Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie quotes

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Default Favorite movie quotes

Heard this while walking though the living room with my daughter watching Airplane.

"Flying a plane is just like riding a bicycle, it's just harder to get baseball cards in the spokes."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Tell me, what do you know about, my father's where....about....sssss...."

Austin Powers, Gold Member

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

"Did you hear what happened to Scott? I showed him my thing and it killed him." - Brad Dourif, Death Machine
    In Digitized Remorse

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know Zone is going to love this one:

"THIS IS SPARTA!!!"

Leonidas, 300

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

Ferris Bueller: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

Ghostbusters: When someone asks you "if you're a god?" you say, "Yes!"

Top Gun: I feel the need . . . the need for speed!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

"If it isn't one thing, it's your mother." - Nine Months
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL, Ghostbusters....

"Nobody steps on a church in my town!"
    "And...the flowers are still standing."
    "Look at all the junkfood!"

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Ghostbusters is great!

"Do...Ray...Egon!"

"It looks like a big Jello mould."
    "I hate Jello"
    "Aw c'mon, there's always room for Jello."

Another one from Airplane: "Surely, you can't be serious."
    "I am serious, and quit calling me Shirley!"

This one from Cutthroat Island: "By the way, that won't work. I took you balls."

One from The Princess Bride: "I am Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

"<Insert any line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail here>"

"What we got here, is ... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week. Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore than you men." --Cool Hand Luke

""I love the smell of napalm in the morning." — Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore Apocalyse Now

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." --Hannibal lecter

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." — Rick Blaine , Casablanca

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be? " John Keating, Dead Poets Society.

"Excrement! That's what I think of Mr. J. Evans Pritchard! We're not laying pipe! We're talking about poetry. How can you describe poetry like American Bandstand? "I like Byron, I give him a 42 but I can't dance to it!" -John Keating, Dead Poets Society

And, this entire scene from Dead Poets Society:

John Keating: Close your eyes - closure! Close 'em! Now, describe what you see.
    Todd Anderson: I... I close my eyes, and this image floats beside me.
    John Keating: A sweaty-toothed madman.
    Todd Anderson: A sweaty-toothed madman with a stare that pounds my brain.
    John Keating: Oh, that's *excellent*! Now, give him action - make him do something!
    Todd Anderson: His hands reach out and choke me.
    John Keating: That's it! Wonderful, wonderful!
    Todd Anderson: And all the time he's mumbling.
    John Keating: What's he mumbling?
    Todd Anderson: Mumbling truth... Truth's like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold.
    John Keating: [some of the class start to laugh] Forget them, forget them! Stay with the blanket. Tell me about that blanket!
    Todd Anderson: Y-You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. You kick at it, beat it, it will never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying to the moment we leave dying, it will cover just your head as you wail and cry and scream!
    [class appauds]
    John Keating: Don't you forget this.

Really, I could just list the entire script of Dead Poets Society and my favorite quotes.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Peter O'Toole in My Favorite Year:

"I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!"

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I love that movie, Chris.

Here's a few of mine. I tend to like quotes that i can use in real life, to annoy friends and family. Or you can just about take any line from Fight Club ... and call it one of my favorite quotes.

"No milk will ever be our milk." - Billy Madison (and several other Billy M quotes that I won't name.)
    "Go ahead, make my millenium." - Beetlejuice
    "Hey man, watch the leather." - Dazed and Confused
    "I am Jack's wasted life." Fight Club
    The whole shh ... zip it ... thing from Austin Powers is great to use on someone you want to shut up, especially five year olds who are whining incessantly about how they want another cookie.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    "I've seen the Exorcist about five hundred times, and it keeps getting funnier everytime I see it!"

EDIT: One more I thought of:

"I have to be at the Boston Prudential Center at precisely eight o' clock in the morning, and I forbid you to land at some whistle stop Maine airport!!" - Craig Toomey, The Langoliers
    In Digitized Remorse

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

"THIS IS SPARTA!!!"

Leonidas, 300

I hope you're just trying to piss me off and its not actually one of your FAVOURITE quotes

"Birdie Num Num"
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

"But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you."
    - V for Vendetta

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

"THIS IS SPARTA!!!"

Leonidas, 300

I hope you're just trying to piss me off and its not actually one of your FAVOURITE quotes
    Ummm...you want me to lie to you?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

[QUOTE=Fall of Gilead;7088]
    "I've seen the Exorcist about five hundred times, and it keeps getting funnier everytime I see it!"

I love that quote...

a new one from the movie we went to yesterday...
    "The only thing you'll be king of is KING of the STUPIDS!" - Shrek 3
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Beetlejuice:

"NICE F*CKING MODEL!! (HONK HONK)"

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

"You are already dead." - Ken, several times during Fist of the North Star.
    In Digitized Remorse

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How could I forget this one:

"Well, I'll take these home, run through them with a fine tooth comb, cross the t's dot the..........lower case j's....."

Wayne's World 2

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

"Strike that, reverse it." - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

There's so many other fine quotable lines from that movie, unlike the shitty second movie with Johnny Depp.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

"You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks! You bumped into the ceiling, which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!"
    In Digitized Remorse

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Balls are at your feet"

&

"He doesn't have any balls, Cotton!!"

Dodgeball.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

"I was wrong about you McClane--you aren't an asshole"

"I just happened to be your kind of asshole"

Die Hard 2
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

"Strike that, reverse it." - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

There's so many other fine quotable lines from that movie, unlike the shitty second movie with Johnny Depp.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Don't bogart the can ... man" - reality bites
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast