Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    IOh, I just noticed the 'scruffy-looking nerf herder'. This is horrible. It's scruffy-looking nerve hurter.
    um, no. it's nerf herder. i have never heard anyone say nerve hurter before.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It is definately nerf herder. Nerfs in Star Wars are similar in function and food source to cows on Earth. Nerf Herders were simple people and she was basically implying that he was simple minded.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

thank you, chris.

(besides, nerf herder is in my top 10 favourite bands list)

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Nerf Herder is an awesome band. Courtney is a great song.

Oh, yeah:

I am apparently the scruffy nerf herder.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    It is definately nerf herder. Nerfs in Star Wars are similar in function and food source to cows on Earth. Nerf Herders were simple people and she was basically implying that he was simple minded.
    Well, sorry for not living in George Lucas' fucking head. When I see 'Nerf Herder' I see soft, cushy materials made for kids guns etc. Nerve harder as someone who doesn't know what a 'Nerf' is would mean that he is mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Well, sorry for not living in George Lucas' fucking head. When I see 'Nerf Herder' I see soft, cushy materials made for kids guns etc. Nerve harder as someone who doesn't know what a 'Nerf' is would mean that he is mean...
    okay, seriously. calm down.

i was the one who brought it up, if you're going to freak out on anyone it should be me. although, if you really feel it necessary to jump on someone for attempting to explain something to you (or correct you), there is something wrong.

I do live in Lucas' head. It has a lot of room. Have you seen how big that dude's melon is?

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Damn, didn't think this thread was gona start a fight.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well said sarajean! (I'm also glad somebody corrected the mistake)

George Lucas does have a big melon.

BTW, sarajean, have you taken the quiz?

(Grrrrr, arrrgh.)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

seriously? I say the word fucking and people think I am angry?

You have to agree, scruffy looking nerf herder sounds retarded. I'll still think of it as scruffy looking nerve hurter because that actually makes sense.

I was more interested in the fact that you ridiculed the liquidgeneration people for not being good enough fans, then acted like we were some sort of super-nerds who "live in Lucas's head" because we happened to know that they were right and why.

Nerf herder doesn't really sound retarded or lack sense when you know the Star Wars lore behind it, which I explained above.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Well said sarajean! (I'm also glad somebody corrected the mistake)

George Lucas does have a big melon.

BTW, sarajean, have you taken the quiz?

(Grrrrr, arrrgh.)
    silly boy. i'm yoda. see above.

(or on the previous page. oh, and grr, arg)

Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Duh. I'm blind.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nerf herder doesn't really sound retarded or lack sense when you know the Star Wars lore behind it, which I explained above.
    I know a lot of Star Wars lore. I was huge into Star Wars for years when I was younger. I had books, the Star Wars Insider Magazine. Had books on the weapons, ships etc of Star Wars equipped with cross-sections and no mention of a Nerf. Hasn't been explained in any of the movies I've seen or the games I've played. Where does one learn what a nerf is (wiki doesn't count). I'd like to learn how Nerfs (let alone their herders) are categorized in the Star Wars universe.

So I was wrong about Nerf Herder (still stand by nerve hurter as it isn't stupid) but the Boba Fett line? He said only a few lines and they mess up his best one? Boba Fett is the shit. It's one thing to make a mistake on my end (when I have no clue what a Nerf Herder is) besides getting a simple, six word sentence completely wrong.

I'll sick my womprats on you.

i know for certain that at least one of the han solo books, written by A.C. Crispin (the first of which can be found here) mention nerfs and nerf steaks...i'm pretty sure it was in rebel dawn.

there is a reference site called nerf-herders anonymous.

they were mentioned in the essential guide to alien species:

AND in the RPG alien anthology.

there was a comic!

now, really? no mention except this one line? really, you're going to continue saying "nerve hurter" when that really makes no sense AT ALL? m'kay.

also! watch empire with your captioning or subtitles on.

oh, and it's "sic."

I was going to mention using subtitles as well as The Alien Species guide, but sarajean beat me to it.

I think she pretty much covered it.

P.S.

I love me some Star Wars nerd girls.

i could have gone on, but in the interest of brevity, i did not.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't say it any better.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Especially when they're Star Wars AND Dark Tower nerd girls..best of both worlds.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Amen!
    Let's just call this the "sarajean is the coolest girl thread."

aw.

hush, you guys.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

*waves hand*
    You don't need to see my identification....
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    i know for certain that at least one of the han solo books, written by A.C. Crispin (the first of which can be found here) mention nerfs and nerf steaks...i'm pretty sure it was in rebel dawn.

there is a reference site called nerf-herders anonymous.

they were mentioned in the essential guide to alien species:

AND in the RPG alien anthology.

there was a comic!

now, really? no mention except this one line? really, you're going to continue saying "nerve hurter" when that really makes no sense AT ALL? m'kay.

also! watch empire with your captioning or subtitles on.

oh, and it's "sic."

Wow, you are a crazy nerd. I love Star Wars as much as the next person. But what you're really saying is you need to be obsessed with Star Wars, read the books, the alien speices book, the comics and the role playing game to know what it is. If you're telling me you knew it from the movie itself (with no actual mention of what a Nerf is, in the movie) then you're lying. I read the Han Solo books when I was about 12 so a little mention of Nerf steaks won't stick in my mind.

I also never said 'there was no mention besides one line in a movie' but I said I never came across it in all my Star Wars related readings, I read quite a bit. You went out of your way to find a the few things that mention a nerf only hardcore Star Wars nerds will know about.

as for 'sic'
    American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source sic 2 also sick (sĭk) Pronunciation Key
    tr.v. sicced also sicked, sic·cing also sick·ing, sics also sicks

To set upon; attack.
    To urge or incite to hostile action; set: sicced the dogs on the intruders.
    sick is a perfectly reasonable substitute for sic.

WordNet - Cite This Source sic

adverb
    1. intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase)

verb
    1. urge to attack someone; "The owner sicked his dogs on the intruders"; "the shaman sics sorcerers on the evil spirits"
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
    nerve /nɜrv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nurv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, nerved, nerv·ing.
    –noun 1. one or more bundles of fibers forming part of a system that conveys impulses of sensation, motion, etc., between the brain or spinal cord and other parts of the body.
    Nerves allow us to feel sensations, whether good or bad. Pain is detected by nerves by the Central Nervous System. 'Nerve hurter' would mean 'one who causes pain'. Leia is angry while saying it. It's not hard to assume, to those who aren't obsessed with Star Wars, that is what she means. Hurting her feelings, so to speak. How does that NOT make sense?

Watch Empire with my captioning on? I'm not denying 'Nerf-herder' is the actual phrase used in the movie. I'm just saying it's extremely, extremely stupid sounding.

Also, if you know that much about a fake world I think you have a bit too much time on your hands...

You post as if I am stupid. Correcting words on me (which wasn't incorrect). Worst yet, you and OChrisO thought I didn't believe those were the words. Perhaps, instead of trying to prove your Star Wars nerd superiority you should learn things that apply to real life.

I could go on and on and on but in the interest of brevity I will not.

Nerve Hurter, I'd sick my womprats on you but you're no good to me dead.

you think i just happened to have all of that stuff at my disposal without having to go look for it? i've known what a nerf was with regards to the star wars universe since i was *tiny*.

you. fucking. asked. so don't try to play this off like i'm some sort of total loser. you asked. i was answering your damn question. or did you forget that you had asked?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick @ 11:04
    Where does one learn what a nerf is (wiki doesn't count). I'd like to learn how Nerfs (let alone their herders) are categorized in the Star Wars universe.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And you showed me nerd books that a nerd would have to read to know what a nerf is. Perhaps you were forunate to learn what a nerf was when you were tiny. I knew the multiplication table and long division and could read and write when I was 4. In the future those little facts don't mean much.

The fact you went and looked for those things shows that you're trying to prove something? You want me to say you know more about Star Wars than me? YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT STAR WARS THAN ME. Happy now?

You still didn't answer how someone who no prior knowledge to what a Nerf Herder is would understand it. I see Nerf I see this.

Nerf Herder is someone who herds soft, cushy footballs. It doesn't matter what a Nerf is or if it's been printed before. The fact is that it is a stupid, stupid phrase. NERF HERDER. This is why I hate science fiction and fantasy. There are stupid names for stupid creatures/people and people get far too into and try and learn it all. It's like when I said Roland would destroy Harry Potter on .net and I started getting told about summoning charms and special spells and wands and I just walked away.

I'm still amazed that I read 'nerve hurter' makes no sense. And Nerf Herder does lol. Ridiculous.

Mattrick (sic)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast