Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Problem!

Along the Path of the Beam nordh is on a distinguished road

TCK might not be a good choice though to get her interested in Kings work due to the very unusual "ending". It's like waving a carrot in front of the horse's eyes and then not let it eat the carrot.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the courage of writing a book like that, but it's still evil towards the innocent reader.

bangoskank1

thanks for the suggestions guys (and gils)...we now have a new DT reader in the house...so far so good

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bangoskank1 View Post
    aha!!! I thank you RC9...I think that just might work....I'll proly hafta suffer thru the Kite Runner...altho I heard it's not bad.
    I'm about 3/4 through this. I'm amazed with the story and am hooked!!! Fair trade, in my opinion.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got Dora to read them with the trade off.

I ended up with Nora Roberts, it wasn't too bad but I really need a little more killing and monsters in my books.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nordh View Post
    TCK might not be a good choice though to get her interested in Kings work due to the very unusual "ending". It's like waving a carrot in front of the horse's eyes and then not let it eat the carrot.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the courage of writing a book like that, but it's still evil towards the innocent reader.
    My recommendation of TCK comes from the fact that she enjoys mystery novels. TCK is definitely that. It may not have the ending that a lot of people would want, but I think it would certainly appeal to someone who enjoys a good mystery. My wife doesn't read King regularly like I do, but she certianly found the book compelling and read it cover to cover during one chemo treatment.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I may have created a Constant Reader...

There's this girl who often babysits my little brother and came on vacation with us. She wanted to know if my family had anything recommended for her to read, so I lent her The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and The Eyes of the Dragon, since they were both some of King's tamer fare. She finished TGWLTG and is almost done with EOTD, and she's loving both of them.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another Constant Reader! Wonderful!

How old is she? (Is she ready for some of the "darker" works?)

John

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She's one year younger than me, so she's 18. She doesn't like horror much, though. I'm not going to rush her into something like It anytime soon, but I might recommend The Shining.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You might also try her on The Talisman. Although there are some scary parts in there, it's definitely a possibility.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How about The Green Mile! Bag of Bones!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't give her Bag of Bones. Ok it's not that scary but that scene (
    Spoiler:
    the flash-back, dream I mean
    ) might be a bit extreme for a young lady. Or anyone for that matter.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but you have to remember that she is legally an adult here in the states. I'd worry more about

Spoiler:
    Mattie's death

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How about Different Seasons?
    It's got the stories that led to the movies Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption. She can always skip the other two stories if she wishes.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3