Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree, he was the only shining light in those three.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Natalie Portman looked pretty good in it, especially in Revenge of the Sith.

I also really loved that blue skinned Twi'lek named Aayla Secura.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Obi-Wan is the best character in the SW universe, just sayin'!!

And Natalie Portman? Meh.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Obi-Wan is the best character in the SW universe, just sayin'!!

And Natalie Portman? Meh.
    I agree Feve.

I do want to say this, I have changed my thinking on the entire Star Wars movies a bit. My geek squad and I agree on some things. We love the Episodes 4,5,and 6. However, which one is best, we have a hard time agreeing. The Episodes 1,2,and 3 I really liked because it was nice to see it on the big screen, and and home on tv. We think that most of the actors were good choices, some not. Particularly Natalie Portman. We think she's hot, but really didn't like her for the Amadala part. Hayden Christensen as Anakin, well we agree that he plays an excellent whiney teenager. But we think that in Episode 3 maybe it should have been a few more years and have a more adult Anakin. And of course good ol' Jar Jar Binks...I really don't want to talk about him. Other than that, the casting was pretty good. The story line however....We think that it was rushed. Lucas wanted to satisfy his fans, and like some of the discussion above, he sacrificed good story and good dialogue for cgi. Some of it for me has to do with Boba Fett, of course. I had always heard the story was that he was supposedly one of the last Mandalorian warriors. And I know they didn't really go into it with his father, but I do think it was a bummer to know that Boba is just a clone, even if he had a free will. And it dosn't really fit in with the original movies, because, you would think after witnessing his dad's head sliced off by a Jedi, that he would have killed any Jedi that crossed his path, such as Luke in Return of the Jedi at Jabba's palace.

Anyway...it was nice to see them actually make it to movie, and I think the bigger bummer is that Star Wars, I think, was suppose to be 9 stories not just 6. I think, isn't that an "epic"?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucas has said that he won't be doing the "final" three films. And on the subject of casting
    Good casting decisions:
    Liam Neeson as Qui Gon
    Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan
    Ray Park as Darth Maul
    Samuel Jackson as Mace Windu
    Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine

Bad casting decisions:
    Hayden Christensen as Anakin (he just wasn't ready for the emotional power needed)
    Jake Lloyd as Young Anakin (emotion really didn't come across to me in his portrayal)
    Christopher Lee as Dooku (not as great an actor as many people seem to think he is)

Great talent that was wasted:
    Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala

Just plain bad ideas:
    Jango Fett/Boba Fett being a clone. Lucas should have done better by the Boba Fett character.
    Jar Jar Binks. Unnecessary, totally unnecessary.
    Anakin builds C-3PO. HUH? Nice idea actually, but not executed well.
    Turning Padme from a strong female role into a weak, teary-eyed character.
    Midichlorians and making Anakin some kind of messianic character by having no father. Bad idea George.

And one final REALLY BAD example:
    Greedo shooting first. WTF!?!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

The thing that annoyed me the most about Amidala was this...
    she SHOULD HAVE BEEN a strong female character. (similar to Leia)
    She started out that way and then by episode 3, she spent her whole time whining and moaning about Anakin ... blah, blah, blah rather than kicking some ass.

whereas Leia stayed strong throughout... didn't turn into some whining little crybaby.

that is all
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My complaint with Padme is that she gives birth two twins and dies because she feels she doesn't have the will to live now that Anakin is dead. She just had TWINS!! Kids aren't a reason to have the will to live to see them.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, her death due to sadness really was a shark jumper for me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    And one final REALLY BAD example:
    Greedo shooting first. WTF!?!
    LOL YA!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    My complaint with Padme is that she gives birth two twins and dies because she feels she doesn't have the will to live now that Anakin is dead. She just had TWINS!! Kids aren't a reason to have the will to live to see them.
    I think Anakin killed her with his anger---literally shut down her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    I think Anakin killed her with his anger---literally shut down her mind.
    That would be much more tragic and dramatic, yeah, I am going with that one.

My Mood
    Amused

Lucas just had to figure out a way to kill the mother off that's all. and made a bad decision.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

But seriously, what did she die of? Nothing.

The Emperor tells Vader he killed her and I don't think it was just to piss him off more.

My Mood
    Amused

Not to piss him off, but if you think about it happening to you, it probably made Anakin's psyche go to the most bottomless pits of depression and despair. And to him, it's all the Jedi's fault because he couldn't just be with her, he had to follow the jedi code. If it wasn't for all that, they would be together and happy. And I guess in knowing that he killed her, would make any reasons to go on living worthless, so what's left? Blindly follow the man who gave you power and who doesn't have such a strict code of conduct, and kill other people who piss you off.

However, Anakin killing the younglings was kind of....off character a bit.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, I'm just saying his anguish and formidable control of the force may have killed her.

And I think when the Emperor said that was so, he wasn't playing around.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that Matt, I agree.

Country
    Country Flag

I disagree with you there Matt. I think Palpatine told Vader that just to deepen his sorrow and anger.
    Vader hates himself more than he hates anyone else. Why? Because he killed his wife. How does he know? Palpatine, who as far as Vader knows has told him nothing but the truth, told him so. I think Padme died from a broken heart, so it could be argued Vader killed her. She's awake and aware when giving birth and then she just... died. Palpatine lied to Vader to increase his hate of himself and thus increase his power. Vader lost a lot of power when he lost his limbs and had to depend on more raw emotion to draw the power he had left.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I disagree with you there Matt. I think Palpatine told Vader that just to deepen his sorrow and anger.
    Vader hates himself more than he hates anyone else. Why? Because he killed his wife. How does he know? Palpatine, who as far as Vader knows has told him nothing but the truth, told him so. I think Padme died from a broken heart, so it could be argued Vader killed her. She's awake and aware when giving birth and then she just... died. Palpatine lied to Vader to increase his hate of himself and thus increase his power. Vader lost a lot of power when he lost his limbs and had to depend on more raw emotion to draw the power he had left.
    Thats deep!........
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Also, Anakin never knew that Luke and Leia were born. So, when the Emperor says he killed Padme, he is also saying that he killed the baby as well. So it's a double blow to him.

My Mood
    Amused

I think I was trying to get to this. But ya, I agree. It was pretty much to bind Anakin to Palpatine. And I'm pretty sure that's kind of how the whole Sith thing works. I know that Darth Maul was a nobody so he was probably discovered by Palpatine, but Dooku is kind of like Anakin. Jedi by training but some how Palpatine was able to turn him. And like Sam said, there was no reason for Anakin/Vader to believe Palpatine lied to him. And to be frank, I don't think dying of a broken heart was very good. Shoulda just been pregnancy complications or something. But as far as the loss of power do to the loss of limbs...hmmm...I see it, especially how they explain where the force comes from, but I don't think that's it. I think it touches back to Empire and Return (the dialogue that is). In order for Palpatine to turn Anakin completely to the darkside, he had to HATE (and I don't mean just hate, but the raw negative emotion that hate is). But it didn't make him more powerful, it just freed him to completely cross to the darkside. I still think him killing the younglings a stretch. Shoulda been after he became Vader.

Country
    Country Flag

He killed the younglings AFTER he had become Vader. Watch it again and you will see the sequence of events.

My Mood
    Amused

ya ya...it's after he kills Windu, but I mean it should have been after he truly became Vader and I think that time was when he was told that his love was dead and it was his fault. I think that is the true turning point. or I should say the true point of no return. because it's only his son that helps him come back at the end end.

and I've watched it plenty of times

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly!

I agree with all of this, it seems plausible to me that he literally killed her though

Country
    Country Flag

I always saw his killing of the younglings as the turning point myself Mordred. I agree with you though that the discovery of Padme's death as being the cementing of him as Vader. Until then there was a small chance that he would come back to the light. She was his anchor as much as his mother had been before her. When his mother died he fell into dispair and hatred, and with Padme's death he decended into a nearly bottomless pit of hate and grief.

My Mood
    Amused

Let's try this again, I think that the killing of the younglings would have fit into the story better if it was after he put on the helmet. Then it would have shown that he was completely turned to the darkside with nothing holding him back. He already thinks he killed his love and sooo..."take no quarter". So, what I was trying to say, is, that the death of his love should have been the true turning point, while the killing of the younglings should have taken place after that fact to give the name Darth Vader more terror throughout the storyline and to flow better. Because while Padme's was still alive there was a chance to bring him back. I just think it would have looked better if they switched it. Like instead of having the movie end with him wearing the helmet, they should have had him kill the younglings at the end while he was wearing his helmet. let's see if I did a better job this time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast