Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130
Results 3,226 to 3,232 of 3232

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Soooo is no one else watching Ahsoka? Surprised there hasn't been any discussion on here...
    I'm watching the Rebels animated series first, as Ahsoka seems to be a sequel-of-sorts to it.

I know it's not mandatory to understanding Ahsoka. but from the first episode, Ahsoka felt like a continuation of something - much more so than the previous live-action Star Wars series. So I figured I needed to acquaint myself with these characters before diving in. I'm halfway through the second season of Rebels.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched a youtube recap of Rebels, and yes Ahsoka very much plays as both sequel to it + bridge to the larger Filoni SWverse. Presumably the goal is to bring the Filoni verse characters together for a film.

The only sour ingredient is knowing that all these awesome stories with Mando, Boba, Ahsoka, Thrawn will build up and ultimately end up serving as precursor to the garbage sequels.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I agree with the commentator that this is generally a very very good thing, and Filoni is the right person to do it. The Live action and animated TV series have had a strong cohesive look and feel, and that's clearly because of Filoni's influence.

But I also have the same concerns that he tends to go back to the Clone Wars/Rebels/etc characters too often. The Star Wars universe *should* be big enough that independent stories can exist without overlap - or with links as tenuous a a brief cameo or a verbal reference. For the series that he had chief writing duties (say, Ahsoka), it's understandable that he would more or less write a Rebels live-action sequel. But it does concern me that (say) mandalorian season 3 became primarily Bo-Katan's story - and yes, I realize that was penned by Jon Favreau, primarily, but Filoni's guiding hand was evident.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Now Gina Carano wants to sue Disney and Lucasfilm for discrimination and wants to be rehired. Elon Musk says he will pay for her legal battle.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...56083594997914

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130