Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, thanks sara. I know what we were talking about.
    Ewan does have good movies, I like many of them.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'd say Trainspotting put him on the map. Most everyone I knew who was a Star Wars fan said something close to "Awesome! The guy from Trainspotting is playing Obi-Wan!" when the casting was first heard about.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

I respect your thoughts Chris. I know just as many friends/coworkers that had no idea who he was. *shrugs*

Ewan was a bad-ass Obi Wan imo. Even if people didn't like the prequels, he was a bright spot I think. Better than the whiney Padme & Anakin.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post

shallow grave?

oh sarajean sometimes we are of one mind. I was reading this thread and this was the first movie to pop into my head and then i read your post.

some of my other favs from him are/were:

Emma
    Nightwatch
    Moulin Rouge

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And the argument was declared dead at...9:04 MST.

Guess it depends on your definition of "map".

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I'd say Trainspotting put him on the map.
    Comparto tu opinion.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

He was huge in the UK before Star Wars, he's also done loads of tv stuff here too.
    Why don't you make up your own mind?
    Well, I liked the original trilogy at the time - but rewatching them later I didn't enjoy them as much, so thats not enough incentive for me to watch the new ones even without the poor fan reviews.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a great picture!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good one!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

On any version of Star Wars when you look out of the ship's windows you see a dark sky filled with stars.

Why don't these fuckers ever travel during the day??
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All this talk about Star Wars made me want to watch the movies again, so I had a drunk (original) SW marathon yesterday.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    On any version of Star Wars when you look out of the ship's windows you see a dark sky filled with stars.

Why don't these fuckers ever travel during the day??

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

now we only need the obi-wan and the darth maul...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cute!

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No! IT'S A TRAAAAAAAAAP!!!

Sorry--I reference Ackbar more often than I should, especially at work.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's because Admiral Ackbar rules. I was so stoked when I got his toy and the book, Dark Apprentice, which was half about a war on Ackbar's home planet Mon Calimari, all underwater stuff (how I know what those things Qui Gon and Obi Wan put use in Episode 1 were) and the other half was about one of Luke's students on discovering the ancient temple to sith lord Exar Kun and going to the darkside. Out of the half dozen to a dozen EU books I've read, this was my favourite.

I recently played most of Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga for the Wii and found it quite enjoyable. Many of the cinema sequences were hilarious. The best was during the fight with Darth Maul I was Qui-Gon and my friend was Obi-Wan. Darth Maul was getting low in health and I scream "I AM UNSTOPPABLE YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME DARTH MAUL!!" and literally two seconds after I finished this sentence the cinema showing Qui-Gon get taken out plays. Talk about a bad time for trash talking.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ackbar = rule, for sure.

I'll have to remember to pick that game up when I get a Wii some time in the future.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    now we only need the obi-wan and the darth maul...

The shadows make this picture look really awesome.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Did I post this in this thread yet? If so, it is well worth watching again anyway.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4stEasOVrI"]YouTube - Patton Oswalt--Nick Nolte as Han Solo[/ame]
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Did I post this in this thread yet? If so, it is well worth watching again anyway.

The really bad part is that I can almost see it, hahahaha

Great clip Chris, thanks

This is great.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STRja-ABexU"]YouTube - George Lucas in Love[/ame]

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I got Qui Gon...

<a href="http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Media/Games/The_Ultimate_Star_Wars_Personality_Test/" target="_blank"img src="http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/190407/Card_Qui-Gon.jpg" border="0"/a>

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast