Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Slash281 View Post
    Again, I never think of it from the film makers perspective. So I never gave much thought to the Bible references. I always thought it was because he needed to make it so that in between the prequels and Star Wars, Vader had to become a huge pussy. How do you do that? Well you make it so that living tissue controls the force, and since Vader is mostly a cyborg at this point he can barely use it.
    I'm very impressed by your logic, but I think you're pointing out an inconsistency and not a leitmotif.

But well done Slash. You are a damn impressive 12 year old dude.

Along the Path of the Beam Slash281 is on a distinguished road Slash281's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's not an inconsistency, maybe it's all tied perfectly, and Midi-Chlorians were all part of Lucas's master plan. Or maybe not.......

Maybe it's not an inconsistency, maybe it's all tied perfectly, and Midi-Chlorians were all part of Lucas's master plan. Or maybe not.......
    We are old and cynical. You'll understand some day, but I'd love to hear the theories you come up with.

If the force is biological, does that mean it could be manufactured?

Along the Path of the Beam Slash281 is on a distinguished road Slash281's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post

We are old and cynical. You'll understand some day, but I'd love to hear the theories you come up with.

If the force is biological, does that mean it could be manufactured?
    Well, the force isn't biological. What we, as living beings use to concentrate it is biological. And I can sort of get that.

"It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi

SEE!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i'm impressed by your ability to quote at this hour.

I find those statements contradictory to The Phantom Menace.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    INTERNET!

I can't remember Qui-Gon dwelling on that for too long. What exactly did he say?

INTERNET!

I can't remember Qui-Gon dwelling on that for too long. What exactly did he say?
    I'm about to hop off homie and its late on the east coast. I'll get back to you.

Its the scene where Qui Gon is speaking with Anakin after he takes a sample of his blood if you want to look it up.

To be fair, the biological aspect is hinted at in the originals, "the force runs strong in my family" but still remains mysterious. We would have never anticipated that potential Jedi in the galaxy of the republic were genetically pre screened and taken from their families at infancy.

i think i'm too drunk to handle a genetics discussion. :'(

i think i'm too drunk to handle a genetics discussion. :'(
    In the morning, after you drink coffee out of your massive mug, I expect genetic flow charts and a Star Wars themed double helix.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, y'all won't catch me in the conversation here much as I'm not really a star wars fan. I liked the original movies okay, but the rest of them I have no desire to see. They are sitting on our shelves right now and I won't be watching them. Basically I just wanted to say that is one damn smart 12 year old.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by the inconsistency in the Stormtroopers abilities throughout the series, especially the books and video games. Sometimes they're portrayed as elite killers and guards, and other times they just get butt fucked by the rebels. You would assume that since all the Stormtroopers had to be trained in the Imperial academy for several years they'd be able to shoot straight. Granted, most rebels went there too, but they dropped out. They couldn't have been as adept in battle as the Stormtroopers, especially since they had so little experience. I'm kind of just on a nerd rant, but is no one else bothered by this?
    I would be bothered except for the fact that if the Stormtroopers were always kickass shots Luke, Han, Ben, Chewy, and the droids would never have made it out of Mos Eisley...let alone off the Deathstar. Pretty much like any other movie with good guys and bad guys, the bad guys are almost always terrible shots. Notice how when the stormtroopers are fighting for the Republic this is when they're all badasses but as soon as they're done knocking off all the Jedi they forget how to shoot.

i'm just going to go ahead and say it:

FUCK the prequels and the reissued original three. they have no place in my heart, none what-so-ever. i pretend they don't exist as they make me sad.
    Hey this is exactly how I feel about the Dune prequels...except that, unlike George Lucas, Frank Herbert has the excuse of being dead when they were written.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Notice how when the stormtroopers are fighting for the Republic this is when they're all badasses but as soon as they're done knocking off all the Jedi they forget how to shoot.
    I always hated that retcon that the 501 legion were actually all clone troopers. But you raise an even better point. If they were all Boba Fett shouldn't they be able to shoot a fly in the ass from 200 yards away?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not Bobafett--clones. I believe they could have been taught different functions.

He may be genetically athletic, and that helps. But they didn't get his brain.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

and they weren't all personally raised by jango. that makes a huge difference.

Country
    Country Flag

If they were clone troopers, that would mean that they are Boba Fett. They're clones of Jango, Boba is also a clone of Jango. Meaning they're all the same guy. Boba is Jango, Jango is Boba. There is no difference.

They were cloned from him specifically to be super soldiers, so you would assume some of his abilities went in there. Meaning the clones should be just about as powerful as Boba Fett.

and they weren't all personally raised by jango. that makes a huge difference.
    He was only like eight when they killed his dad and made him live on the streets. Doesn't make that much of a difference. The clones themselves probably had more formal training.

genetically? yes.

again, though...boba fett had the superior training.

sometimes that's all it comes down to.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally understand what you mean. They are genetically Jango. But that doesn't mean they are him.

Like sj just said, they weren't even raised by him. You could make a clone of me and it still wouldn't know how to say...set up this website. Unless you taught it to of course.

Country
    Country Flag

genetically? yes.

again, though...boba fett had the superior training.

sometimes that's all it comes down to.
    Well, he lived longer, so I'll give you that. He had more experience. But the clones were cloned from MANDALORE. That's all I'm getting at. Shouldn't they be bad ass too? (Clones being Stormtroopers in this situation).

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

They would have the potential for bad ass-ness, but they would still require training...

... if the Easter Bunny raised them, they'd be JangoBunny and not very skilled at fighting at all.

( back to thread lurking )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great analogy Pam!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ... if the Easter Bunny raised them, they'd be JangoBunny and not very skilled at fighting at all.
    That awesome.

/me s pam.

you should post more instead of lurking, please.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Any time I see the possibility for JangoBunny intervention, I promise to post.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast