Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Being the right type of fan helps. You need writers with restraint, who don't pepper the media with references in lieu of thoughtful universe expansion.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Star Wars Discussion

COULD THE SECOND EPISODE BE BETTER!!?!! YES IT COULD!!! This is sooo good!! I have a nerd boner! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My son says the animated series The Clone Wars is exactly and probably should be included in the canon of the SW universe. I picked up the newest SW game yesterday as well, Fallen Order. Can't wait to catch the next episode and play the game!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    COULD THE SECOND EPISODE BE BETTER!!?!! YES IT COULD!!! This is sooo good!! I have a nerd boner! Lol

I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you, Kris but only if you promise to put that thing away!!!! LOL

Yes, the second episode was extremely cool and good as well!! The HD quality seems even better than I've seen from other streaming services if that is even possible. The cinematography is freaking awesome!! It really captures the feel of Episode IV and V IMHO The slow and deliberate story telling of the episodes is a real nice touch even if it is a freaking tease!!!! Can't wait for the next episode to drop!!! What's the schedule? Did someone post a link to the schedule?

BTW, my grandson called me on "Alexa" to tell what an awesome, Grandpa I am for getting him and his brother this service!!! That was a few hours or so ago and I still can't wipe the smile off my face!!! lol lol

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think new episodes drop every Friday - agreed my son and I thoroughly enjoyed Mandalorian
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I knew SOY would use The Force! But the Mandalorian appeared to not know what it was. I suppose with Skywalker pretty much being the only Jedi that we would be aware of at the time, most wouldn't have ever seen it in action. But surely word of its use would have spread.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Spoiler:
    I knew SOY would use The Force! But the Mandalorian appeared to not know what it was. I suppose with Skywalker pretty much being the only Jedi that we would be aware of at the time, most wouldn't have ever seen it in action. But surely word of its use would have spread.
    Excellent point. I knew that was coming too and made me so happy. And I just love what I’m seeing. I’ve watched both episodes twice now LOL

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    You kinda answered your own question, Bri. Why would you assume the "word of its use" would have spread? As far as the rest of the galaxy probably knows the force had nothing to do with the fall of the Empire. The only one's in the know would be the remaining band of rebels that took down the Emperor, Darth Vadar and the Empire. The Universe is a really big place (lol). And really as far as anyone knows the force played a small role in the victory. I think that is a reasonable assumption given the way things played out at the end of ROTJ. Remember, Luke was off by himself away from the party and, Leia joins him and they see Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoday in the sky. Seems to me that the force was a close kept participant in the victory. Luke then goes off to a planet to start another Jedi academy and Leia & Solo are making babies. What do you think?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Should we set a convention on how long after release spoilerish discussion of The Mandalorian latest episode should stay hidden in spoiler tags? Or should readers just avoid the thread until they've seen the latest ep?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    You kinda answered your own question, Bri. Why would you assume the "word of its use" would have spread? As far as the rest of the galaxy probably knows the force had nothing to do with the fall of the Empire. The only one's in the know would be the remaining band of rebels that took down the Emperor, Darth Vadar and the Empire. The Universe is a really big place (lol). And really as far as anyone knows the force played a small role in the victory. I think that is a reasonable assumption given the way things played out at the end of ROTJ. Remember, Luke was off by himself away from the party and, Leia joins him and they see Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoday in the sky. Seems to me that the force was a close kept participant in the victory. Luke then goes off to a planet to start another Jedi academy and Leia & Solo are making babies. What do you think?
    Mainly because they are huge celebrities within the rebellion is my line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Should we set a convention on how long after release spoilerish discussion of The Mandalorian latest episode should stay hidden in spoiler tags? Or should readers just avoid the thread until they've seen the latest ep?

HBJ
    I think if there were a thread solely for The Mandalorian you could post there without spoilers as it would say in the title spoilers abound. I also think these things have a way of taking care of themselves over time.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Excellent point. I knew that was coming too and made me so happy. And I just love what I’m seeing. I’ve watched both episodes twice now LOL
    I'm super stoked for it too, Kris. This is original trilogy good. I could see them expanding the universe even further but that's a slippery slope. It could go off the rails quickly if not handled correctly. Whatever happens, I hope we don't forget how good this was looking back.

Country
    Country Flag

Curious as to how a theme park ride falls into the timeline.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else bummed about the super quick run time of the episodes? I understand it's one big story split across 8 episodes, but damn do I not want it to end. The 2nd episode's 34 minute runtime (or whatever it was) just gave me blue balls. Can't wait to binge the entire season in its entirety

Country
    Country Flag

Are you referring to the one opening December 5th in Orlando?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

oof. Nearly an hour of someone trying to convince me Rogue One is not just a good film (it's pretty bad), but a masterpiece? You're going to have to paraphrase this for me because I can't see myself ever taking that plunge.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Anyone else bummed about the super quick run time of the episodes? I understand it's one big story split across 8 episodes, but damn do I not want it to end. The 2nd episode's 34 minute runtime (or whatever it was) just gave me blue balls. Can't wait to binge the entire season in its entirety
    Agreed! I'm so engaged it seems like it's only been 5 minutes when the credits roll. How about that gorgeous art at the end of each episode!

Are you referring to the one opening December 5th in Orlando?
    Yea. It's in the timeline that Mae posted.

Country
    Country Flag

Rogue One is my second favorite SW film.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

oof. Nearly an hour of someone trying to convince me Rogue One is not just a good film (it's pretty bad), but a masterpiece? You're going to have to paraphrase this for me because I can't see myself ever taking that plunge.
    Rogue one is pretty bad? Your crazy! Masterpiece...no. But it’s good.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the whole thing, it's a great essay. It says it's flawed right in the title. But I agree, because I love Rogue One, it's one of my favorite Star Wars films, probably my second favorite as well.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm not debating the fact it's flawed. It's clearly flawed. But what makes it a flawed masterpiece? Liking something despite its flaws doesn't make something a near masterpiece. Blade Runner is a flawed masterpiece.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't be able to encapsulate it or express it better than the video's author did, so if you ever have some time to kill and are a SW fan, check it out. Personally, as pointed out in the video, it's how these new characters we've never met but have been alluded to are presented, their tragic journey and sacrifice, it all makes for a compelling drama. The final lead-in into A New Hope is masterfully done. It works great both as a standalone story and as a direct prequel to Episode 4. I never had an issue with the opening scene of A New Hope but apparently some fans did and still do after Rogue One. Regardless, the film itself and the doomed characters it introduces is what wins it for me. And just visually speaking it's great with the final battle being some of the very best Star Wars has ever done.

Country
    Country Flag

On another note,

Country
    Country Flag

On another note,
    Totally agree and just love him!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast