Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower music and such ::SPOILERS::

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfWesternesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

OMG I have never seen this pic before. Where is it from? It's so beautiful.
    Agreed Letti - it's amazing - maybe the most authentic effort I've seen at depicting Roland (from ANY source).

Where's it from manni??
    Let's hope it wasn't his last post.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Russ is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Every time I read Wolves of the Calla, I can't help but think of Iron Maiden's Dance of Death for the reason as I bought both on the same day. So when I was reading WOTC, the CD just kept playing and playing.

Another thing I was thinking, for the film (which they will make now) should they use some of the Demons and Wizards songs? I know a score, and some of the songs crucial to the book (Hey Jude, Velcro Fly, etc) should be used for sure.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Another thing I was thinking, for the film (which they will make now) should they use some of the Demons and Wizards songs?
    dear god, let's hope not.

Traveler manni is on a distinguished road

Agreed Letti - it's amazing - maybe the most authentic effort I've seen at depicting Roland (from ANY source).

Where's it from manni??

It is the most accurate depiction in my mind. This photo is a great interpretation, mostly for his no color shirt and pants (which I think all of the book art misses).

As for where I got it... random internet search.. I've been trying to track down the artist and find out if they have more. I believe it was painted digitally using drawing software, but I don't know for sure.

If someone finds out who painted it please let me know.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

...Wow.

That picture is stunning.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by manni View Post

Where's it from manni??

It is the most accurate depiction in my mind. This photo is a great interpretation, mostly for his no color shirt and pants (which I think all of the book art misses).

As for where I got it... random internet search.. I've been trying to track down the artist and find out if they have more. I believe it was painted digitally using drawing software, but I don't know for sure.

If someone finds out who painted it please let me know.
    I see.
    Thank you for the information.

Along the Path of the Beam Aki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower Score

Since June I have been working on a score based on the novels... I recently finished the first of seven parts, The Gunslinger, and I released it digitally just now: http://www.last.fm/music/Hopes+Were+...The+Gunslinger

I tried my best putting in the feeling of calm epic that surrounds the first novel, along with some good melodies that follow through the 50 minutes of material. What do you think?
    ---
    Ragnarök slukar mig, allt mörknar, och jag ser mig själv stå mitt i Ginnungagap.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    Since June I have been working on a score based on the novels... I recently finished the first of seven parts, The Gunslinger, and I released it digitally just now: http://www.last.fm/music/Hopes+Were+...The+Gunslinger

I tried my best putting in the feeling of calm epic that surrounds the first novel, along with some good melodies that follow through the 50 minutes of material. What do you think?
    Nice work. For me they are a bit.. too peaceful. I mean I love peaceful music but the Gunslinger doesn't give me this feeling.
    How many hours did you spend working on them?

I am sorry but in some days this thread will be merged with the Dark Tower music and such thread.

Along the Path of the Beam Aki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Nice work. For me they are a bit.. too peaceful. I mean I love peaceful music but the Gunslinger doesn't give me this feeling.
    I know what you mean. Honestly I had to restrain myself from putting in more action from time to time... but I still feel the first book is quite slow and calm until the end, with Jake's death and so on.

I don't know how many hours I put in... a lot? Five days a week, two-five hours a time, since June. And perhaps three more hours of cut material.
    ---
    Ragnarök slukar mig, allt mörknar, och jag ser mig själv stå mitt i Ginnungagap.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    I know what you mean. Honestly I had to restrain myself from putting in more action from time to time... but I still feel the first book is quite slow and calm until the end, with Jake's death and so on.
    I know most of the people find it slow but for me it's one of the most exciting, deepest and fastest books in the world.

Traveler Mr. Spivey is on a distinguished road

Default My DT Music

So I am in a band called The Color of May and we just released a song entitled "King" which is based on "The Dark Tower" series. We were approached by a man who had a studio and he asked if we wanted to record a free song ,we said yes and felt it would be a great time to get this song done. You can download it for free. For what is right thank Mr. King for what is wrong blame me. The Dark Tower is the best novel series ive ever read. I love it and I hope you enjoy my tribute. Thanks!

Check it out at: www.myspace.com/thecolorofmay

Again its called "King". Let us know what you think!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm going to move this thread on over to the fan art forum, where it makes more sense for it to be. Thanks for posting, Mr. Spivey.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice move, Hannah!

Mr. Spivey, I LOVE it! Nicely done!

Welcome to the site - please post a bit about yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread so we can get to know you!

Love what you have on Myspace so far - do you have an album out yet? Because I will totally buy it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Traveler SweetLeaf is on a distinguished road

Sick man! Starting to listen to them now.

I've had this idea before, good to see I'm not the only one haha.

Traveler koz is on a distinguished road

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIXhiTH_9FM"]Savage Circus - Of Doom & Death[/ame]

The album was released some days ago. It grew on me.

Traveler Antares is on a distinguished road Antares's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are a few songs from Metallica... for example "The Unforgiven" always reminds me of Roland, also "Turn the Page" is a nice song which fits perfectly with the Dark Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    ...also "Turn the Page" is a nice song which fits perfectly with the Dark Tower.
    it does?

a song about the alleged turmoil of being a rock star fits with the Dark Tower?

very interesting

this is precisely why i think that if there has to be a dark tower movie, the music needs to be an instrumental score by someone, and by someone, i mean john zorn.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Jayson! They hired Poison to do the soundtrack. As Roland (Keanu Reeves and his single facial expression) climbs the tower "Nothin' but a Good Time" will be playing.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Sorry, Jayson! They hired Poison to do the soundtrack. As Roland (Keanu Reeves and his single facial expression) climbs the tower "Nothin' but a Good Time" will be playing.
    brice, +1 for making a poison to score the DT movie joke without mentioning "every rose has its thorn"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

John F. Kennedy Sylar is on a distinguished road Sylar's Avatar

I live in a quiet Victorian Seaside town in Somerset, England.
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Fall of Gilead - Setting the scene

I've played guitar in bands for almost 9 years now and have become a teacher, coaching young and old hopefuls alike how to play guitar and bass. But the one thing i have always wanted to do is write orchestral/soundtrack stuff for films, TV or video games. So i have been playing around a little with playing some piano and layering some more classical instruments together.

The video i have linked here is of a song i have recently put together called 'The Fall of Gilead' which is my first ever fan made composition. It is supposed to set the scene of the aftermath of Farson's destruction of Roland's childhood home. It is written in a way where it sounds melancholic but also defiant and regal. I am posting this up here to see what other DT nuts think of it and do they feel the approriate vibe that's supposed to be coming across.

Your comments will mean a lot to me in these early stages of experimentation. If all goes well i would like to compose a soundtrack album based on the Dark Tower series. Exploring key scenes and the emotions played out through the music.

SO yeah, let me know what you think! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-nQd7sHqc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-nQd7sHqc[/ame]

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

My friend this is gorgeous! If I had only had this music the past 72 hours while painting DT stuff it would have put me in the perfect mood!

As a huge fan of movie scores (I own upwards of 400 of them. Small change to some) I see wonderful similarities to scores by James Newton Howard and Clint Mansell in your piece here.

If you put a ninety-nine cent price tag on this track on iTunes I'd download it immediately.

Post more when you finish them! I'm going to keep my eye on this thread!

dave
    Last edited by boehmke; 11-01-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: I can't type.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, i had a big Cheshire cat grin across whilst reading your reply! Thank you very much, a very generous message. It's looking at things like this that push me to do more. James Newton Howard and Clint Mansell are both big influences on me so it is the highest compliment to say there is even a similarity . I can send you the MP3 of this song if you like? I will be posting more music soon i promise!

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was phenomenal! I love it, very melancholic! What program did you use to create the music?
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you darkwolf! Very kind of you to say so. I use Logic 9 pro through an iMac. The program i used on this track Garritan personal orchestra through a standard midi keyboard.
    I am looking into scoring material for a proper string quartet to give me a more organic sound, but the beauty of this program is that i get to do a mock up and understand how the parts would work before doing the final score. Extremely cool program.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast