Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Yeah, you also think "Italian" when you think "ancient Rome", and HBO still cast a load Brits in that!
    Exactly!

The prequels certainly have their ups and downs.
    Like...
    Lucas said years ago that his original idea was to have the Wookiees at the end, for them to be primitive, and for the Empire to ultimately lose by underestimating them... but not knowing if the first film would be a success, he couldn't resist inserting Chewbacca, and the Ewoks were then created to replace the Wookiees who'd therefore been established as technological. (Lot of people still don't realize "Wookiee" - "iee" = "wook" , "Iee" + "wook" = "Eewook" , "Ewok.")
    ... so ...
    When I learned there was to be a big battle on the Wookiee homeworld in Revenge of the Sith, I was really hopeful that could finally make up for the corny RotJ scenes. But that sequence also turned out pretty underwhelming, to me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The best way to watch them, for me, is chronologically. EP I - EP VI. It's great to see so foreshadowings and hear ominous musical cues knowing that the evil they fear will eventually come to fruition.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cozener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post

1. First bolded section: Okay, this is not meant to be flaming but isn't the point that Anakin was an entitled dick? Isn't that the forerunner of the meglamaniac that is Darth Vader? It is his fatal flaw (I don't buy the crap about his 'love" of Padme being his fatal flaw, his ARROGANCE is his fatal flaw) that is manipulated by Palpatine to turn him to the dark side. Yeah, fear, but also his narcissistic entitlement. Which in no small part I am sure comes from having been slave born and probably ridiculed all his life for being a bastard.

2; Second bolded section: This is what pregnancy hormones do to you. And I think it is a bit unempathetic to not see how being nearly killed by the man whom you thought loved you and has betrayed you and turned "evil" making you not want to live anymore. In her mind, it was the worst thing that could have happened.
    Agree with #1. Yes, Anakin's arrogance was the root cause of everything. His sense of entitlement because he was "special" led him to believe that he could do things and have things that other Jedis couldn't...like forgoing a great deal of his training and having romantic relationships. But I thought Anakin was developed badly. The little kid we met in Phantom Menace was very likeable. Once his balls dropped he turned into a whiney little douche.

Disagree with #2. Anyone who is as confident and strong like Padme started out as would be able to get through adversity like that. I don't care how much in love she was. She's smart enough to know that she'd get over it...or should be.

This is what I hate about the prequels...the two man characters started out as cool people and ended up as weak, whiny bitches. They should have been developed better. And Padme should not have died at the end of Revenge of the Sith. It makes Leia's line about her mother in Return of the Jedi make no sense. She should have been made to understand why her children had to be separated, gone to Alderaan with Bail who adopts Leia after Padme "dies when Leia was very young, looking beautiful but sad". It's only the other characters that seem to remain true to who they were throughout the series, specifically Obiwan and Palpatine. Obiwan remains the quintessential Jedi throughout the story just as Palpatine remains the quintessential Sith. (which is why these two are my favorite characters in the prequels.

But what can you expect from a guy that would change things so that Han doesn't shoot first. And on that subject, why are people hung up on "first"? Han didn't shoot first...there was no first shot. There was only one shot. Han just straight up shot Greedo's bitchass.
    #1 Good counterpoint. She did kind of get on my nerves for being a whiney bitch. Anakin too. I was actually glad to see him turned, because I'd rather see him as evil than a pu$$y
    #2 They should have never changed that. Sometimes shooting first is the GOOD thing to do. "He was too dangerous to live." Or, some people should die, that's just unconscious knowledge...
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    damn, I keep looking for a "like" button or (+) rep but there isn't one.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol then you might like this one too...hehehe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

LOVE IT!!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I watched the Nostalgia Critic's review/commentary on the Holiday Special. Chewbacca's old man had a really creepy puppet.

http://youtu.be/emY5n8O9owo

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Imperial Walker

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

If I get to a point where I need a walker, I am getting that!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I WANT THIS COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...oins-are-mint/

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I am proudly responsible for this. Read the listing!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Parkland High School in Allentown, PA

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The high school made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Chris Griffin (Luke Skywalker): Um, isn't a parsec a unit of distance, not time?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt got me a Han Solo frozen in carbonite ice cube tray for Valentine's Day. This was the result.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

That is awesome!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have those too! I made one out of milk the other day

Don't ask.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast