Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower music and such ::SPOILERS::

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

:radioactive: Dark Tower music and such ::SPOILERS::

There is certain music I was hooked on while reading DT7. To this day, when I listen to it, I can still remember exactly how I felt when I finished that story. Its like a little time capsule of that part of my life. I love it.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    There is certain music I was hooked on while reading DT7. To this day, when I listen to it, I can still remember exactly how I felt when I finished that story. Its like a little time capsule of that part of my life. I love it.
    And may I know which music it is?

Roland would have understood.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    And may I know which music it is?
    My Chemical Romance / The Black Parade cd.
    There's a song that's chorus is:
    I am not afraid to keep on living
    I am not afraid to walk this world alone
    Honey if you stay I'll be forgiven
    Nothing you can say will stop me going home.

Everytime i listen to that, I still picture Roland starting his quest in the desert.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have the music in my ears but the lyrics is very nice. Deep and touching.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I don't have the music in my ears but the lyrics is very nice. Deep and touching.

I'm sure someone has the video of the song on YouTube. Just do a search on there.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

yup!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nw1-_5-Vk"]YouTube - My Chemical Romance-The Black Parade[/ame]

When I was a young boy,
    My father took me into the city
    To see a marching band.
    He said,
    "Son when you grow up, will you be the saviour of the broken,
    The beaten and the damned?"
    He said
    "Will you defeat them, your demons, and all the non believers, the plans that they have made?"
    Because one day I leave you,
    A phantom to lead you in the summer,
    To join the black parade."

When I was a young boy,
    My father took me into the city
    To see a marching band.
    He said,
    "Son when you grow up, will you be the saviour of the broken,
    The beaten and the damned?"

Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me.
    And other times I feel like I should go. Through it all, the rise and fall, the bodies in the streets.
    When you're gone we want you all to know We'll Carry on,
    We'll Carry on
    Though your dead and gone believe me Your memory will carry on
    Carry on
    We'll carry on
    And in my heart I cant contain it
    The anthem wont explain it.

And we will send you reeling from decimated dreams
    Your misery and hate will kill us all
    So paint it black and take it back
    Lets shout it loud and clear
    Do you fight it to the end
    We hear the call to

To carry on
    We'll carry on
    We'll carry on
    And though you're broken and defeated You're weary widow marches on

And on we carry through the fears
    Ooh oh ohhhh
    Disappointed faces of your peers Ooh oh ohhhh
    Take a look at me cause
    I could not care at all Do or die
    You'll never make me
    Cause the world, will never take my heart
    You can try, you'll never break me
    Want it all,
    I'm gonna play this part
    Wont explain or say i'm sorry
    I'm not ashamed,
    I'm gonna show my scar
    You're the chair, for all the broken Listen here, because it's only..
    I'm just a man,
    I'm not a hero
    Just a boy, who's meant to sing this song
    Just a man,
    I'm not a hero
    I -- don't -- care
    Carry on
    We'll carry on
    We'll carry on
    And though you're broken and defeated You're weary widow marches on
    We'll carry on
    We'll carry on
    We'll carry on
    We'll carry
    We'll carry on
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Thanks Brice.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

You are a treasure, Brice. Thank you.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My pleasure! It's a great damn song. I'm listening to it now.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Another song that reminds me of the Dark Tower series is From Yesterday by 30 Seconds to Mars.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the only one I know by them is the Shining video they did.

If you rescue me

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    My pleasure! It's a great damn song. I'm listening to it now.

Yep, that one reminds me of Roland too.

Not all of the lyrics in the song remind me of Roland but most do. Their video for it is one of the best ever done in my not-so-humble opinion..

From Yesterday

He’s a stranger to some
    And a vision to none
    He can never get enough,
    Get enough of the one

For a fortune he'd quit
    But it’s hard to admit
    How it ends and begins
    On his face is a map of the world
    (A map of the world)

(A map of the world)

From yesterday, it’s coming!
    From yesterday, the fear!
    From yesterday, it calls him
    But he doesn't want to read the message here

On a mountain he sits, not of gold but of shit
    Through the blood he can look, see the life that it took
    From the council of one
    He’s decided when he’s done with the innocent

(A map of the world)
    (A map of the world)

From yesterday,
    From yesterday,
    From yesterday, the fear
    From yesterday,
    From yesterday

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

Default Dark Tower music and such **Spoilers likely**

Here is where we stop driving Jean nuts by taking another thread off topic and chat about Dark Tower music and music that reminds us of the Dark Tower series. Go nuts folks.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

BAd COmpany~Bad Company

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Here is where we stop driving Jean nuts by taking another thread off topic and chat about Dark Tower music and music that reminds us of the Dark Tower series. Go nuts folks.
    many thanks to AllHail!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem. I thought you were going to move the posts over here?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

moved some, and copied others, but alas, they move in chronological order, so your starter post is in the very middle of the thread now. But the rest makes sense.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

CK, I think 30 Seconds to Mars makes the best videos. I wish they'd do more.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

So, am I the rebel that forced this into a new thread?

That would be me, with the help of Brice and a few others this morning.

Well, job well done.

*Bows humbly*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast