Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A collectors page

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default A collectors page

The participation in this forum is amazing and I want all of you to know there is going to be a page dedicated to acutions and collections as a part of the main site.

This is in development but I plan to try and set it up to look a little like a restaurant (with our colors) and very subtle.

Thanks for coming by and look for all kinds of fun new stuff in the future.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what I have been able to come up with so far:

www.thedarktower.org/collectors

I would like to have that be where we showcase cool new items from the forums and have another page called.

collections

to showcase everyone's great stuff.

look for that coming soon

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good to me!

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

sounds good to me too, the Colorado Kid page is nice, I like it!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I love that!

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

that's a really cool idea, and it looks great

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not only is there a collectors page but also all of the posted collections.

Really great stuff.

follow the link from here www.thedarktower.org/collectors

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default All work and no play...

As soon as my bookcase is done being built, I'll be sure to contribute
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have your little remarque out there bigcoffinhunter, its on the next page.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW Matt. That is really something cool.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved adding your collection Wiz, it is amazing.

I think its wonderful to have something like that showcased for other fans to see.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thanks Matt.
    I noticed the pictures link to a full size picture. I know the board limits pics to 800x600. I'm not sure, but perhaps if bandwidth allows, the collection pics could link to a larger pic size, say 1024x768, or up to 1080x1024. That way, if someone like Wiz wanted to, he could send you the link to a picture of a remarque or original art that would be substantially enhanced by viewing at the higher resolution.
    Just a thought.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I saved the original size from here and hosted them on the dt.com server so it works really slick.

If people wanted to email me the original pic I could host and link it as long as it wasn't you know, crazy huge.

The folder I put them in has no limit.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are correct.No sense using dt.com bandwidth.
    If something needs huge detail, you (or the member in the original post) can link to an imageshack URL. They will host incredibly large images.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's also true. I always worry that they will remove the link after time, I do like to have them stored safely.

But that reminds me about something you said once...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Redunancy?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That and some bandwidth

Along the Path of the Beam The Red Rose is on a distinguished road The Red Rose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Might as well throw it up here too I guess

This is what Rags and I have in our collection, still a few updates to do and more items hidden in the tardis bookcase behind the stuff you can see...

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...%20Collection/
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg

Along the Path of the Beam The Red Rose is on a distinguished road The Red Rose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Not only is there a collectors page but also all of the posted collections.

Really great stuff.

follow the link from here www.thedarktower.org/collectors
    Matt, I just tried the 'go to next page' on the first page of the collectors area but it won't work, tried refresh and retry but it's as if the go to next page button is not a button if that makes sense?
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...thanks for the heads up, I will check into that tonight.

the direct link to the page is www.thedarktower.org/collectors/collections2

I plan to add the new ones posted in here tonight.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, those pages you are setting up are great!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick

I am really proud of them.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, looking good and the button is working too now.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

These are really great and work well but I am looking into making the forum stream onto the pages to keep the stuff right.

I know you guys have had confusing instructions where this is concerned but this is the last time

What I would like is each collector to establish a thread in here with their collection. That way, it will be showcased on the page and will update automatically when you guys add something.

We can also use this method to showcase all collections on the site and it will make it easier for people looking at the site to get to the forums for questions.

Thank you again you guys, you are great.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The "collectors news" page is in place on the site.

www.thedarktower.org/collectors

thanks for the help everyone. Look for new things coming on the collections as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast