Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rereading Diary - where are you? *spoilers*

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Let's see - since I just returned from vacation, I'm on the last cd of "The Drawing of The Three".

Technically, not reading but still enjoying .

My girl and I, when we road trip each summer - we bring the DT with us. It's been a tradition since our first summer together.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am still somewhere near the beginning of DTVII. I took a break to read some other stuff for a bit.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The reread is calling to me. . .but I have so much left to finish, It, EotD, Talisman, Black House, Salem's Lot and then The Long Walk (because you guys referred it to me and are so convincing ). It's really hard on my literary soul.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in desperate need of finishing the last half of tdt vii. I got to the point where
    Spoiler:
    Eddie dies and I haven't been able to go back and finish. I just couldn't stand reading about Eddie in so much pain. It filled me with such sadness knowing that this was just the beginning of much more pain to come.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I'm in desperate need of finishing the last half of tdt vii. I got to the point where
    Spoiler:
    Eddie dies and I haven't been able to go back and finish. I just couldn't stand reading about Eddie in so much pain. It filled me with such sadness knowing that this was just the beginning of much more pain to come.
    Awww!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice 3 DOORS DOWN is on a distinguished road 3 DOORS DOWN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I,ve honestly lost count.I started the gunslinger in 1982 re-read that while
    waiting for book 2 re-read that etc.
    The only other books i've re-read are the lord of the rings ,twice.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

of the first four books i have lost count.
    i have only listened to Wolves and SoS once
    DT 7 twice.
    i'm thinking of starting Wolves tomorrow actually
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Traveler RandoofGilead is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I've just finished The Gunslinger for the 2nd time as I make my 2nd round through the series.

I found some answers (somewhat) but have more questions about the Man in Black which hopefully I can get resolved. I was hoping to find things easier this time through. I am, but the last palaver still has me a little confused about the origins of the Man in Black.

I've gone through the palaver a couple of times but am moving on to The Drawing of the Three now.

Traveler BamaChambers is on a distinguished road

On my third trip to the Tower and just finished the gas station shoot-out in Songs and can't wait till the Dixie Pig. I didn't like Book VI much the first time around but it grows on me more and more each time I read it. Susannah and Mia's palaver at the wall-walk of the Castle on the Abyss is a horror to visualize.

Letti, pay heed to how the story takes on a sense of urgency after the beam quake and once Eddie notices Susannah/Mia has run off. The Tower itself doesn't matter the slightest to him at this point. I havn't put enough thought into this to have any important opinions but I just love the transition.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool thread. I just re-read Wolves, which is such a tricky novel. Every time, I feel differently about it. Started SoS last night.

Quote Originally Posted by RandoofGilead View Post
    ...the last palaver still has me a little confused about the origins of the Man in Black.

You read the revised, or the original?

Traveler RandoofGilead is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Cool thread. I just re-read Wolves, which is such a tricky novel. Every time, I feel differently about it. Started SoS last night.

Quote Originally Posted by RandoofGilead View Post
    ...the last palaver still has me a little confused about the origins of the Man in Black.

You read the revised, or the original?
    I went through the original. I don't have the revised.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't need the revised.

Roland would have understood.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it does make more clear TMIB story... I believe that's one reason that King did it.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    letti, letti, letti. don't make me send you the revised and mind control you into reading it.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    letti, letti, letti. don't make me send you the revised and mind control you into reading it.
    *laughs*
    In fact I have the revised one in English so I have read it.

John F. Kennedy Kingfanatic260 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading the complete series for the third time. I just started The drawing of the three and I'm at the part where Roland and Eddie are together in the "sky carriage"

Country
    Country Flag

I love that part a lot. And the way Eddie handles that situation... I felt he was a gunslinger at that time. A lost one but a good one.

John F. Kennedy Kingfanatic260 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I love that part a lot. And the way Eddie handles that situation... I felt he was a gunslinger at that time. A lost one but a good one.
    Totally agree, we knew from that point that Eddie had some steel in him. The drawing of the three is my favorite book and Eddie turns out to be my favorite character. The first time I read the series this book is the one that truly hooked me.

Country
    Country Flag

I had a free day yesterday I could finish rereading WoC at last. I love this book so so much.
    Started reading SoS.

Traveler Talitha Unwin is on a distinguished road Talitha Unwin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished today. And, of course, everything`s as usual:

Spoiler:
    I just have to cry when Jake dies and Roland is burying him, and it breaks my heart when he first sees Susannah go through the door to New York and then in the end realizes he has to go through it all again. I really believe it`s the only end this story can have, but gee, it`s just so cruel!

Now, I can`t wait to finally start the comic series - just hope my "gunslinger born"-Edition will arrive soon!

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on chapter 6 in DT 7, for the first re-read (which is why I haven't been here) and I still get goosebumps at all the spots I did the first time. It's amazing how once you start it is real hard to stop.

John F. Kennedy sfischer is on a distinguished road sfischer's Avatar

i finished my last reread of the tower series about a month ago so its still pretty early for me to start again. i am thinking about doing a complete reread of all the DT associated books. just finished Insomnia.

Country
    Country Flag

Aye Insomnia is a real good read. the only problem that I ran into is the paper back copy I bought is missing about 25 to 30 pages about 3/4 of the way through it......this was me when I realized it.
    So I went to Barnes and noble found a copy that had the missing pages and read it in their comfy chairs...

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgunslinger View Post
    Aye Insomnia is a real good read. the only problem that I ran into is the paper back copy I bought is missing about 25 to 30 pages about 3/4 of the way through it......this was me when I realized it.
    So I went to Barnes and noble found a copy that had the missing pages and read it in their comfy chairs...

don't they have the best chairs there. i've spent many an hour in b&n reading. reread the long walk there as a matter of fact. and several king short stories actually.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbgunslinger View Post

don't they have the best chairs there. i've spent many an hour in b&n reading. reread the long walk there as a matter of fact. and several king short stories actually.
    Yeah those chairs are amazing, if I thought no one would notice I would try to sneak out with one someday. It's really nice when I am there with my girlfriend or there is a B&N in a mall that we are in because I will let her go shopping and I will go read. Unless all the chairs are taken of course in wHich case
    Last edited by Hbgunslinger; 10-28-2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast