Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Ha. I’m not sure what to think about a young Luke Skywalker being in that series.

I suppose the rationale for Kenobi being on Tatooine is that he’s looking out for Luke, so I guess it does make some kind of sense. But I think they’re going to run a high risk of contradicting episode four if they get too creative. For example, my recollection is that in the original trilogy neither the emperor nor Vader know of Luke’s existence prior to episode five. Certainly Vader doesn’t - despite somehow knowing that Luke is his son by episode five.

I can’t recall the end of episode three; does the emperor know that Luke and Leia exist? Would he have reason to send spies out to search for them? That would seem like a route the Kenobi series could take, but I think that raises problems.

Also, I think it’s difficult to have a series where Kenobi is protecting Luke, without explaining who Luke is. That kind of spoils the whole original trilogy – particularly if you are watching the shows in order. Oh, never mind, that is spoiled in episode three already. :-)

I’m not really praising or damning the series, obviously, just thinking out loud.

HBJ
    My guess is there will probably be minimal interaction between Obi Wan and Luke. So you're right in Vadar / The Emperor not knowing about Luke / Leia. Vadar figures out about Luke in the new "cannon" comics between 4 and 5. That said in addition to Vadar in cannon there are "Inquisitors" who are basically like "mini sith in training" who's sole purpose is to hunt down rouge Jedi who escaped order 66. My guess is that an inquisitor will be the main bad guy of the series. It could also be Darth Maul, though Star Wars Rebels resolved that story line, and that would've resolved much closer to Episode 4 than I think they are setting this series.
    I agree. MINIMAL interaction. But Darth Maul? He dies years before Luke was born... am I missing something? I think the story will be just this.. and you hit the nail. Obi trying to protect him from Vader and Vader's minions coming there to find him.. something along those lines. You could do a Vader scene actually... I wonder what they will do?
    Maul is actually alive basically right up until maybe a couple years before Episode 4. The cartoon show Clone Wars made it so he survived and he has a lot of back story trying to survive as a "3rd" Sith during the events between episode 2 and 3. He spends a lot of the series trying to hunt down Obi Wan. Next in the timeline he pops up in Solo towards the end of the movie. He's the big bad behind the big bad. He talks to Qi'ra via hologram. After that he pops back up in Star Wars Rebels, which takes place a couple of years before Episode 4 (I think Leia is like 15 in it). In Rebels he has a couple episodes which lead to him finding the location of Obi Wan and Maul's actual death.

Edit: Until he popped up in Solo, I was sure they were just going to ignore Maul having survived episode 1 in the movies.

Edit 2: Unless Obi Wan goes off planet I don't think we'll get a Vadar scene.
    Ok, interesting... Right I forgot about SOLO. So he did survive? Was he not cut in half? LOL AND is the cartoon really worth a watch?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Ha. I’m not sure what to think about a young Luke Skywalker being in that series.

I suppose the rationale for Kenobi being on Tatooine is that he’s looking out for Luke, so I guess it does make some kind of sense. But I think they’re going to run a high risk of contradicting episode four if they get too creative. For example, my recollection is that in the original trilogy neither the emperor nor Vader know of Luke’s existence prior to episode five. Certainly Vader doesn’t - despite somehow knowing that Luke is his son by episode five.

I can’t recall the end of episode three; does the emperor know that Luke and Leia exist? Would he have reason to send spies out to search for them? That would seem like a route the Kenobi series could take, but I think that raises problems.

Also, I think it’s difficult to have a series where Kenobi is protecting Luke, without explaining who Luke is. That kind of spoils the whole original trilogy – particularly if you are watching the shows in order. Oh, never mind, that is spoiled in episode three already. :-)

I’m not really praising or damning the series, obviously, just thinking out loud.

HBJ
    My guess is there will probably be minimal interaction between Obi Wan and Luke. So you're right in Vadar / The Emperor not knowing about Luke / Leia. Vadar figures out about Luke in the new "cannon" comics between 4 and 5. That said in addition to Vadar in cannon there are "Inquisitors" who are basically like "mini sith in training" who's sole purpose is to hunt down rouge Jedi who escaped order 66. My guess is that an inquisitor will be the main bad guy of the series. It could also be Darth Maul, though Star Wars Rebels resolved that story line, and that would've resolved much closer to Episode 4 than I think they are setting this series.
    I agree. MINIMAL interaction. But Darth Maul? He dies years before Luke was born... am I missing something? I think the story will be just this.. and you hit the nail. Obi trying to protect him from Vader and Vader's minions coming there to find him.. something along those lines. You could do a Vader scene actually... I wonder what they will do?
    Maul is actually alive basically right up until maybe a couple years before Episode 4. The cartoon show Clone Wars made it so he survived and he has a lot of back story trying to survive as a "3rd" Sith during the events between episode 2 and 3. He spends a lot of the series trying to hunt down Obi Wan. Next in the timeline he pops up in Solo towards the end of the movie. He's the big bad behind the big bad. He talks to Qi'ra via hologram. After that he pops back up in Star Wars Rebels, which takes place a couple of years before Episode 4 (I think Leia is like 15 in it). In Rebels he has a couple episodes which lead to him finding the location of Obi Wan and Maul's actual death.

Edit: Until he popped up in Solo, I was sure they were just going to ignore Maul having survived episode 1 in the movies.

Edit 2: Unless Obi Wan goes off planet I don't think we'll get a Vadar scene.
    Ok, interesting... Right I forgot about SOLO. So he did survive? Was he not cut in half? LOL AND is the cartoon really worth a watch?
    He was cut in half but he did survive. In the cartoon his lower half is all robotic.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Also, cannon wise, the movies, TV series, and animated series are stronger canon than the books comics audiobooks etc., correct? Are the inquisitors in the former or the latter?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler? But Darth Mail isn’t dead. Someone’s hasn’t been watching their animated series!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    He was cut in half but he did survive. In the cartoon his lower half is all robotic.
    He appears that way at the end of Solo, too (holographically).
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw the latest movie today and it was just meh for me. It does break my heart though to hear Chewy mourn the loss of those he really cares about. Awful, awful sound

Mae, I've started in the on the Clone Wars cartoon and it's actually not bad. I'm only 4 episodes in but I do like how Anakin doesn't seem to be such a whiny ass in this series. Also, I noticed there is a Clone Wars animated movie on Disney+. Should that be watched before the series?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Mae, I've started in the on the Clone Wars cartoon and it's actually not bad. I'm only 4 episodes in but I do like how Anakin doesn't seem to be such a whiny ass in this series. Also, I noticed there is a Clone Wars animated movie on Disney+. Should that be watched before the series?
    Oh that's exciting, I'm watching the show now too, and then I hope to seamlessly transition into the new season next month. And then onto Rebels.

Yes, the movie is part of it, but it's technically the third episode, if you follow the chronological guide I shared earlier. It's actually the official chronological guide, not a fan thing. The show was created in a certain order but aired in a completely different one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...al_order_with/

And yes, The Clone Wars series is very good and so Star Wars. In part it's some of the best SW has to offer, and features one of the best characters in the whole universe in Ahsoka Tano. It would be amazing if she were to show up in one of the live action D+ series, but having her voice in Episode 9 was already amazing!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Oh that's exciting, I'm watching the show now too, and then I hope to seamlessly transition into the new season next month. And then onto Rebels.

Yes, the movie is part of it, but it's technically the third episode, if you follow the chronological guide I shared earlier. It's actually the official chronological guide, not a fan thing. The show was created in a certain order but aired in a completely different one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...al_order_with/

And yes, The Clone Wars series is very good and so Star Wars. In part it's some of the best SW has to offer, and features one of the best characters in the whole universe in Ahsoka Tano. It would be amazing if she were to show up in one of the live action D+ series, but having her voice in Episode 9 was already amazing!
    So worth a watch then? I’m down.... where is the guide you shared Mae?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It's the Reddit link, it conveniently links each episode (and movie) to Disney+ too. I highly suggest following it. I know it's not super convenient, it would be easier just to let it play the next episode, and a lot of the time episodes flow in airdate order anyway, but the whole story gets much clearer with this official order.

Country
    Country Flag

It's the Reddit link, it conveniently links each episode (and movie) to Disney+ too. I highly suggest following it. I know it's not super convenient, it would be easier just to let it play the next episode, and a lot of the time episodes flow in airdate order anyway, but the whole story gets much clearer with this official order.
    I’m confused..... so they aired the shows out of sync?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Animated shows are often created in one order but aired in a totally different one. I don't know why. I guess they think kids don't care about continuity.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That’s typical of a lot of networks sadly

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta start over now as I was doing that all wrong I didn't read your post clearly and was watching them in order of release date. I'll correct that. Is the animated Clone Wars the only one we need to watch in that Reddit order?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

No harm in trying it, Kris if you have the time. I think each episode is only like 20 minutes if that. If you don't like it, no harm, no foul.

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta start over now as I was doing that all wrong I didn't read your post clearly and was watching them in order of release date. I'll correct that. Is the animated Clone Wars the only one we need to watch in that Reddit order?
    Yup, I think that's all. Rebels is the sequel show to The Clone Wars, but it's all good to watch as is in air date order. It's got four seasons. Rumor has it Disney is planning on a new animated series for later this year, which would be a Rebels (and thus Clone Wars) sequel.

The other animated series (Forces of Destiny and Resistance) are less essential, but if you're big enough of a SW fan to watch Clone Wars in chronological order, I have a feeling you may enjoy them as well, and they are also very much canon too, of course. And they're both two seasons each, very quick watches (Resistance second and final season is airing now and will be on Disney+ later).

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I think that's all. Rebels is the sequel show to The Clone Wars, but it's all good to watch as is in air date order. It's got four seasons. Rumor has it Disney is planning on a new animated series for later this year, which would be a Rebels (and thus Clone Wars) sequel.

The other animated series (Forces of Destiny and Resistance) are less essential, but if you're big enough of a SW fan to watch Clone Wars in chronological order, I have a feeling you may enjoy them as well, and they are also very much canon too, of course. And they're both two seasons each, very quick watches (Resistance second and final season is airing now and will be on Disney+ later).
    Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

Country
    Country Flag

You're very welcome! Oh and Forces of Destiny is a micro-show, so each episode is around 2 minutes, so the whole thing can be watched in one sitting. It's definitely for kids, but cute and still fleshes out some major characters more. There's even a chronological order too, since the episodes are from all over the Skywalker timeline, but I don't know how official it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_W...ological_order

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't remember if I linked this one a couple weeks ago.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Also, cannon wise, the movies, TV series, and animated series are stronger canon than the books comics audiobooks etc., correct? Are the inquisitors in the former or the latter?
    Yea that's about right. Movie being the strongest form of cannon followed by TV / animated stuff, then books / comics, and lastly video games. The inquisitors are currently in everything except the movies.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

To add to the animated show discussion. I'd consider Clone Wars and Rebels to be very good. I'm not really sure how the new show is, the animation style didn't really sit with me so I never tried it out.

Country
    Country Flag

To add to the animated show discussion. I'd consider Clone Wars and Rebels to be very good. I'm not really sure how the new show is, the animation style didn't really sit with me so I never tried it out.

Watching the list Mae shared in order and just about to start the movie but my question is... you just do clone wars in that order than Resistance but in normal order?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Watching the list Mae shared in order and just about to start the movie but my question is... you just do clone wars in that order than Resistance but in normal order?
    You mean Rebels right? As far as I'm aware Rebels was released in the correct order. I don't think Rebels would've worked out of order, with the nature of the plot of that show.

Country
    Country Flag

You mean Rebels right? As far as I'm aware Rebels was released in the correct order. I don't think Rebels would've worked out of order, with the nature of the plot of that show.
    Ok I may watch it. I am not a cartoon guy but this isn’t too bad..... it sounds like Ewan is Obi but I cannot find on line that it him. Either way, he was the best part for me of the prequels. Other than Darth Maul!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I posted this complete show watchlist earlier:

There are four main shows (Clone Wars, Rebels, Forces of Destiny, and Resistance). All have finished, except The Clone Wars.
    1. Start with Clone Wars, and use this handy chronological guide with D+ links: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...al_order_with/ Don't foget that the final seventh season of the show will begin on D+ in February, so it should be all over if you begin watching the series now.
    2. Then move onto Rebels, making sure to precede it with Rebels Shorts, which is a separate section on D+, it introduces the series.
    3. After that dive into Forces of Destiny, which fleshes out different moments in time throughout the Skywalker saga (prequels, originals, and sequels).
    4. Finish it off with Resistance, however the Resistance Shorts which introduce the series are not on D+ for some reason, but can be viewed on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SLISC0EsYSuit1

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I posted this complete show watchlist earlier:

There are four main shows (Clone Wars, Rebels, Forces of Destiny, and Resistance). All have finished, except The Clone Wars.
    1. Start with Clone Wars, and use this handy chronological guide with D+ links: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...al_order_with/ Don't foget that the final seventh season of the show will begin on D+ in February, so it should be all over if you begin watching the series now.
    2. Then move onto Rebels, making sure to precede it with Rebels Shorts, which is a separate section on D+, it introduces the series.
    3. After that dive into Forces of Destiny, which fleshes out different moments in time throughout the Skywalker saga (prequels, originals, and sequels).
    4. Finish it off with Resistance, however the Resistance Shorts which introduce the series are not on D+ for some reason, but can be viewed on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SLISC0EsYSuit1
    Thanks!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast