Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 130 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think the 2nd ep was more like filler than the 4th. Some interesting and important character stuff going on in the 4th ep.

ETA: I should say that I liked both eps just fine. Just that insofar as the 4th could be seen as filler - and I can see why you would say that - the 2nd ep has the same problem, and I found the 4th ep more significant in its character development. (And I'm not talking about the new characters).
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In preparation for Episode 9, I'll be re-watching the entire Saga. I was inspired by a young co-worker who has never seen anything Star Wars, and I was blown away. Being the nerd that I am and spurred by the fact that we were talking about how he just got Disney+ for free for a year, I provided him with a watch list of all the movies and TV shows, in my preferred order. And that's what I'll be doing, starting tonight.
    1. Episode 4: A New Hope (December 5 on Disney+)
    2. Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back (December 6 on Disney+)
    3. Episode 6: Return of the Jedi (December 7 on Disney+)
    4. Rogue One (December 9 on Disney+)
    5. Solo (December 10 on Netflix)
    6. Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (December 12 on Disney+)
    7. Episode 2: Attack of the Clones (December 13 on Disney+)
    8. Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (December 14 on Disney+)
    9. Episode 7: The Force Awakens (December 17 on Disney+)
    10. Episode 8: The Last Jedi (December 19 on Netflix)
    11. Episode 9: Rise of Skywalker (December 21 in theaters)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    In preparation for Episode 9, I'll be re-watching the entire Saga. I was inspired by a young co-worker who has never seen anything Star Wars, and I was blown away. Being the nerd that I am and spurred by the fact that we were talking about how he just got Disney+ for free for a year, I provided him with a watch list of all the movies and TV shows, in my preferred order. And that's what I'll be doing, starting tonight.
    5. Solo (December 10 on Netflix)
    6. Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (December 12 on Disney+)
    7. Episode 2: Attack of the Clones (December 13 on Disney+)
    8. Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (December 14 on Disney+)
    The entire saga has been available on my Disney+ for some time now except Last Jedi and Solo I believe. Unless those are the dates you plan to watch them on. Otherwise, great lineup. I'll be doing something similar with my grandson, but we're going to skip episodes I-III.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently revisited episodes I-III and they were really bad. Worse than I remember. The acting is atrocious.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I recently revisited episodes I-III and they were really bad. Worse than I remember. The acting is atrocious.
    I remember the fanboy denial that happened when 1-3 were released. They were awful movies. Love the original trilogy and the new films are half as good but decent movies. Like them a lot.

How honestly good is a series if 1/3 of the films are absolutely atrocious? 66% success rate.

If you generously give Lucas THX 1138 he is at 50% success rate in the director's chair.

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House #'ed, RB Gift,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that’s my schedule, and as I noted Solo and The Last Jedi are on Netflix.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that’s my schedule, and as I noted Solo and The Last Jedi are on Netflix.
    Sorry, was only trying to help. Ragnarok, suddenly appeared on Disney+. I don't know the schedule for their film's reversion back to Disney.

Regarding I-III FWIW a half assed SW movie beats just about anything else in the genre any day IMHO. They weren't great perhaps but they weren't as bad as some make them out to be. Just spoiled fanboys is all. lol

At the very least they gave us the back story for the rest of the saga.

Also, Ep. V of the Mandalorian dropped today. Not the best episode of the series so far but, I still like where they appear to be going with it so far.

Country
    Country Flag

Because Rise of Skywalker is the end of the saga (or so they say), I wanted to re-watch every SW movie, and that includes 1, 2, and 3. I haven't seen 1 and 2 in ages, so that should be interesting. Plus they're all remastered in 4K on D+.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't know the schedule for their film's reversion back to Disney.
    They do announce their monthly additions like other streaming services. Here's December 2019: https://www.gamesradar.com/new-on-di...-movies-shows/

You can actually search for Disney movies and many of them come up even if not yet on the service with a launch date.

The only SW movies missing from Disney+ are The Last Jedi and Solo (both currently on Netflix) and will come to D+ (and presumably leave Netflix) on December 26, 2019 and July 9, 2020.

The missing MCU movies are Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, and Ant-Man and The Wasp (the Spider-Man movies are owned by Sony and D+ would need to license them to have everything in one place), and will be up on March 4, 2020, June 25, 2020, and June 29, 2020 respectively (and on Netflix until then, presumably). The Incredible Hulk is also missing and owned by Universal, so it would need to be licensed, too, which is unlikely.

Country
    Country Flag

Slightly revised my rewatch order, if anyone wants to follow along:
    5. Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (December 11 on Disney+)
    6. Episode 2: Attack of the Clones (December 12 on Disney+)
    7. Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (December 13 on Disney+)
    8. Solo (December 15 on Netflix)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

That's an odd order to watch them in. It's not chronological or in release date order.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    That's an odd order to watch them in. It's not chronological or in release date order.
    I have to agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm.

4,5,6 - release date and chronological.
    Rogue One - chronological after 6

1, 2, 3 - release date
    Solo - chronological after 3

7, 8, 9 - chronological + release date (more or less, not exactly sure (and don't truly care tbh) when Solo was released)

The main 9 movies are all by release date.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Personally I tend to fall into the chronological order camp when watching these. So it'd be.

1, 2, 3, Solo, Rouge One, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

There is the altered chronological order though that treats the prequels like a "flash back" sort of. I dunno where the new movies fall into that though or if they do at all. That order is something like this (if I'm remembering it correctly).

4, 5, (1 is optional), 2, 3, 6

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that was my thinking, watch the trilogies in release order, and then the standalone films after the trilogies they tie into. Rogue One ties into the original trilogy and Solo mainly ties into the prequel trilogy.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like the actual chronological order because if you're new to Star Wars watching Episode 1 makes little sense without knowing the original trilogy,

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I don't like the actual chronological order because if you're new to Star Wars watching Episode 1 makes little sense without knowing the original trilogy,
    Yea I don't think actual chronological order makes sense for someone who has never seen Star Wars before. But I think for me personally when I'm re-watching I prefer chronological. Though I haven't done it since before Force Awakens. Though the more I think about it the more I feel like Rouge One should come before A New Hope, since it leads so perfectly into it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Hmm.

4,5,6 - release date and chronological.
    Rogue One - chronological after 6
    Rogue One literally sets up Episode 4.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

It does, but I feel like if you're new to Star Wars, you must see the original trilogy first, no matter what. So I want to replicate that experience.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The original SW trilogy is simply Act II of a three act mythological saga. I prefer to see shows beginning from Act I. (not that I had that option in 1977)

Solo and Rogue One are but interludes to the main story. (like LSOE and TWTTK)
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think Mae’s order is spot on. For a first time viewer of Star Wars, I think starting with the original trilogy first is essential. I would not screen Rogue One before Ep 4 -it spoils it too much, and the Ep 4-6 references it contains make no sense to a first time viewer.

Similarly the end of Solo has references to Ep 1-3 which don’t make sense bless you see them first.

Also, dividing the three trilogies by showing the standalone movies in between is a neat idea.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I think Mae’s order is spot on. For a first time viewer of Star Wars, I think starting with the original trilogy first is essential. I would not screen Rogue One before Ep 4 -it spoils it too much, and the Ep 4-6 references it contains make no sense to a first time viewer.

Similarly the end of Solo has references to Ep 1-3 which don’t make sense bless you see them first.

Also, dividing the three trilogies by showing the standalone movies in between is a neat idea.
    That's exactly my thinking. Already watched Episode 4 last night, so anyone feel free to join in!

I definitely think the watch order really depends on who you're watching them with. If all parties involved have seen them all before, then I think chronological seems best. If the people watching are new to Star Wars Mae's way is probably best.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

That's exactly my thinking. Already watched Episode 4 last night, so anyone feel free to join in!
    I watch the entire series with my offspring every winter break. Original versions too. Han shot first forevah!

EP 1 would be a tough pill to swallow as first exposure to SW. It looks terribly dated already even though it's a fairly new movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 130 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast