Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So early reactions to Solo are surprisingly positive: http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/sol...ch-1201963025/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow.. are they ever!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

All the critic responses for the past 3 movies have been positive too. Means next to nothing to me. The guy they picked to play Solo is a charisma vacuum and the only thing this movie will prove is that a Lando movie would've been the better choice.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So any comments on the movie? If the tropical storm/disturbance doesn't shut things down tomorrow I thought about watching it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    So any comments on the movie? If the tropical storm/disturbance doesn't shut things down tomorrow I thought about watching it.
    Saw it today and I thought it was GREAT!!!! All the little things you're looking for in a SW film like this IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I liked it a lot. A droid named L3 stole the show.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really like it. Maybe cause I was expecting much worse... not sure but THAT was a good movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Really like it. Maybe cause I was expecting much worse... not sure but THAT was a good movie.

Same here. Had low expectations because of the production issues they apparently had. But I enjoyed it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Same here. Had low expectations because of the production issues they apparently had. But I enjoyed it.
    Apparently, "Opie" saved the day, Pa!!!!! lol lol Although it mau actually have been "Aunt Bee's cooking" in the end. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'm honestly not sure the Disney machine can really put out a bad movie at this point. Maybe mediocre, but I'm not sure bad is possible. I thought Solo was pretty good, entirely unnecessary, but good. Donald Glover killed it as Lando. While Alden Ehrenreich was a tougher sell, I still think he did a pretty good job playing a younger, less experienced, and honestly a little naive Han Solo.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I'm honestly not sure the Disney machine can really put out a bad movie at this point. Maybe mediocre, but I'm not sure bad is possible. I thought Solo was pretty good, entirely unnecessary, but good. Donald Glover killed it as Lando. While Alden Ehrenreich was a tougher sell, I still think he did a pretty good job playing a younger, less experienced, and honestly a little naive Han Solo.
    Maybe that’s something to consider with his portrayal. We are expecting the Han Solo of a new hope who was hardened by his experiences. Even though Han lived a seemingly hard life as a kid he only experienced low level gangsters. And he is clearly an optimist in this film.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First off, I thought "Solo" was a great flick. I think their dip in numbers had more to do with the releases of "Avengers and DP2" in the same proximity especially for the holiday weekend. Just my opinion.

Overall, I think what Disney needs to be looking at is trying to create and establish another 3-6 film arc that perhaps only dances with the main story line. One thing about "Solo" and "Rogue One" is that despite them being good films there was little in the way of surprises because they have to tie in with the main arc. A storyline further away from that arc where they have less restrictions or tie in's to worry about may fare better and allow them to introduce new "Beloved Characters" and throw in some 'WTF" surprises and/or moments. Those two films really only offered "Ahh, so that's how that came to be" moments and no real substance based story. JMHO

Personally, I'd like to see them dip into the storyline's for the Sith and what goes into their ascension and so forth. Maybe dial the timeline back a few decades before Obi-Wan, The Emperor and Anakin were even a gleam in their Daddy's eye. Getting away from the Main Arc, regardless of time line should allow for a more free ability to tell stories in that "Universe" so to speak. What do you folks think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I liked it a lot. It's the best Ron Howard film I've seen in a long time. Some of the comments I've been reading (not here) about the movie are absolutely ridiculous. Some SW fans are picky, close-minded babies. They missed out on a really good entry. I would definitely go see more Solo films.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Collider tends to be a little sensational / jumpy on their news. I stopped listening to their podcasts awhile ago because their stuff seemed to be kinda flimsy at times. Solo failed because of Disney, not on the movies merits. Firstly it was positioned poorly in their release schedule. It was buried under Deadpool 2 and Avengers. Granted Deadpool 2 got a 2 week earlier release, but that would've just killed Solo on the back end instead of the opening weekend. This movie should've been a winter release, it's been working for the other Star Wars movies it would've worked with this one too.

The second major problem was the marketing. It took them forever to start marketing this movie, and once they did, the trailers where kinda bad. Mostly though I just don't think anyone really wanted a Han Solo movie, and Disney didn't do a good enough job of convincing people to go see it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see them dip into the storyline's for the Sith and what goes into their ascension and so forth. Maybe dial the timeline back a few decades before Obi-Wan, The Emperor and Anakin were even a gleam in their Daddy's eye. Getting away from the Main Arc, regardless of time line should allow for a more free ability to tell stories in that "Universe" so to speak. What do you folks think?
    Since they scrapped all the canon around Knights of the Old Republic, I'd love to see someone retool the Revan story line into a movie or series of movies.

I fargin LOVE Revan.
    Wraine of Pints N Quarters Gaming!

Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...g3rAGIp615zLtA

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Since they scrapped all the canon around Knights of the Old Republic, I'd love to see someone retool the Revan story line into a movie or series of movies.

I fargin LOVE Revan.
    Could you give a little synopsis of Revan? I’m not aware of the story. Thanks

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post

I fargin LOVE Revan.
    Could you give a little synopsis of Revan? I’m not aware of the story. Thanks

It's a pretty long and complicated story.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

I'd give you a TLDR, but honestly as I was trying to type one I'm pretty sure I only remember maybe 30% of the details. I have played KOTR in maybe 10 years.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

How about another ewok movie?

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Solo earlier today and absolutely loved it.

I would rank it nearly as good as Rogue One (but fun where R1 was intense) and personally, i rank both side-story films as far, far better than both The Last Jedi and The Force Awakens.

Both R1 and Solo seem to benefit from not having the weight of the original trilogy weighing down the story-telling and trying too hard to meet fan expectation.

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Solo a second time and enjoyed it more this go around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast