Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    ... I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Though only a recent convert to the extended universe of Star Wars.
    That makes sense, in light of your other opinions -- or maybe I mean that your preceding comments make sense in light of this background. I'm not sure the label "extended universe" applies to the new supplementary media. There used to be secondary levels of canonicity, but now all of that is called Legends and the rest is supposed to just be part of the actual universe. It is mainly designed for fans who never counted the old books, including younger people. Which is fine, and I agree with your reviews. (i.e. the Vader comic is the probably best in print so far.)

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    ... about 4 or 5 years before Episode 7 Luke's top student get's subverted and kills all of his other students (though we don't really have any details on that yet other than it happened).
    Maybe those details will change my mind, when we get them. There were entire series for children of different age levels about the next generation of Star Wars Legends. They were successful for publishing lines, though naturally not in the same league as films. It's The Phantom Menace that didn't go over so well, and I've read reports that that was why Disney rejected George Lucas's suggestions to start with young Jedi pupils in Episode VII. To me it all just confirms my standing opinion that his biggest mistake ever was making Anakin so young in that movie. The ideas that the Order generally took infants and enforced celibacy in their own ranks were not known in the original era, and are now among complications that have to be worked around.

I'm sorry I didn't reply more quickly. This is all interesting discussion.
    I totally agree. I read somewhere (might have even been here) that the original script for Phantom Menace had a much older Anakin and focused more on the relationship between Anakin and Obi Wan. Qui Gon didn't even come into the picture until they went to Naboo for the second time.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

These are short but kinda funny. I'm not sure Daisy was in on the joke for the first 1 or 2 but she cracks a smile at the end of the last one. I LOL'd.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some new stuff here and on the website as well.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77308
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

We should be getting the trailer today

Country
    Country Flag

And here we are:

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, awfully quiet here... Where are the Star Wars nerds??

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't blown away.... but it was good... LOVED the old school feel to the poster.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it was great. Typical teaser, focus a lot on not much, rapid fire shots of excitement at the end.

And yeah Kris, totally agree. Love that poster.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

[nerdgasm]

I can't fucking wait for this.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based upon the trailer, it seems the maybe Disney is playing it safe again by following closely to the story arc of the original trilogy and using the second film in the trilogy to focus on the training of a new Jedi (Yoda trained Luke and now Luke trains Rey).

In other Star Wars news, I can't wait to play my new Rogue One DVD which I bought today (which came with a free Rogue One "kids" novel).

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post

(which came with a free Rogue One "kids" novel).
    I'm gonna go buy Rogue One so I can get a copy of that novel.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is some interesting tidbits.........................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

And then there's this:

Country
    Country Flag

Also:

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FYI - co-producer ram Bergman is a friend of mine from high school .... we used to surf together

Respect to him !!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting stuff in "Vanity Fair"....................................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    That is cool!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up the sphero R2D2 last night at target - they did a real nice job with this one. The family loves it and the dogs are not sure what to think - but they were racing around it.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast