Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 130 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, moving on from that discussion (I just thought it was an awesome image, and btw, the Doctor can scare an alien race off by telling them how fucked they are with 4 words ("Hello, I'm the Doctor") while wearing the bow tie, he can wear whatever the hell he likes), still doesn't change the fact that Hayden Christensen looked like a stalker at the end of ROTJ - dvd edition.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

To be fair...I think the pic kicks ass

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey! You know who was badass in ROTJ? Wedge Antilles. The only man to survive 2 Death Star runs. Leader of Rogue Squadron. A man who had about a dozen lines in the whole series and is still more popular than Han Solo. Yeah I went there
    If you love me then love me..

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a bold claim sir! He does have his own string of novels (I've even read one or two of them) so I know he is pretty damn popular.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The X-Wing series of novels are my favorite novels in all of Star Wars. I would suggest them to any Star Wars fan. They have a great overarching storyline that goes from book to book. You really get involved with the characters

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    but Anakin "returned" at the end, when he saved his son.
    Then why wasn't he bald and looking paler than an emo Scotsman who had recently lost a couple of pints of blood when he came back as a ghost?

To be honest, the problem for me isn't that Anakin comes back as the man he once was, the idea of that I actually like a lot, if I'm honest. No, what makes the change so bad is just how fucking creepy Hayden looked as Anakin. And it still annoys me how much of an unlikeable shit he was in the prequels. So as much as the idea of Anakin coming back as a young ghost makes sense, the Sebastian Shaw ghost ending was better because it was better executed. Also, you know, you have Anakin played by an actor.
    This! The expression on his face is probably more disturbing than any plot points. He looks like a pedophile.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I never noticed this pedo look. To me he looked kind of embarrassed as if to say, yeah, Obiwan was right, I was wrong...I was a douche...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I see this:

and automatically think of this:

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    The X-Wing series of novels are my favorite novels in all of Star Wars. I would suggest them to any Star Wars fan. They have a great overarching storyline that goes from book to book. You really get involved with the characters
    I'd like to say 'I'll get around to reading them sometime', but who am I kidding ? That's a damn bold faced lie

Are you planning on reading the prequel-ish novel, Darth Plaguies ?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see this:

and automatically think of this:
    He also has the same creepy expression Dexter gets sometimes.

Country
    Country Flag

No Feev I don't honestly think I am. At least not right now. It doesn't sound interesting to me at all

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Whaaaaaa ?! Palpatine's master , his rise to power ... that doesn't sound interesting to you !? As soon as I read what it was about I knew I had to read it.

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't sound interesting to me right now. Maybe later on it will seem interesting but right now eh. I am more intrigued by the Revan novel. And Fate of the Jedi

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I do have to agree in that I love the beginning on Tatooine. It's suspenseful, exciting, and Leia gets to kill one of the most powerful beings in the series instead of just waiting around for someone to help her (I feel this is wonderfully feminist even with the hooker outfit involved). I even feel Luke slightly overcomes his dorkiness and is almost cool in that fight. However I'm going to disagree because I found Yoda disappointing in his total lack of doing anything relevant besides dying (in the previous movie he says everyone's doomed if Luke goes to save Han and Leia, and then surprise! everything works out. Way to go, wise Jedi master) and seriously, the Ewoks are everywhere, not just the one scene he mentioned. (Incidentally, this is why I loved this movie as a kid. It's full of stuffed animals!) Also, I really, really want to know what Han was thinking after Leia told him Luke was her brother, because he saw them kiss at least once and I wouldn't just say "oh, okay then" if that had happened. Not that that's really a gripe with the movie, just an observation in general.

Honestly, I can't pick which movie I like best, I sort of just go by my favorite scenes.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Opps, wrong thread. Star Wars died and 3rd movie to me.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    ... and seriously, the Ewoks are everywhere, not just the one scene he mentioned. (Incidentally, this is why I loved this movie as a kid. It's full of stuffed animals!) ...
    I think we go through a time in life, most of us, where we reject kid stuff, and we don't get to the third perspective, most of us, until we have kids ourselves. And then we care again about what's in things for kids, with different eyes. So thanks to the prequels for showing that there's lamer ways than Ewoks. A grownup has to have a real thick skin to get into the badass battle of Geonosis without seeing nothing but C-3P0's head!
    And please don't even get me started on Phantom Menace!

On the plus side, though, since you bring up feminism, there were mixed opinions for years about Star Wars. The princess was shown like a real commander in Empire, but some critics still weren't satisfied. In the prequels, anyway, I think that sexism finally really is become a non-issue.

Also, once again, I like the fact that Yoda turns out to be wrong. I think it's a good point and one that a lot of people misunderstand, especially people who dismiss the movies' message out of hand. None of their star wars would have occurred if the Jedi way was perfect.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think a major problem with the OT is that there are only about a dozen people who aren't white men, and of those, only Leia and Lando have decent parts. (Unless you count James Earl Jones' voice?)

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

And still in Phantom Menace; lol, Ian McDiarmid, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson... that galaxy continues to look a lot like the UK.

Country
    Country Flag

True, although there's Mace Windu, and Padme pre-baby idiocy, and... yeah, after that, I'm drawing a blank.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think this might be for 2 reasons: one, you think "knight", you think "British", or at least, "British accent" (ie Queen's English accent) to really make something like that work, and two, you think "evil, manipulative grand bastard", and you still think "British".

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this might be for 2 reasons: one, you think "knight", you think "British", or at least, "British accent" (ie Queen's English accent) to really make something like that work, and two, you think "evil, manipulative grand bastard", and you still think "British".
    this made my knight errr night...lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Er, sorry... nope; I think Japanese.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, you also think "Italian" when you think "ancient Rome", and HBO still cast a load Brits in that!

- Melike

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've had this discussion with my friends about which order the movies should be viewed. This is definitely interesting.

Click here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 130 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast