Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Eyes

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Blue Eyes

I posted this a while back on .net, but it quickly went off topic and I never got many answers. I hope this is the right section of the site to put this on.

I've noticed that a lot of main protagonists in the DT series and related books have blue eyes. These include Roland, Jake, Jack Sawyer (The Talisman), several members of the Losers club (It), King himself, and some others that I can't remember. Does anyone else think that blue eyes are somehow significant, like a sign that someone is an agent of the White?
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I know the Crimson King damn sure didn't have blue eyes, and can't remember any Agents of the Random that did. Although I'm sure Flagg COULD.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have also noticed that several charcters have blue eyes. I was thinking that is was King's way of putting a bit of himself into that specific charcter.

Have you done any research on the meaning of blue eyes? I'd be curious to know if or what you've found out.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I think Flagg might have had them at some point.. but I doubt it was his natural eye color.

No, I haven't done any research, but it probably would be interesting.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I've always thought there was something mildly significant about the blue eyes as well. I just have no idea what.

If blue eyes = good guy, then I'm certainly a bad guy with my brown eyes.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

I have no answers
    only another example
    blue eyed carol gerber from HiA.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm... I don't know. I have blue eyes so when I read a character has blue eyes I feel nothing. It's natural.
    Some people have blue eyes some have brown and some have green.
    But it can be a good question. I have never thought about it.

Roland would have understood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I've always thought there was something mildly significant about the blue eyes as well. I just have no idea what.

If blue eyes = good guy, then I'm certainly a bad guy with my brown eyes.
    I'm evil too then!
    Damn! I wanna be an agent of the WHITE.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i tried looking up stuff about blue eyes but i found nothing having to do with symbolism or mythology, i might have been looking in the wrong places. the only slightly interesting thing i came across is that having blue eyes makes it a bit easier to see in dim light.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if this is pertinent to King's books but its interesting none the less:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2006/10/17/dont_it_make_my_blue_eyes_brown/
    If the Census Bureau has it right, the 300 millionth American entered the United States kicking and screaming this morning. The odds are that this milestone American is a boy, born to a white family in a California suburb. He will have a 1-in-4 shot of graduating from college, will probably marry, father two children, struggle with his weight, and live to see his 85th birthday.

What he will probably not have -- that his grandfather likely did -- is a pair of blue eyes.

Once a hallmark of the boy and girl next door, blue eyes have become increasingly rare among American children. Immigration patterns, intermarriage, and genetics all play a part in their steady decline. While the drop-off has been a century in the making, the plunge in the past few decades has taken place at a remarkable rate.

About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes, according to a 2002 Loyola University study in Chicago. By mid-century that number had dropped to a third. Today only about one 1 of every 6 Americans has blue eyes, said Mark Grant, the epidemiologist who conducted the study...
    Ive got green eyes and diem has blue eyes, we should spawn a mini-race of colourist children!
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, what a cool thread.

I have noticed a lot of people in King books have blue eyes as well. I always wrote it off to the fact that its the most exciting eye color to most folks.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wow, what a cool thread.

I have noticed a lot of people in King books have blue eyes as well. I always wrote it off to the fact that its the most exciting eye color to most folks.
    But why the blue hell?

Roland would have understood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Blue hell?

Did I miss something?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blue hell. Blue around the gills. Blue bird and Blue Beard, blue in the face, Where have you been, my blue-eyed son?

The blue-eyed poems are countless; it's even worse in French where they rhyme bleu (blue) with deux (two) and about 25% of all other words existing in French.

Closer to the topic, I remember something from genetics - the blue eyes being a [here comes a scientific term I don't know in English], thus dying out, becoming more and more rare, being supplanted by brown eyes... thus, sign of resistant ancient blood, surviving nobility.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that

I have a pretty shade of hazel but always wondered what it would be like to have those cool blue eyes.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I like that

I have a pretty shade of hazel but always wondered what it would be like to have those cool blue eyes.
    I never even did. I know my place. My swampy green is traditionally reserved for minor villains, the ones who don't even have such a redeeming feature as the magnitude of their vices. "Pretty shade of hazel" is at least what Eddie had!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If I am on Eddies level, then I am considering myself good to go.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

*hoards his blue eyes*
    In Digitized Remorse

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

For the record, ew.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    I don't know if this is pertinent to King's books but its interesting none the less:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2006/10/17/dont_it_make_my_blue_eyes_brown/
    If the Census Bureau has it right, the 300 millionth American entered the United States kicking and screaming this morning. The odds are that this milestone American is a boy, born to a white family in a California suburb. He will have a 1-in-4 shot of graduating from college, will probably marry, father two children, struggle with his weight, and live to see his 85th birthday.

What he will probably not have -- that his grandfather likely did -- is a pair of blue eyes.

Once a hallmark of the boy and girl next door, blue eyes have become increasingly rare among American children. Immigration patterns, intermarriage, and genetics all play a part in their steady decline. While the drop-off has been a century in the making, the plunge in the past few decades has taken place at a remarkable rate.

About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes, according to a 2002 Loyola University study in Chicago. By mid-century that number had dropped to a third. Today only about one 1 of every 6 Americans has blue eyes, said Mark Grant, the epidemiologist who conducted the study...
    Ive got green eyes and diem has blue eyes, we should spawn a mini-race of colourist children!
    That was a really interesting article! I have light blue eyes myself and have always loved them. Now that they're becoming more and more rare, I like them even more.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Genetically speaking, blue eyes and hazel eyes are the same. Just thought I'd throw that in since I've spent the past 15 years explaining to people how two hazels produced three pairs of startlingly blue eyes.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah they ar, hazel and green eyes are actually blue eyes underneath with alot of flecks of yellow over the top. My eyes are "cesspool green" as diem says, so theyre kinda khaki or something, but looking close they are actually blue with lots of specks over the top. Weird, eh

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Now these are blue eyes:
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

BETHANYS ARYAN ARMY!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    BETHANYS ARYAN ARMY!
    /me has one, too.

3 blonde haired, blue eyed boys came from 2 green eyed parents.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast