Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I don't know if it's the reawakened kid in me or what, but I find myself looking forward to the next ep of The Mandalorian way before it's due to come out. It's been a while since I've anticipated new eps of a TV series this much.

(Although to be fair, I've tended to watch the better TV series after they've finished. But still)

HBJ
    LOST..... the last time I felt what you described. Now this m.... so I totally agree!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I don't know if it's the reawakened kid in me or what, but I find myself looking forward to the next ep of The Mandalorian way before it's due to come out. It's been a while since I've anticipated new eps of a TV series this much.

(Although to be fair, I've tended to watch the better TV series after they've finished. But still)

HBJ
    Me too, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Continuing in my observation of the shoddy way, Disney rolled out this entire enterprise, while doing a little online Xmas shopping with, Amazon I finally found some "Mandalorian" merchandise. I was amazed to find that "Baby Yoda" and the Nick Nolte character dolls were only available for pre-order. Furthermore, apparently if you order these things they will not be available for delivery until, May 2020!!! I could only find 1 LEGO Mandalorian set that was also a pre-order and BTW (not sure if I mentioned this before) be on alert for Amazon Lego set descriptions modified to read as "Mandalorian" characters/scenarios that are in fact just older Ep. 1-3 toys or "Bobba Fett" toys. I was kinda surprised that Amazon was not or, is falling down on policing these type of listings.

Say what you will about, George Lucas but the man knew how to capitalize on his film's merchandizing!! lol I would have thought that Disney would have had warehouses full of Mandalorian crap well in advance of the just before Christmas release date!!! Come to think of it, I should probably go see what they have for "The Rise of Skywalker" though I did spot a few things while searching for Mandalorian stuff. lol

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I read something about not releasing the toys in time for Christmas so they don't spoil the series, especially with baby Yoda.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I read something about not releasing the toys in time for Christmas so they don't spoil the series, especially with baby Yoda.
    That is correct. Jon F. made them promise or he would not do the show...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The characters in question appeared in the first episode or two. And since when did arts & craft supersede profit at any major corporation? lol lol Somebody will be hitting the old soup line over this one I'm sure!!! lol

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Baby Yoda was shown in the first episode, but was completely absent from all Disney+ promotional materials leading up to the premiere, which was a genius move actually. Now everyone is going bananas for Baby Yoda!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes, Baby Yoda was shown in the first episode, but was completely absent from all Disney+ promotional materials leading up to the premiere, which was a genius move actually. Now everyone is going bananas for Baby Yoda!
    100%. I asked for one for Xmas... Wife cannot get anything. I am NOT alone in asking either. I read a report that said they had no idea how popular he would be and they would never have agreed to his request if they had known... they estimate up to $30 million in lost profits by not having stuff out by Xmas SO FAR!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    100%. I asked for one for Xmas... Wife cannot get anything. I am NOT alone in asking either. I read a report that said they had no idea how popular he would be and they would never have agreed to his request if they had known... they estimate up to $30 million in lost profits by not having stuff out by Xmas SO FAR!!!
    They didn't know how popular he would be? Are you fucking kidding me? You're basically saying that its a bunch of clueless assholes over at Disney+ and I for one find that hard to believe. They had to have realized the moment that pen hit paper while writing the screenplay's "This character is going to make a bazillion dollars for us"!!!! I mean if anyone knows merchandizing its Disney/Star Wars. Come on, bitch please!!! lol lol

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is exactly why Christmas is my least favorite holiday. Let's commercialize the fuck out of everything under the sun to praise that all mighty dollar bill. It's all about the bottom line. Good on Jon F. because he knew what would happen and will happen. Lost profits? Please. They'll make millions off this stuff well after Christmas and beyond.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    This is exactly why Christmas is my least favorite holiday. Let's commercialize the fuck out of everything under the sun to praise that all mighty dollar bill. It's all about the bottom line. Good on Jon F. because he knew what would happen and will happen. Lost profits? Please. They'll make millions off this stuff well after Christmas and beyond.
    A bit cynical buddy no? I LOVE Christmas BUT I do not make it about gifts. I make it about seeing old friends and new friends. Adventure, parties, and my family... both sides and extended. Food, drink, fun... the music, the decorations.. the vibe. THAT is the last thing I think about. Everything is commercialized so why let if ruin your holidays?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A bit cynical buddy no? I LOVE Christmas BUT I do not make it about gifts. I make it about seeing old friends and new friends. Adventure, parties, and my family... both sides and extended. Food, drink, fun... the music, the decorations.. the vibe. THAT is the last thing I think about. Everything is commercialized so why let if ruin your holidays?

Oh, fuck that shit, IWANT MY BABY YODA!!!!!!!! LOL J/K LOL

Edit: Funko Pop Has baby Yoda & the Nick Nolte character statues available but only for pre-order. Delivery not until, May 2020

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Oh, fuck that shit, IWANT MY BABY YODA!!!!!!!! LOL J/K LOL
    Me too!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Cynical indeed! lol. The company I work for is so profit driven, even after billions of dollars in profit each quarter, just gets old, man. Especially when that business model cost good people their jobs so we can make the 1% more rich. Not sure if that's an issue up north, but we live and die by it down south. And what you describe Christmas is for you, that's what Thanksgiving is for me. Love, love Thanksgiving.

On Topic: I tried to launch an internet campaign for SOY as the name of baby Yoda. Didn't pan out

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I want a baby yoda too so I can take it to the gun range and aim an M14 at it.

Also, with a new Star Wars film looming, you know what that means....A NEW NERD CREW!!!!

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Also, with a new Star Wars film looming, you know what that means....A NEW NERD CREW!!!!

Wait.... let me guess.... total stab in the dark here... but you hate the show and Baby Yoda. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait.... let me guess.... total stab in the dark here... but you hate the show and Baby Yoda. Lol

Don't say I didn't warn ya, Kris!!! lol

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the show and will probably never watch it because I've lost all interest in Star Wars so I can't say I hate it and have no opinion on Baby Yoda as a character, but being bombarded with Baby Yoda for several weeks has been pretty annoying...mostly because I know it isn't going away anytime soon.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the show and will probably never watch it because I've lost all interest in Star Wars so I can't say I hate it and have no opinion on Baby Yoda as a character, but being bombarded with Baby Yoda for several weeks has been pretty annoying...mostly because I know it isn't going away anytime soon.
    Give MANDALORIAN a try. It’s the closest thing yet to the original feel... and baby yoda rocks. Period.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't possibly reward Disney after the horrible job they've done with the brand. If the show last several seasons and people still hail it, then I'll think about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm nearing the end of my Star Wars re-watch. Have a work trip next week so had to tighten it up, but I have finished the Original Trilogy, Rogue One, the Prequel Trilogy, and Solo. So now only Episodes 7 and 8 remain next week, before I see Episode 9. This has been really rewarding, too, this is the first time I've done something like this for any franchise, and I even enjoyed watching Episodes 1 and 2. They are still the worst of the bunch of course, and don't really feel like Star Wars to me, but there were certainly cool moments and lots of interesting lore and world-building. And I liked Solo a lot more than I remember from before. Overall, I'm really excited to revisit the last two before the new one in theaters!

Also, this is pretty cool:

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the newest episode of Mandalorian will drop Wednesday this week.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the newest episode of Mandalorian will drop Wednesday this week.
    Yeppers... AND isn't that ironic my man? A day before the release of the last movie in the saga. WHO wants to bet... Baby Yoda has SOMETHING to do with this whole thing?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it. Baby Yoda would still pretty much be a baby, wouldn't he?

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it. Baby Yoda would still pretty much be a baby, wouldn't he?
    I agree. He would.... BUT doesn't it seem a little too coincidental? First big show they drop is a Star Wars show.... the finale finds its way JUST after the release of Star Wars's last entry of the Skywalker saga? I dont know.. but I will for sure this Friday haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast