Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower music and such ::SPOILERS::

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Really comforting.
    Thank you for sharing.

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy Sylar is on a distinguished road Sylar's Avatar

I live in a quiet Victorian Seaside town in Somerset, England.
    Country
    Country Flag

Really like this track. Awesome full wall of sound and some ace vocal melodies. Keep up the good work, it's full of promise.

Gunslinger Apprentice lisaki is on a distinguished road lisaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When Jake died I felt extremely sad for Oy. I kept thinking about "bittersweet" by Within Temptation, as I imagined that sometime he 'd finally be with poor Oy again. The song came immediately in my mind because they used it for the clip of the original Hathico film (I adore dogs and Oy is more like a dog for me)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3s11acb7Z8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Hachiko monogatari - Bittersweet (Akita dog)[/ame]

Although I have my objections to this part of the story, when Suzannah met with alternative Eddie in New York of 1987 I couldn't get a lyric out of my mind: "what seems like an interlude now, could be the beginning of love" and "time is like a dream..."
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjUKAETwDKg"]YouTube- Morrissey and Siouxie "interlude" video[/ame]

John F. Kennedy Leequilibrium is on a distinguished road Leequilibrium's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default My DT Music

Hey, there!

I'd noticed some people had posted links to some of their Dark Tower-inspired music, so I thought I'd do the same!

I've written two instrumental piano & violin pieces, both inspired by King's magnum opus in their own way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8rwYmnfovs"]Wordlines[/ame] (Inspired by the guardians and the beams)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6bYtdi9xBA"]Empathica[/ame] (Inspired by the White Lands of Empathica)

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed this piece and The Fall of Gilead immensely! Really well done. Very inspiring work.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, should probably point out an error in that because they don't contain any elements of song, I shouldn't have really refered to them as such in the title... So, they're actually just "Musical Compositions".

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

I've always thought that You Are by Pearl Jam fit very well. I guess there was no official video so here's some weird, I want my MTV, type shit. lol
    I tried to embed and it didn't work out. Here's the link.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzv7OtPL8S4"]YouTube- Pearl Jam - You Are[/ame]

This broken wheel is coming undone
    And the roads exploding
    But you're keeping me strong
    Rolling along with you,...

Love is a tower
    And you're the key
    Leading me higher
    When you let me in

Keeping us close,... so close
    On down the line

Sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
    With no one knowing
    But you're keeping me strong
    Rolling along with you

You are a tower of
    Strength to me
    The darkening hour
    Sees light again

Ooh wah, ooh wah, you are...

Love is a tower
    Of strength to me
    I am the shoreline
    But you're the sea

You are.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brighter Than a Thousand SUns- Iron Maiden always reminds me of the series.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

Has anyone mentioned Curtis Mayfield's Pusherman?

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Curtis Mayfield's Pusherman?
    No, I don't think so...

Traveler DT Music Project is on a distinguished road

Default Dark Tower Music

Long days and pleasant nights.
    If this forum is strictly for drawings, paintings and such then I apologise.
    For the past four years I have been working on a project to interpret the Dark Tower series into music. My style is instrumental guitar-based progressive rock (what a mouthful lol).
    I'm always looking to show Dark Tower fans my work. Any and all (constructive) criticism is welcome.
    If you would like to hear my work here are some links.
    Myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=210512264

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BggProductions

Specifically:
    Blaine: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Fy8hLdNyw"]YouTube- The Dark Tower - Blaine[/ame]

Lud - The God Drums: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmePghg9nCY"]YouTube- The Dark Tower - Lud: The God Drums[/ame]

The Wolves of the Calla: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs4iZCyjPec"]YouTube- The Dark Tower - The Wolves of The Calla - Part 1 to 4[/ame]

The Gunslinger: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku295qtL8tM"]YouTube- The Dark Tower - The Gunslinger (excerpt)[/ame]

The Man In Black: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFe0cclhG6E"]YouTube- The Dark Tower - The Man In Black[/ame]

I'm looking forward to hearing what DT fans have to say about my work.

Thank you,
    Long days and pleasant nights,

P.

Along the Path of the Beam Canada is on a distinguished road Canada's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These are all great! But I think The Gunslinger is probably the best one of them all. Good variety of instruments, and it's very western-ish. Which is good. The only real criticism I have is that on Lud: The God Drums, I was kindof expecting a little bit more imposing beat, something with a lot more force, since this was supposed to echo across the land, and maybe even a little distortion since these speakers have been blasting night after night for King knows how long so I'm sure they're a little worn out.

But yeah, these are good! It's always cool to hear DT music. (Also, I did like your take on the Man In Black's theme, it was very different from what most people would've tried, but I liked it.)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. I can't see these at work. I'll have to check them out later.

And, we probably will move this to a more appropriate part of the board.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Traveler DT Music Project is on a distinguished road

Some great DT-inspired music here. I too am working on a project to interpret the Dark Tower into music. I'd be delighted if the artists had posted here would listen to my tracks that I've posted and give their opinions.
    Thankee sais.

Traveler Retrospectiv is on a distinguished road Retrospectiv's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thought I'd throw in my two cents worth while I'm sitting here at work ;-)

Blaze of Glory was just on the radio again, and it once more struck me as a song that always reminds me of the Dark Tower & Roland every time I hear it. I guess the comparison is simple enough with the western theme. The similar Dead or Alive from the same movie/soundtrack is also a favorite.

I listened to Chris Cornell's solo album Euphotia Morning a lot way back when on one of my 1st readings of W&G so many of the songs on that album remind me of parts of the book and that time. I'll be happy to post some music when I'm home and not restricted by the work comp, lol (hey, I'm on a 14 1/2 hour shift, gotta do something with my time!)
    Time is a face on the water

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always heard Bullets by Creed reading Wolves of Calla but i think it is appropriate for the series

Walking around I hear the sounds of the earth seeking relief
    I'm trying to find a reason to live
    But the mindless clutter my path
    Oh these thorns in my side
    Oh these thorns in my side
    I know I have something free
    I have something so alive
    I think they shoot cause they want it

I feel forces all around me
    Come on raise your head
    Those who hide behind the shadows
    Live with all that's dead

Look at me... look at me
    At least look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head
    Through my head
    Through my head
    Through my head

In my lifetime when I'm disgraced
    By jealousy and lies
    I laugh aloud 'cause my life
    Has gotten inside someone else's mind

Look at me... look at me
    At least look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head
    Through my head
    Through my head
    Through my head

Hey all I want is what's real
    Something I touch and can feel
    I'll hold it close and never let it go
    Said why... why do we live this life
    With all this hate inside
    I'll give it away 'cause I don't want it no more
    Please help me find a place
    Somewhere far away
    Yes, I'll go and you'll never see me again
    If you love me then love me..

Traveler j.r.flynn is on a distinguished road j.r.flynn's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower Musical Score

Hi,

I have been reading some of the posts on this site about my music and thought it fair to weigh in.

I'm glad some people are still talking about it. It's been on iTunes and Amazon for a while. I'd thought everyone forgot, especially since Twilight-Land.com went bye bye a couple of years ago and I started distributing my music via Rhapsody and other music sites.

I get the royalties but I don't hear too much talk. Anyway, I appreciate it, the chatter and whatnot. The second CD is still half finished, has been for at least four years, before I went off and traveled the world via the Navy.

If you wish, I can post some of the unreleased Drawing of the Three clips on YouTube for you...

J.R. Flynn
    johnny.flynn@us.army.mil

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssr58laKsLA&feature=related"]YouTube- "Overture" - Music from 'The Gunslinger'[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YorEzsZkH8&feature=related"]YouTube- "The Aftermath / Leaving Tull" - Music from 'The Gunslinger'[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV6CdNd3iAk&feature=related"]YouTube- "A Stranger In Tull" - Music from 'The Gunslinger'[/ame]

Along the Path of the Beam GirlGoneNineteen is on a distinguished road GirlGoneNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The song that always makes me thing of DT is The Humbling River by Puscifer:

Nature, nurture, heaven and home
    Sum of all and by them driven
    To conquer every mountain shown
    But I've never crossed the river

Braved the forest braved the stone
    Braved the icy winds and fire
    Braved and beat them on my own
    Yet I'm helpless by the river

Angel, angel what have I done?
    I've faced the quakes the wind, the fire
    I've conquered country, crown, and throne
    Why can't I cross this river?

Pay no mind to the battles you've won
    It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
    Open your heart and hands my son
    Or you'll never make it over the river

It'll take a lot more that words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxdXj7PxRU
    So much you did and so much more you would have done, aye, and all without a check or qualm, and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just going to postwhore here and say that J.R. Flynn is now a member here, and if you have not heard his DT inspired scores, you NEED to (Letti, I'm talking to you!).

Check it out here: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Tower-Gunslinger/dp/B001C80JEG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1271228992&sr=8-1-fkmr0"]http://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Tower-Gunslinger/dp/B001C80JEG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1271228992&sr=8-1-fkmr0[/ame]

The Piano Medley is especially cool!

Seriously, Fanfare (Roland's Theme) is spot on, IMHO. I've had a sneak preview of his latest, and all I can say is I hope he finds the time to put it out. I LOVE his stuff. Check it out!

ETA: Just saw his post above - you all need to listen to his stuff! Seriously! (Yeah, I'm a huge fan, sue me. )

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Postwhore.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

But, did you give him a listen? I only postwhore for a good cause.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

But, did you give him a listen? I only postwhore for a good cause.
    Yes, I'm listening to them in between chapters of the book I'm currently reading. Good stuff!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm quite biased as I am a HUGE fan of his work. He was kind enough to give me snippets of his interpretation of The Drawing of the Three and frankly, I'm on the edge of my seat with pompons raised, waiting for the finished product. x = 1000

I truly think he "gets it".

And, I just postwhored my love for him all over Amazon.

Seriously, the Piano Medley sealed the deal for me. It's everything rolled into one. WIN!

I cannot say enough good things about him. I love his music! *happydance*

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

So, Dags, why don't you tell us what you really think about it, yeah?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

JR Flynn fans, anyone??? Help a girl out, here!

*seriously wants DT2 music to the point where yes, she did email JR Flynn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast