Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 130 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    spoilers
    Thank you, Dan. I can always rely on you for some insightful discussion. <3
    And thank you Mae. <3 The uber nerd is strong with this one. lol

Spoiler:
    You're absolutely right about Kylo Ren. I forget at times that this movie literally happens over the course of a day. Did anyone else have flashbacks to the OJ Simpson, White Bronco not-so-high-speed chase during the pursuit scenes? I know I did.

I guess part of my frustration with his character is that...he acts so very young and he acts so very Sith. I mean, given the timelines laid out by the movies, Kylo Ren should be at least 28-30 years old (he was a teenager when training with Luke and Luke has now been in hiding between 13 and 15 years) and we have been repeatedly beaten over the head with "there are no Sith". So, I don't know about you, but his fits have begun to wear on my nerves now. And besides, when did people equate attunement to the Dark Side of the force with acting like a toddler? I mean, everyone here has seen the original trilogy, yes? Darth Vader was a force of nature, he did not act like an emotionally compromised teenage girl.

Perhaps if I understood what he was actually about there might come some amount of understanding with that, but right now, I'm just kinda lost as to what the hell is going on there, and not in a contemplative way. Just a roll my eyes, whatever, kind of way.

And yes, I imagine people can change a lot in thirty years, but that's reallllly stretching it for me.

For the record, I assumed one of two things had happened when it came to Luke in this movie; 1.) that after he failed Ben Solo he had felt the stirrings of the darkside within himself and that is why he had gone into exile or 2.) that the Rebellion had grown so fearful of the Jedi and his rebuilding of the order that unbeknownst to Leia, they sent in a group of men to kill him and his students and after learning of this little plot and escaping with his life, Luke exiled himself and never spoke of it to Leia in fear that it could endanger her.

Like I said, I'm going to see the movie again on Thursday and I plan on paying closer attention to Rey. In the fight in the throne room I felt she was at least holding her own with little to no help from Kylo.
    She was able to kill the guards she was dealing with and toss him her lightsaber after all. You might be right about splitting the lightsaber, that it deals with sheer strength in the force, her good versus his evil, or perhaps it's just a convenient way for her to need to create her own (which I think will be gold).

And I absolutely agree with you about her original fight with Kylo Ren. He was severely injured during that whole encounter (as shown earlier in the film, taking a hit from Chewy's bowcaster is no small feat) nor do I think he was actually trying to kill her. If anything, I always felt that was his chance to gauge her talents and his offer to train her was absolutely genuine.

The rocks though....that was some seriously high level Jedi shit, and I'm just not cool with her doing that like it ain't no big deal.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rey is

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Rey is
    Spoiler:
    Even Neo trained with Morpheus a lot longer than 15 minutes.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I think Rey’s parents will still be important.

1. I believe Kylo was lying about him knowing her parents and was using her feelings of loneliness to try to pull her to his side.
    2. If the area beneath the island is similar to the cave on Dagoba, then it was showing her worst nightmare: that she was in fact all alone. For Luke it was Vader and the fear of turning to the darkside even though he didn’t yet know his connection to Vader.
    3. Based on Luke’s comments that her power was similar to Kylo’s and how she was pulled to the dark I’m thinking she may have origins in the dark like Luke and Kylo, possibly someone outside the sith. And like Yoda with Anakin, Luke is scared of what she could do if she controls all her power and turns bad.

Whether we will actually learn who her parents are is up in the air. However, my feeling is that they are important in some way and will play a role in IX.

I do like the idea of her coming from nothing though.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Rey is
    Spoiler:
    Even Neo trained with Morpheus a lot longer than 15 minutes.
    Jesus Andi, that was impressive. I was more bare bones on my disappointment with the movie, but you truly wrote a great piece. I wasn't a fan of the movie, or the new characters, but you truly have pushed me to the dark side. I am a full fledged evil master now, and it took definitely less then 15 minutes of training reading .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know that the Rule of Two is no longer considered canon but I'd be happy to have you as my evil apprentice, allasorte.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

spoilers
    Thank you, Dan. I can always rely on you for some insightful discussion. <3
    And thank you Mae. <3 The uber nerd is strong with this one. lol

Spoiler:
    You're absolutely right about Kylo Ren. I forget at times that this movie literally happens over the course of a day. Did anyone else have flashbacks to the OJ Simpson, White Bronco not-so-high-speed chase during the pursuit scenes? I know I did.

I guess part of my frustration with his character is that...he acts so very young and he acts so very Sith. I mean, given the timelines laid out by the movies, Kylo Ren should be at least 28-30 years old (he was a teenager when training with Luke and Luke has now been in hiding between 13 and 15 years) and we have been repeatedly beaten over the head with "there are no Sith". So, I don't know about you, but his fits have begun to wear on my nerves now. And besides, when did people equate attunement to the Dark Side of the force with acting like a toddler? I mean, everyone here has seen the original trilogy, yes? Darth Vader was a force of nature, he did not act like an emotionally compromised teenage girl.

Perhaps if I understood what he was actually about there might come some amount of understanding with that, but right now, I'm just kinda lost as to what the hell is going on there, and not in a contemplative way. Just a roll my eyes, whatever, kind of way.

And yes, I imagine people can change a lot in thirty years, but that's reallllly stretching it for me.

For the record, I assumed one of two things had happened when it came to Luke in this movie; 1.) that after he failed Ben Solo he had felt the stirrings of the darkside within himself and that is why he had gone into exile or 2.) that the Rebellion had grown so fearful of the Jedi and his rebuilding of the order that unbeknownst to Leia, they sent in a group of men to kill him and his students and after learning of this little plot and escaping with his life, Luke exiled himself and never spoke of it to Leia in fear that it could endanger her.

Like I said, I'm going to see the movie again on Thursday and I plan on paying closer attention to Rey. In the fight in the throne room I felt she was at least holding her own with little to no help from Kylo.
    She was able to kill the guards she was dealing with and toss him her lightsaber after all. You might be right about splitting the lightsaber, that it deals with sheer strength in the force, her good versus his evil, or perhaps it's just a convenient way for her to need to create her own (which I think will be gold).

And I absolutely agree with you about her original fight with Kylo Ren. He was severely injured during that whole encounter (as shown earlier in the film, taking a hit from Chewy's bowcaster is no small feat) nor do I think he was actually trying to kill her. If anything, I always felt that was his chance to gauge her talents and his offer to train her was absolutely genuine.

The rocks though....that was some seriously high level Jedi shit, and I'm just not cool with her doing that like it ain't no big deal.
    spoil

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

spoiler

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

spoiler
    Very cool. Nice thought Dan. I plan to see the movie again although there are many good points raised above, the story is far from over. Sometimes answers are held back and I look forward (and hope) that they are well done and do things up nicely. I find Kylo to be a very interesting complex villain and not the average 'evil dude' bent on tearing apart the universe. I hope we do not see the last of him in the third installment.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the Loved It camp.

Andi, you bring up some good points, namely

Spoiler:
    about Luke becoming so disillusioned/paranoid with Ben that he'd resort to murder, especially after he was able to bring Anakin back from the abyss.

However, we also gotta keep in mind that storytelling in cinema has evolved by leaps and bounds since we last saw young Luke. The OT was always about broad strokes good vs evil, Rian's work is a little more nuanced which resulted in a more morally dubious film (as well as the frustration and ire of long time fans).

I can see why many have a problem with this film, but my biggest gripe with TFA was how safely they played it so to see a film like this that dared to shake the very foundations, it was a refreshing change the series needed.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely understand what you're saying, Fern, but...

That's why they gave Rian Johnson an entirely new trilogy. I feel that if they were going to bother bringing back the old guard, then it would have been best to stick with the tried and true Star Wars formula (aka Skywalker). Otherwise, there is no point in bringing them back just to toss them out the airlock at the first chance.

Again, that's just my opinion/ preference.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan, I'll take a look into Bloodlines. For being such s huge Star Wars nerd, i never got into the books. Considering they burned most of that canon to the ground, I'm glad i didn't waste my time with it. But i hear the new books are pretty good, so maybe its finally time.

I hear the Thrawn books are fantastic.

spoiler

Dan, I'll take a look into Bloodlines. For being such s huge Star Wars nerd, i never got into the books. Considering they burned most of that canon to the ground, I'm glad i didn't waste my time with it. But i hear the new books are pretty good, so maybe its finally time.

I hear the Thrawn books are fantastic.
    Some of them are pretty good, some aren't worth your time. Bloodlines is particularly good though. Lots of political intrigue and what not. It's a very good Leia story.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oldie but 'Tis the SW season

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thrawn books are considered by many to be the pinnacle of the Star Wars EU, novel form.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Thrawn books are considered by many to be the pinnacle of the Star Wars EU, novel form.
    Oh certainly. Though those aren't considered cannon anymore I was mostly referring to the "new cannon" books. I've read the Aftermath series and Bloodlines and heard hit and miss things about the others. I enjoyed the Aftermath stuff but it's good, but not great. Definitely gets better the further you get into the trilogy. Bloodlines on the other hand is pretty fantastic.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those Stormtroopers need the new Nike version Stormtrooper suits. Would have been better to dance in. :-P

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those Stormtroopers need the new Nike version Stormtrooper suits. Would have been better to dance in. :-P
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright....so just stepped out of my second viewing of Star Wars and I'll say this....I didn't enjoy it any more the second time through as a whole, but I had a few more thoughts to share:

Spoiler:
    Firstly, I went in with a more open mind about Kylo Ren (mostly due to Dan's comments earlier in the thread) and his characterization didn't bug me nearly as much this time. Dan correctly pointed out that I was expecting too much development in Kylo in too short a period and going into this a second time, I made some adjustments to my expectations and I gotta say, I loved Adam Driver as Kylo Ren in TFA and that really hasn't changed. The only time I get a little rolly eyed is at the end, when he's losing his shit over Luke appearing from no where and basically playing into his hand, allowing what is left of the rebel fleet to escape. But for the rest, I think he did a fantastic job. I still am not entirely sure what his motivation is, although I noticed this time around, when he was giving his little speech about tearing down the old ways, he did NOT mention the First Order in his rant. He mentions the Jedi, the Sith (although we've been beaten over the head that Kylo Ren is NOT a Sith....so I don't know who he's speaking about), the Rebellion, but nothing about dismantling the First Order which my brain must have just filled in on it's own, as to me, the First Order is part of the old ways and should have been included. So perhaps his true goal was killing Snoke and taking up the mantel of Supreme Leader all along? Perhaps?

I will say this....was it me or did Kylo's scar change appearance over time in the film? I don't mean between the carbon fiber insert in the wound and when he was 'stitched up' but between the fresh looking scar and towards the end of the movie when, at times, it seemed to look infected. Now, if that is the dark side corrupting him, that would be absolutely awesome and I couldn't be more on board with that. I love the idea that the dark side of the force can physically manifest itself in those who chose to wield it, much like it did in the old video games...the more dark side choices you made, the more your appearance changed...red eyes, red streaks/veins in the face, etc.

I didn't catch it through the first watch, but I find it interesting that Ben Solo, during the time when Luke confronted him, was using Anakin Skywalker's blue lightsaber and that Luke had been using the green lightsaber that he constructed after the blue one was lost when Darth Vader cut off his hand in Empire Strikes Back. So, that brings up a couple interesting things....1.) That it had been lost and found and given to Ben Solo. 2.) That it had been lost a second time when Ben Solo turned to the darkside of the force for one reason or another. 3.) That Maz had retrieved it somehow and kept it for safekeeping...possibly for Rey to find? Kylo also told Rey in TFA that the blue lightsaber is *his*...which didn't make sense at the time, but it does now that I've seen what really happened at the temple.

Now....

Given all those things, it's got me wondering:

I have always believed from the start that Kylo Ren *knows* Rey and that he was the one who actually put her on Jakku. To me, there are signs that point to this everywhere, as early back as when the officer comes to inform him that a girl helped the deserter stormtrooper escape with BB8. That whole "What girl?" always struck me as an oddly...knowing. And many things that have happened have only strengthened my belief. During the scene in the throne room...he asks for her to join him, tells her that the only place in this story is with him, that she means something to him, and then offers a small, desperate, 'please' at the end of his speech...it wreaks of some kind of past between them.

So, I have come to think that Rey was actually one of Luke's students at the Jedi temple, who Ben Solo took with him after he burned it to the ground. She would have been very very young then (I would guess 5 or 6 - The timeline in my head would suggest that Kylo is approx 10 years older than Rey), far too young, and perhaps even considered too innocent by Kylo Ren for him to present her to Snoke. But I think Ben saw something in her, or sensed it, and decided it would be best to stash her away for safe keeping until the day arose that he could come to claim her. Obviously, when Finn showed up with BB8, this would have ruined all his best laid plans for her, and he spends a majority of his time trying to convince her to join him, to allow him to train her, that she holds worth to him in some intangible way.

Obviously, this could still mean her family is nothing and no one, but I think that was a huge red herring in the film. I think that is just what Kylo wants her to believe... And Luke, who was closed off to the force for the entire time that Rey was on his island, would not have been able to sense anything familiar in her had she been one of his students. In fact, I'm willing to believe that Luke may have truly been convinced he didn't know her, especially if Kylo had taken her with him after he killed the other students. It would logically follow that she would have gone to the dark side or been killed...not show up 15 years later at his door step.

So, given all that I believe or think I know...

I *think* Rey is a clone. Someone managed to find Anakin's lightsaber after Luke's hand was cut off, so she could easily be a clone of Luke's, engineered and test tube baby'd without some of our major players being any wiser. She could also be a clone of Anakin/Darth Vader which would be even crazier but possible. After all, Kylo had Darth Vader's helmet (I've always wondered how or why), and if they can make dinosaurs out of a mosquito trapped in amber, I figure in a universe where travel faster than light speed, they can get a little DNA from the place they burned Vader's body. This would also explain, given Kylo's insane Vader worship, his desire to keep Rey at his side, rather than just kill her and be done with it. Because I think that somehow Kylo knows the truth of Rey's parentage, even if the others don't. Given the strength they both have in the force, he may be able to sense it in it, and if she's cloned from Vader, he might have even come to believe he can train her in the dark side of the force as his own apprentice (again, supposedly no Sith, but Snoke calls Kylo his apprentice so...wutevah). But I think his understanding of who and what she really is does come from a kind of connection they have as equally dark and light sides of the force. Plus, if she was cloned from Skywalker DNA, I think he'd sense her the way Luke and Leia could always sense one another, as she would be family to him.

Of course, this is all likely just wishful thinking on my part!!!!

Alright....so just stepped out of my second viewing of Star Wars and I'll say this....I didn't enjoy it any more the second time through as a whole, but I had a few more thoughts to share:

Spoiler:
    Firstly, I went in with a more open mind about Kylo Ren (mostly due to Dan's comments earlier in the thread) and his characterization didn't bug me nearly as much this time. Dan correctly pointed out that I was expecting too much development in Kylo in too short a period and going into this a second time, I made some adjustments to my expectations and I gotta say, I loved Adam Driver as Kylo Ren in TFA and that really hasn't changed. The only time I get a little rolly eyed is at the end, when he's losing his shit over Luke appearing from no where and basically playing into his hand, allowing what is left of the rebel fleet to escape. But for the rest, I think he did a fantastic job. I still am not entirely sure what his motivation is, although I noticed this time around, when he was giving his little speech about tearing down the old ways, he did NOT mention the First Order in his rant. He mentions the Jedi, the Sith (although we've been beaten over the head that Kylo Ren is NOT a Sith....so I don't know who he's speaking about), the Rebellion, but nothing about dismantling the First Order which my brain must have just filled in on it's own, as to me, the First Order is part of the old ways and should have been included. So perhaps his true goal was killing Snoke and taking up the mantel of Supreme Leader all along? Perhaps?

I will say this....was it me or did Kylo's scar change appearance over time in the film? I don't mean between the carbon fiber insert in the wound and when he was 'stitched up' but between the fresh looking scar and towards the end of the movie when, at times, it seemed to look infected. Now, if that is the dark side corrupting him, that would be absolutely awesome and I couldn't be more on board with that. I love the idea that the dark side of the force can physically manifest itself in those who chose to wield it, much like it did in the old video games...the more dark side choices you made, the more your appearance changed...red eyes, red streaks/veins in the face, etc.

I didn't catch it through the first watch, but I find it interesting that Ben Solo, during the time when Luke confronted him, was using Anakin Skywalker's blue lightsaber and that Luke had been using the green lightsaber that he constructed after the blue one was lost when Darth Vader cut off his hand in Empire Strikes Back. So, that brings up a couple interesting things....1.) That it had been lost and found and given to Ben Solo. 2.) That it had been lost a second time when Ben Solo turned to the darkside of the force for one reason or another. 3.) That Maz had retrieved it somehow and kept it for safekeeping...possibly for Rey to find? Kylo also told Rey in TFA that the blue lightsaber is *his*...which didn't make sense at the time, but it does now that I've seen what really happened at the temple.

Now....

I have always believed from the start that Kylo Ren *knows* Rey and that he was the one who actually put her on Jakku. To me, there are signs that point to this everywhere, as early back as when the officer comes to inform him that a girl helped the deserter stormtrooper escape with BB8. That whole "What girl?" always struck me as an oddly...knowing. And many things that have happened have only strengthened my belief. During the scene in the throne room...he asks for her to join him, tells her that the only place in this story is with him, that she means something to him, and then offers a small, desperate, 'please' at the end of his speech...it wreaks of some kind of past between them.

So, I have come to think that Rey was actually one of Luke's students at the Jedi temple, who Ben Solo took with him after he burned it to the ground. She would have been very very young then (I would guess 5 or 6 - The timeline in my head would suggest that Kylo is approx 10 years older than Rey), far too young, and perhaps even considered too innocent by Kylo Ren for him to present her to Snoke. But I think Ben saw something in her, or sensed it, and decided it would be best to stash her away for safe keeping until the day arose that he could come to claim her. Obviously, when Finn showed up with BB8, this would have ruined all his best laid plans for her, and he spends a majority of his time trying to convince her to join him, to allow him to train her, that she holds worth to him in some intangible way.

Obviously, this could still mean her family is nothing and no one, but I think that was a huge red herring in the film. I think that is just what Kylo wants her to believe... And Luke, who was closed off to the force for the entire time that Rey was on his island, would not have been able to sense anything familiar in her had she been one of his students. In fact, I'm willing to believe that Luke may have truly been convinced he didn't know her, especially if Kylo had taken her with him after he killed the other students. It would logically follow that she would have gone to the dark side or been killed...not show up 15 years later at his door step.

I *think* Rey is a clone. Someone managed to find Anakin's lightsaber after Luke's hand was cut off, so she could easily be a clone of Luke's, engineered and test tube baby'd without some of our major players being any wiser. She could also be a clone of Anakin/Darth Vader which would be even crazier but possible. After all, Kylo had Darth Vader's helmet (I've always wondered how or why), and if they can make dinosaurs out of a mosquito trapped in amber, I figure in a universe where travel faster than light speed, they can get a little DNA from the place they burned Vader's body. This would also explain, given Kylo's insane Vader worship, his desire to keep Rey at his side, rather than just kill her and be done with it. Because I think that somehow Kylo knows the truth of Rey's parentage, even if the others don't. Given the strength they both have in the force, he may be able to sense it in it, and if she's cloned from Vader, he might have even come to believe he can train her in the dark side of the force as his own apprentice (again, supposedly no Sith, but Snoke calls Kylo his apprentice so...wutevah). But I think his understanding of who and what she really is does come from a kind of connection they have as equally dark and light sides of the force. Plus, if she was cloned from Skywalker DNA, I think he'd sense her the way Luke and Leia could always sense one another, as she would be family to him.

spoiler

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Now....

spoiler
    Sorry for the super late reply! Yay for Christmas break!!!

Spoiler:
    Considering Anakin Skywalker was literally born to a slave and had no father, I always surprised that I keep seeing this whole lineage argument pop up again and again when it comes to debates about this film...As if this whole idea that Rey might have come from 'nobody' is unique. Because it's really not. We've heard this whole a hero/villain rises from nothing story before, right there in the Star Wars universe.

As far as Rey's possible clone-ness, you're right, it's kind of old school Star Wars and I know Rian Johnson is very intent on getting away from that. But, given there is no overseer to these films and the directors are kind of pulling from whatever inspiration they see fit at the time, at this point, it's just as likely as any origin for her, IMO. I'm also sure they haven't released any carved in stone timelines due to that very thing...and they don't want to bind directors to an idea that isn't theirs, should they not like it. Which I think is kind of a poor way of doing this kind of trilogy, in my opinion.

For what it's worth there is definitely an overseer for these movies. I believe JJ is the overall story head for the trilogy, and Kathleen Kennedy (who I think is head of Lucas Film) is heavily involved in that as well.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 130 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast