Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i discussed this line of conversation with jeff, and he says that it was love that made the difference in boba fett's abilities. he wasn't just another drone, he had feelings.

which makes sense, but it makes me feel like i felt when i learned about
    harry potter and the deathly hallows spoiler

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Slash281 View Post
    If they were clone troopers, that would mean that they are Boba Fett. They're clones of Jango, Boba is also a clone of Jango. Meaning they're all the same guy. Boba is Jango, Jango is Boba. There is no difference.

They were cloned from him specifically to be super soldiers, so you would assume some of his abilities went in there. Meaning the clones should be just about as powerful as Boba Fett.

and they weren't all personally raised by jango. that makes a huge difference.
    He was only like eight when they killed his dad and made him live on the streets. Doesn't make that much of a difference. The clones themselves probably had more formal training.
    After reading The Attack of the Clones...I would say that most of you are on the right track. The clones were trained as a military group. Were Boba was trained by Jango. There is a difference between being a soldier and being a free agent/mercenary/bounty hunter. You can have the same type of training...but free will is different. The book explains that the Clones are almost the same as droids with the exception that the clones can alter their strategy depending on the moment, where as the droids simply just follow the commands given them. And, as far as I know with military training, the clones probably have their different talents. Some are trained to be special forces, others heavy gunners, others combat pilots and such.
    Jango would probably have taught Boba the art of survival rather than the art of war.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I would think that stormtroopers would or should be badasses though...not so much because of their genetics but because all these clones have ever known is military training. And like I said, if you compare the troopers from the first set of movies to the second there's a big difference in how skilled they are.

I think someone on this board, referring to the difference in special effects and how tech from Annakin's time looked better than the tech from Luke's time, offered the theory that the Empire was declining or not running things very well so everything was falling to shit. It might also be the reason that the stormtroopers aren't as well trained...maybe just mass produced; replacing quantity with quality to occupy a bloated empire.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I would think that stormtroopers would or should be badasses though...not so much because of their genetics but because all these clones have ever known is military training. And like I said, if you compare the troopers from the first set of movies to the second there's a big difference in how skilled they are.

I think someone on this board, referring to the difference in special effects and how tech from Annakin's time looked better than the tech from Luke's time, offered the theory that the Empire was declining or not running things very well so everything was falling to shit. It might also be the reason that the stormtroopers aren't as well trained...maybe just mass produced; replacing quantity with quality to occupy a bloated empire.
    I think that was me who brought up the fact that the special effects difference could be retconned into the idea that after the empire took over everything turned to shit

one thing that has never sat well with me is the fact that in episode four everyone acts like the jedi are some distant legend from ages past when its only been like 20 some years i mean cmon nobodys memorys that short, most adults would remember the jedi...
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I disagree Flagg. Totality transfers of power often wipe the collective memory of their populace.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I disagree Flagg. Totality transfers of power often wipe the collective memory of their populace.
    I know, the ussr removing anything that had to do with lenin is a good example of that but it just struck me as strange how it could happen in a nation that consists of whole planets where they dont seem to have the most powerful communication tools, if they had the internet or tv then ok but I dont think I even saw one newspaper! wheres the propaganda? THAT would be something lucas could use his digital tinkerings to explain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they were shitty because the Empire sucked and after a little while, they started doing their jobs half ass.

Was there any beer and women in the outer quadrant? I don't think so.

If you manage your army badly, they manage your war badly
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Empire was doomed due to lack of beer and women. Pffft. I knew it all along!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Maybe they were shitty because the Empire sucked and after a little while, they started doing their jobs half ass.

Was there any beer and women in the outer quadrant? I don't think so.

If you manage your army badly, they manage your war badly
    Sounds scarily like a country I know well.

I have too many friends who were in the armed forces.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I know, the ussr removing anything that had to do with lenin is a good example of that but it just struck me as strange how it could happen in a nation that consists of whole planets where they dont seem to have the most powerful communication tools, if they had the internet or tv then ok but I dont think I even saw one newspaper! wheres the propaganda? THAT would be something lucas could use his digital tinkerings to explain
    I think you're onto it by pointing out how disjointed the galaxy always had been. It would seem that very few people would have really been aware of Coruscant and all its politics in any real sense. It would be easy to describe the Jedi as evil to a general population that was largely ignorant of them in the first place.

I know this isn't too explanatory, but I'm hungry and I'm going to eat dinner. Maybe I'll expand it later.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    The Empire was doomed due to lack of beer and women. Pffft. I knew it all along!
    Heh...and maybe Anakins dick got burnt off after his fight with obi-wan.....that's a lot of sexual frustration!

i'm putting this here because it makes me happy:

I am now happy in the context of two threads.

i was so excited when we made it, i immediately MMSed this picture to about 20 people.

Its a great picture for sure, and I like the angle of the photo a lot. Will there be more vehicles forthcoming?

i'm not sure if we can do that. structurally speaking, this one isn't even very stable. i'll have to dig out construction paper and see what i can do.

also, drake pretty much has the rest of them covered in stickers and stuff...

Gunslinger Apprentice Daffy is on a distinguished road Daffy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I went through this whole thread looking for news on Blu-Ray format, but nothing!!! lol

My Mood
    Amused

I know I should just look back, but I'm lazy. Anyone here read or listen to all the other Star Wars books? I've recently been listening to all the audio books (4.5 gigs worth), well, not all the audio books, but all the ones that have the main story line or characters in it.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I read timothy zahn's heir to the empire trilogy which is still pretty cool even after the prequal trilogy completly changed the star wars mythology

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I read timothy zahn's heir to the empire trilogy which is still pretty cool even after the prequal trilogy completly changed the star wars mythology
    does that take place after The Return of the Jedi?

Country
    Country Flag

Several years after ROTJ actually. Truce at Bakura takes places almost immediately after ROTJ though.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Truce at Bakura takes places almost immediately after ROTJ though.
    ok, that's the last on my audio book list.

Country
    Country Flag

I recommend reading the books if you can simply because most (if not all) of the audio books are abridged.

the han solo trilogy were my very favourite EU books.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the Corellian Trilogy was very good, but I really enjoyed the Jedi Academy Trilogy myself. By and large though, the best written ones though have been the Zahn books.

I haven't read any of the latest books. Not since Sacrifice at least. The writing just got to be kinda boring to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast