Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forgive me Father for I have sinned...

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    "and the second time, he found the strength to run" -The Long Walk, circa 1979, as Wireman would say.
    I think it has been at least 7 years since I read that book (I keep telling my mom to dig it out of the Garage & mail it to me) but that line seriously made my heart jump reading it...I think stories like the Long Walk are very powerful. No happy ending sticks with you and haunts you for life.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

got to hand it to Bachman, the "guy" may be pessimistic, but at least he's a realist. or...as real as a science fiction novel can get.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought that the interesting thing about Desperation and The Regulators, was that Desperation was much more a Bachman book, in that it was much more gruesome and dark than Regulators. I wonder if he didn't get his alter ego and his self mixed up a little there.

Traveler horrorfan2647 will become famous soon enough

I got very bored with Thinner and i never tried another one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2