Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Rereading Diary - where are you? *spoilers*

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On read number three of the series, currently reading The Wastelands. Mr Dean is currently pulling guard duty trying to figure out the riddle, There is a thing that nothing is, and yet it has a name. It's sometimes tall and sometimes short, joins our talks, joins our sport, and plays at every game.

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't actually have the books (not for the lack of trying...) but I have all of the audiobooks, and I'm just getting around to a relisten to Wolves of the Calla

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's the best of these books, isn't it?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm seriously contemplating doing a re-read of Wizard and Glass, not because it's a favorite, but because I really want to revisit the DT world, and that one stands apart from the others.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the one I go back to if I want a Dark Tower fix without committing to a whole new re-read. Plus, it *is* my favorite.

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just recently finished The Wastelands, and am currently at the point in W&G where Mr.Dean is riddling Blaine, and Blaine is losing his mind trying to answer Eddies nonsensical riddles.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    That's the one I go back to if I want a Dark Tower fix without committing to a whole new re-read. Plus, it *is* my favorite.
    Yeah. I've read it quite a few times to get that DT fix, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf&Dumb View Post
    I've just recently finished The Wastelands, and am currently at the point in W&G where Mr.Dean is riddling Blaine, and Blaine is losing his mind trying to answer Eddies nonsensical riddles.
    Ah! This was probably the part of the series that made me really love Eddie.

Damnit. I need to stay away from this thread. It makes me want to start the series from the beginning even though I have other unfinished books I need to complete.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Yeah. I've read it quite a few times to get that DT fix, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf&Dumb View Post
    Ah! This was probably the part of the series that made me really love Eddie.

Damnit. I need to stay away from this thread. It makes me want to start the series from the beginning even though I have other unfinished books I need to complete.

I have 4 or 5 books that are all bookmarked about a quarter of the way through, because I always end up with a DT book in my hands.

There is nothing quite like it.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently post Wolves, trying to build up the resolve to read SoS again. It is my least favorite of the series.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you don't have to rub it in

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Currently post Wolves, trying to build up the resolve to read SoS again. It is my least favorite of the series.
    I LOVE SoS. Gets better with every read......for me at least.

Country
    Country Flag

it does

it was nothing to sneeze at to begin with, either

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I have never reread it or DT VII, so I will reassess soon. I am currently working my way through our list though, so I may be stuck at this point for some time.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Traveler ka-tetcast will become famous soon enough

Just started my second read through. Just finished at Tull and up to the Way Station.

Traveler Gnagsta is on a distinguished road Gnagsta's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Halfway through book VII on my fourth series reach-through. This is the first with including Wind Through The Keyhole, however. That one was a little slow to get into for me, considering the wordslinger's style of story this go-round. But I must say, well worth the effort! Slowest moving for me would be IV, Wizard & Glass. But to get through the Mejis story arc, I picked up the Marvel Comics adaptation of the tale and it gave a nice mental image when reading through the book itself.

Traveler CalvinToren is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I definitely recommand everyone to read the whole series more than once, there are too many things you do not notice the first time. Currently reading SoS (2nd time), Eddie and Roland arrived at mr. King's house.

Traveler Gnagsta is on a distinguished road Gnagsta's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished my fourth readthrough. After finishing book III I read the Marvel Comics adaptation of the Mejis story, continued with book IV, then on to WTTK and completed through VII.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

About 200 pages into Wizard & Glass.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    About 200 pages into Wizard & Glass.
    Ah, the book everyone seems to hate.

(It's my second favorite King book. Not just Dark Tower, but overall. )

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I managed to get hold of the last three books, and The Wind Through The Keyhole, in hardback from a local charity shop for a pound each. I keep putting off reading them, as I'd like to read the first four first...maybe I'm gonna regret that and just pick up Wolves, but it's difficult since I had my son. Perhaps I didn't mention that- it was a bit of a surprise and I didn't know until I was 28 weeks pregnant. And because they're hardbacks, I can't exactly read them over his head when I'm feeding him, like I do with paperbacks...

Anyway, before I left work I managed to listen to them up to halfway through Song of Susannah. I kinda miss them though. And I'm desperate for those earlier books- especially if I could get them in hardback, they'd match the rest of my shelf

Traveler stephenkingcast will become famous soon enough

I've just re-read The Gunslinger, and will be revisited The Drawing of the Three in a few weeks (if I ever get through the Talisman! That one is taking awhile). This is now at least the fourth time I will have read Books 1-4, my 3 go around with 5-6 and my 2nd with book 7. I'm very, very interested in revisiting book seven now that I can re-read it with more objectivity than I did the first time around.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I'm reading book 7 again for the fourth time in three years or so, I don't think I'll ever not want to re-read a DT book no matter how many times I've done it already , at the moment I'm at the part where they just saved King and my beloved Jake entered the clearing. It was re-reading this book that led me to discovering this forum actually because I absolutely NEEDED somebody to discuss it with, and I've already bored my girlfriend to tears with all my DT nonsense

It definitely helps to be able to discuss it with people who have also lived it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For sure. Also a little bit off topic, but I re-read Salem's lot recently and noticed a possible continuity error. The main villain of the book is a type one vampire, so shouldn't that mean that he is a grandfather? Although he is described as having human form. :O!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast