Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 130 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3233

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I think Mae’s order is spot on. For a first time viewer of Star Wars, I think starting with the original trilogy first is essential. I would not screen Rogue One before Ep 4 -it spoils it too much, and the Ep 4-6 references it contains make no sense to a first time viewer.

Similarly the end of Solo has references to Ep 1-3 which don’t make sense bless you see them first.

Also, dividing the three trilogies by showing the standalone movies in between is a neat idea.
    That's exactly my thinking. Already watched Episode 4 last night, so anyone feel free to join in!
    I watch the entire series with my offspring every winter break. Original versions too. Han shot first forevah!

EP 1 would be a tough pill to swallow as first exposure to SW. It looks terribly dated already even though it's a fairly new movie.
    Harmy's Despecialized? Another fan edit? Or the original versions from the special DVD release?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t mind the Special Editions and the new 4K versions look beautiful on Disney+.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about the special editions, which is why I own both them and some fan edits which undo the changes to restore the original theatrical versions in 720p. A number of fan projects are also working on 1080p and 4K versions.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I have mixed feelings about the special editions, which is why I own both them and some fan edits which undo the changes to restore the original theatrical versions in 720p. A number of fan projects are also working on 1080p and 4K versions.
    Don't like the changes at all. Which is why I have the original versions in 720p. If they somehow did a 1080p or 4k version it would be awesome. But I don't see how they could bring the audio up to Atmos or DTS:X. They might, and I just don't know how. But I enjoy the versions I have.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Don't like the changes at all. Which is why I have the original versions in 720p. If they somehow did a 1080p or 4k version it would be awesome. But I don't see how they could bring the audio up to Atmos or DTS:X. They might, and I just don't know how. But I enjoy the versions I have.
    There are 4k of the eps 4 and 6 right now. 5 is being worked or may be complete, I haven't looked in a while. Some one got ahold of film reels and has been doing a restore of the original cuts. https://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/project-4k77/

Mike, fans have possession of some original prints from when they were shown in 77-83, and can do high-quality scans from them. It's still a LOT of work to clean up the scans (the prints are often scratched or dirty) and color correct (often it's the European prints that have preserved their color better due to the chemical process they used). But there are various projects at various stages of completion.

Now that 4k versions are available from Disney+, a lot of projects will switch to using those sources for scenes that haven't changed, and then print scans for the original scenes or just to edit out changes with scans of original content.

It's possible Disney eventually release high definition scans of the original films, but my understanding is that the original negatives are gone. They would need to do essentially what these fan projects are doing.

Joe315, thanks for the pointer to the 4K77 project. I was not aware of that one, being mainly focused on Harmy's work.

ETA: Oh, it's by Team Negative 1. I was aware of their silver screen edition (which didn't interest me) but didn't realized they had completed that and moved to 4K releases from a different source. That's neat.

I must admit, I'm more interested in the projects that start with high-definition SE sources, and use original prints for color references and sources of despecialized content. Personally I'm not after the feel of seeing the movie in a '77 theater.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

And I've seen a lot of these types of videos before, but these seem to be the most thorough:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I definitely think the watch order really depends on who you're watching them with. If all parties involved have seen them all before, then I think chronological seems best. If the people watching are new to Star Wars Mae's way is probably best.
    Screw that!!! If it was good enough for us, it's good enough for those who aren't familiar. lol lol

And really, who the hell is "new" to Star Wars"? New borns? lol j/k

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I would certainly love higher res versions of the unaltered movies. Peter, keep me posted if you can via PM if you hear of anything regarding this. Possibly even 1080p versions but 4k would be awesome.
    Thanks.

Ugh, I couldn't listen to this for more than 30 seconds. I honestly couldn't follow this guy's monotonic rapid-fire mumbling. I get that rapid-fire speech is de rigeur when it comes to this kind of content, ever since Zero Punctuation became popular, but at least Yahtzee puts some expression into his voice in his game reviews. This was unintelligible - and I usually have no problem with this sort of thing.

Come at me with the "Ok Boomer" comments.

ETA: Okay when you get past the mumble-intro, the actual changes are pretty interesting. Thanks for uploading, Mae.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I would certainly love higher res versions of the unaltered movies. Peter, keep me posted if you can via PM if you hear of anything regarding this. Possibly even 1080p versions but 4k would be awesome.
    Thanks.
    I have original versions of 4 and 6 in 1080 and I believe 4k (have to check) from these guys: https://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/project-4k77/

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching Rogue One. The ending made my cry once again. This might be my #1 SW film.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching Rogue One. The ending made my cry once again. This might be my #1 SW film.
    I really enjoy that film.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    1000000000% no my #1. Not even top three.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    You may see your way out, Sir.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    You may see your way out, Sir.
    For me nothing will beat the first three released. Episode 4,5,6. It would be impossible. My top 5 would be:
    Empire
    Star Wars
    Return of the Jedi
    Force Awakens
    And here is where I struggle... its Rogue One OR Revenge of the Sith. Can change on any given day. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Ugh. On a social media group I’m a member of, someone just posted spoilers for Ep 9, saying “I just saved you from having to buy a ticket”. I read the first couple of things in the list before realizing what it was. I don’t know whether they are true or not, but it hardly matters.

What the hell is wrong with people?

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. On a social media group I’m a member of, someone just posted spoilers for Ep 9, saying “I just saved you from having to buy a ticket”. I read the first couple of things in the list before realizing what it was. I don’t know whether they are true or not, but it hardly matters.

HBJ
    That guys deserves a slap. A hard one.. maybe closed fist. No one has seen it... the movie premiere isnt until the 16th...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Thanks, Kris. I realize it is probably fake, but still, it’s always in the back of my mind now.

Regardless of the truth of it, you have to wonder at the meanness of the act. Some people are just assholes.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Kris. I realize it is probably fake, but still, it’s always in the back of my mind now.

Regardless of the truth of it, you have to wonder at the meanness of the act. Some people are just assholes.

HBJ
    Like I do NOT want to know what it is... same is I read a line yesterday about who the guy in the cape was at the end of Manalorian ep 5... IF I HAD NOT read that... and it turns out to be true? I would have shit my pants. lol I feel for ya and hope it is not true man...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oh, don’t worry, I won’t post what I read.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    My cousin did that for Ep VII - the Han twist - and literally sent him a text that said "fuck you asshole" and blocked him from social media for like half a year.

I don't know if it's the reawakened kid in me or what, but I find myself looking forward to the next ep of The Mandalorian way before it's due to come out. It's been a while since I've anticipated new eps of a TV series this much.

(Although to be fair, I've tended to watch the better TV series after they've finished. But still)

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 130 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast