Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 130 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Two more spoiler free comments and then I’ll stop:
    - the movie did feel somewhat rushed. The first 2/3rds were great but could have fleshed out some of the plot points a bit more.
    - I think JJ did a great job of integrating some of the new developments that Rian Johnson introduced, and used them as significant plot points in this. I also think he was wise to discard some.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What did everyone think of the season finale of The Mandalorian? I thought it was excellent, as was the whole seasons, and I was shocked at the end
    to see

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    What did everyone think of the season finale of The Mandalorian? I thought it was excellent, as was the whole seasons, and I was shocked at the end
    to see
    I really liked it. I had to look that up as I was unfamiliar with that part of Star Wars lore.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    https://bleedingfool.com/blogs/is-ro...udience-score/

Possible rigging of the rotten tomatoes audience score.
    I doubt it. You and Mattick are the only ones so far I have heard hate it. In fact I have heard nothing but love (with a few nit picks) from ale we gone else Nick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    there's literally no chance that its not rigged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HailCorpora...s_the_rise_of/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    to see
    I really liked it. I had to look that up as I was unfamiliar with that part of Star Wars lore.
    I highly recommend everyone who enjoyed The Mandalorian but never watched the animated series to watch them, now that they're all collected on Disney+. It seems the canon storylines shown in those series will be a big part of season two of The Mandalorian, so you'll have plenty of time to catch up.

Here's a review that briefly goes over some of that:

There are four main shows (Clone Wars, Rebels, Forces of Destiny, and Resistance). All have finished, except The Clone Wars.
    1. Start with Clone Wars, and use this handy chronological guide with D+ links: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...al_order_with/ Don't foget that the final seventh season of the show will begin on D+ in February, so it should be all over if you begin watching the series now.
    2. Then move onto Rebels, making sure to precede it with Rebels Shorts, which is a separate section on D+, it introduces the series.
    3. After that dive into Forces of Destiny, which fleshes out different moments in time throughout the Skywalker saga (prequels, originals, and sequels).
    4. Finish it off with Resistance, however the Resistance Shorts which introduce the series are not on D+ for some reason, but can be viewed on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SLISC0EsYSuit1

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    to see
    I highly recommend everyone who enjoyed The Mandalorian but never watched the animated series to watch them, now that they're all collected on Disney+. It seems the canon storylines shown in those series will be a big part of season two of The Mandalorian, so you'll have plenty of time to catch up.

Here's a review that briefly goes over some of that:

There are four main shows (Clone Wars, Rebels, Forces of Destiny, and Resistance). All have finished, except The Clone Wars.
    1. Start with Clone Wars, and use this handy chronological guide with D+ links: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...al_order_with/ Don't foget that the final seventh season of the show will begin on D+ in February, so it should be all over if you begin watching the series now.
    2. Then move onto Rebels, making sure to precede it with Rebels Shorts, which is a separate section on D+, it introduces the series.
    3. After that dive into Forces of Destiny, which fleshes out different moments in time throughout the Skywalker saga (prequels, originals, and sequels).
    4. Finish it off with Resistance, however the Resistance Shorts which introduce the series are not on D+ for some reason, but can be viewed on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SLISC0EsYSuit1
    That was a fucking awesome review, Mae. Kudo's!!! So now I suppose I'll have to buckle down and start binging the animated shows, likely according to your schedule. You're just a fucking wealth of info, my friend. I'm much obliged!!

So, you think NOW there will be a shit load of merchandise for the show? Just in time for Valentines Day? lol So much back story for me to catch up on. I feel like a Padawan. lol lol

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That was a fucking awesome review, Mae. Kudo's!!! So now I suppose I'll have to buckle down and start binging the animated shows, likely according to your schedule. You're just a fucking wealth of info, my friend. I'm much obliged!!

So, you think NOW there will be a shit load of merchandise for the show? Just in time for Valentines Day? lol So much back story for me to catch up on. I feel like a Padawan. lol lol
    You're welcome, Bill! The animated shows may be kiddish at times, but then again so is Star Wars in general. But they are not just simple spin-offs, they are canon to the overall story of Star Wars and feature lots of characters from the movies, including some big ones. The Clone Wars take place between Episodes 2 and 3, Rebels takes place between Episode 3 and 4, and Resistance takes place during Episodes 7-8-9. And as I said, Forces of Destiny is throughout the whole saga.

I think watching these series throughout 2020 will be very helpful for the whole of the Star Wars franchise going forward next decade, with at least two more new live action shows (one focusing on Obi-Wan and another on Cassian from Rogue One) plus Season 2 of The Mandalorian. The next Star Wars movie might not take place in the same era and feature all new characters and places, that's possible, but I doubt it. They'll probably still keep it tied to what we know to some degree.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Aww man, Tommy alternative life style Jedi? Pretty soon Hetero folks will be fucking only in sound proof closets hiding out from ALS Troopers!!! Seriously though at least they could have come up with a better looking Wiseau. No way that guy is in the same league or galaxy as Hayden Christiansen !!!! LOL

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Aww man, Tommy alternative life style Jedi? Pretty soon Hetero folks will be fucking only in sound proof closets hiding out from ALS Troopers!!! Seriously though at least they could have come up with a better looking Wiseau. No way that guy is in the same league or galaxy as Hayden Christiansen !!!! LOL
    WTF??

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it. You and Mattick are the only ones so far I have heard hate it. In fact I have heard nothing but love (with a few nit picks) from ale we gone else Nick.

I can't hate it. I've never seen it. I hated TFA and Rogue One and thus have no interest in watching this. But quite a few people are either mixed or didn't like it. Plenty of people who'd probably hate it didn't bother seeing it. It did open nearly 45 million dollars lower than last Jedi. That's 4.5 million people at 10 bucks on average ticket.. probably more like 4 million less viewers. That RT audience score might be way different if those 4M people went saw the movie
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Star Wars Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I can't hate it. I've never seen it. I hated TFA and Rogue One and thus have no interest in watching this. But quite a few people are either mixed or didn't like it. Plenty of people who'd probably hate it didn't bother seeing it. It did open nearly 45 million dollars lower than last Jedi. That's 4.5 million people at 10 bucks on average ticket.. probably more like 4 million less viewers. That RT audience score might be way different if those 4M people went saw the movie
    It has made more than Last Jedi within same time frame. People just went after the weekend rush is all man

Pacing 3% ahead I guess is what I’m reading.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It has made more than Last Jedi within same time frame. People just went after the weekend rush is all man

The Last Jedi didn't have Christmas though in its first week so that greatly inflates RoS dailies.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Last Jedi didn't have Christmas though in its first week so that greatly inflates RoS dailies.
    Whatever you think but time shall tell who does more $ in the end.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I don’t care about box office, rotten tomatoes scores, or online reviews. I deliberately avoided all of those before I went to see the rise of Skywalker.

The way I tell if a movie’s good is if I go see it and I have a good time, Have my thoughts provoked, or am generally moved in a way the filmmaker intended.

I’m not an eloquent or perceptive film critic in any sense, but I’d rather be talking about plot, characters, and themes then about dollars and cents. I can be persuaded that a film is better than I realized from such a discussion - if I missed something that the filmmaker intended for example, or misunderstood the significance of a scene to a character's motivations. But I am never convinced that I should like a movie more just because a whole bunch of other people paid money to see it.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

to see
    Very strong finish. I really liked this season. There was one scene transition that I thought was a little abrupt, but apart from that it was a pretty great episode.

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Easter eggs

Personally, I hope they don't do too much of this. I've never really been into animated shows, and watching 5 or 6 seasons of a show just to understand the context of a new one doesn't appeal.

(But then, I'm a grumpy old man).

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Personally, I hope they don't do too much of this. I've never really been into animated shows, and watching 5 or 6 seasons of a show just to understand the context of a new one doesn't appeal.

HBJ
    Don't be a grumpy Gus, Peter. I plan on using Mae's viewing guide at some point. You should join me
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever you think but time shall tell who does more $ in the end.

An update

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline
    In regards to its running cume, Skywalker went from being 2% behind Last Jedi on Sunday to being 8% behind in its first 13 days through Wednesday. Part of that stems from big box office days like Christmas and New Year’s falling later in Last Jedi‘s run. By its 16th day of release, on December 30, Last Jedi flew past the half-billion mark at the domestic box office. With Skywalker coming off a bigger Christmas than Last Jedi — $32.1M to $27.4M — box office sources aggressively projected last weekend that the ninth-quel would overtake the eighth-quel in its running total. That didn’t happen.

Rise of Skywalker 13-Day Cume: $407,782,706

The Last Jedi 13-Day Cume: $445,207,899

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    Don't be a grumpy Gus, Peter. I plan on using Mae's viewing guide at some point. You should join me
    I'm honored, but really it's a lot of fun if you're a fan of Star Wars. And no, none of the animated shows are necessary, but they flesh out a lot of the backstory and events throughout the timeline. As I mentioned, they also feature a lot of the main or side characters from the actual movies, and of course introduce new characters. Some characters from the shows have already appeared in movies, like Saw Gerrera in Rogue One. I bet this will happen more and more, especially with the Disney+ live action series.

So, this is just to enrich your enjoyment of the universe, but I can certainly understand if an animated show aimed mainly at kids isn't appointment viewing for everyone. That said, the shows do get fairly adult and dark in places, just like the movies themselves.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Gerrera also appears in Jedi Fallen Order.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

News Update: Apparently, we can thank, Donald Glover from "Solo" for the lack of merchandise for "The Mandalorian". Rumor has it he requested it of series creator Jon Favreau. There was no actual reason why he requested that I could find, but Disney also confirmed it. Estimates are that Disney lost approximately $3M as a result of this suggestion. Firms are racing to release merchandise for the first quarter of 2020.

In other news, "The Child" does in fact have a name, but Disney ain't talking yet.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...d-glover-idea/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 130 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast