Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Gunslinger Q&A *spoilers

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What was your favorite moment in The Gunslinger?

I love everything about it - but the "rain in Spain" nursery rhyme (original) was something that sort of haunted me during the time between my first reading of the book (borrowed) and the happy moment when I bought my very own copy.

Who is your favorite minor character in The Gunslinger?

Probably Cort

What bugged you the most about this book?

Nothing

What surprised you most about this book?

That it would be so captivating. I knew that I tended to get engrossed in books that I liked, but I never imagined I could "drown" in a book.

At that moment, would you have let Jake drop?

If I were Roland - yes.
    If I was still mostly me ... it's hard to say, and it would be more socially acceptable to answer in the negative. But if I were in those circumstances and with Roland's sense of purpose, I most likely would do it, too.

Which was worse....Traveling in the dark under the mountains or traveling in the heat across the desert?

I would say the desert - I don't like extreme heat.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    It blows my mind that a person can be totally obsessed by a fictional person. This board really makes me feel OK about it........I am not alone.
    In fact it makes you normal here.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post

I love everything about it - but the "rain in Spain" nursery rhyme (original) was something that sort of haunted me during the time between my first reading of the book (borrowed) and the happy moment when I bought my very own copy.
    this is one of the few moments I loved about The Gunslinger... as an allusion to My Fair Lady, first and foremost... opened some brilliant prospects, which, luckily, fully came to my expectations in the later books

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post

this is one of the few moments I loved about The Gunslinger... as an allusion to My Fair Lady, first and foremost... opened some brilliant prospects, which, luckily, fully came to my expectations in the later books
    What are those other few moments that you liked?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the conversation with Brown, and Jake's recollections of New York. I am afraid that would be it...

Country
    Country Flag

Those are definitely very good - especially meeting and speaking with Brown. Although I must say I'm biased, I like the entire book

Country
    Country Flag

you're not alone, love... while bears are definitely outnumbered

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger remains my favorite of the series.

Country
    Country Flag

(for me it's a tie between The Gunslinger and The Waste Lands)

Traveler jertoncvv is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The palaver with Marten. At that moment I started reviewing many points of view of my own, my idea of life, meaning, God...

Jake. I got impressed when he's dropped and says that there are other worlds than these.

Probably don't to agree with many people saying the book is boring or hard to read.

The whole book turned my world upside down.

At that moment, would you have let Jake drop?

No way, but I'm not strong like Roland, I'm not the kind of guy that go and do what have to.

Which was worse....Traveling in the dark under the mountains or traveling in the heat across the desert?

Under the mountains or in the heat, I think it's a temptation to just give up and let it go.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jertoncvv View Post
    No way, but I'm not strong like Roland, I'm not the kind of guy that go and do what have to.
    Perfectly stated. Read on, I don't want to spoil anything for you; but the controversies of duty (interpreted as destiny) will be in the center of the books all the time, as well as one of the topics of the most interesting discussions here.

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    The Gunslinger. We are first introduced to Roland following the man in black across the desert. We were hooked. I know I just love Roland. He is my favorite character in the whole series, and yes I do love them all, but it started with Roland and The Gunslinger.

The palaver between Roland and the man in black
    Cort
    Nothing worth mentioning
    That Sheb thought he could take out Roland by himself
    At that moment, would you have let jake drop?
    I like to think I would have at least put a hand out
    Under the mountains in the dark for that long would have been awful.
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3