read WaG 10 years ago and it was really stange to see a charachter from there alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I agree with you dear. Even though I knew it was the same Sheemie, I never "saw" him as the same young man from Mejis, not even the same young man grown up. He had taken on a new personallity to me.
    Couldn't disagree with both of you more. To me it was just an older Sheemie, thats all. It was just surprising and exciting to me that Sheemie's role in the story wasn't over with Wizard and Glass.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Right, there's always that.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To me, Sheemie seemed to change character, he was Sheemie by name, but i thought he just seemed different, like he was written differently, i don't know, it's like, you go to school with someone, don't see them for an extended period of time, then you do see them and their the manager of a bank, they just seem different to you, you get different vibes from 'em, know what i mean?
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Well this is veering off topic a bit. But it would make sense he would be different since he is older. He did seem older to me, but not a totally different character. Anyway...so Mark post a favorite part of this book for you for everyone.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't quite remember, to be honest, when i reach DT7 (on WOTC) now, i'll post then, sorry for dragging off topic
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can't quite remember, to be honest, when i reach DT7 (on WOTC) now, i'll post then, sorry for dragging off topic
    No biggie!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I know the thread has moved on since then but I just noticed this ^^^

I thought that Los might be his name too.

In some Arthurian stories, there was a character called King Lot. I don't think he was always depicted as evil though, but then again neither was Merlin. I think there might have been a connection between Lot and Mordred (the Arthurian version I mean) as well but I don't know enough to say for certain. I read a tale by Stephen Lawhead (it was Arthur and Pendragon from the Pendragon Cycle I believe. There he is related by marriage to Morgian (her step-son I believe, as in she married his father), although I'm not sure if that was purely an invention of Lawhead, or something he picked up from earlier stories. I think I've read about Lot elsewhere, although my memory is vague.

Makes sense that King might have gotten Los from Lot though.

Spoiler:
    I get the impression that "Ram Aballah", as mentioned in Black House was another title rather than an actual name, which again backs up Los being his actual name. What's the betting 'Ram' means king, or big cheese of some kind?

Ok back to the topic before I get in trouble-

My favourite parts of DT7... Pretty much the start of the book I think. The whole rush to save Susannah and Callahan/Jake vs the Vampires. I also liked the rescue of the Breakers. Only thing I wasn't keen on near the start was the death of Walter. Not so much the truly horrific way it was written just how soon it happened... and how easily Walter got taken. But that's a whole other topic or two. Or three. Or four. ;}

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast