Quote Originally Posted by Fyrehardt View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fyrehardt View Post
It's about time for my annual read-through. I go through all 7 books about once a year ever since DT7 came out. This year, of course, I have to add Little Sisters and Wind to the reading list as well, and I'll be taking a suggestion I read on these forums somewhere to read the original Gunslinger at the beginning, and then finish the read-through with the revised Gunslinger.

The kids just started school for the year, so I figure I'll have some time to curl up with a book over the next couple of weeks. So, back on the path of the beam, I say thankya!
Wow, so you are a real DT junkie. Welcome to the board.
When are you planning to read Wind? After book 4?
Well, the tradition started when DT7 came out right after my divorce, and my "celebration of surviving" was curling up at a friend's house for a couple days doing nothing but reading and sleeping while my kids were at their Nana's. So, I do it almost every year now as a mind cleanser/vacation.

I figure I'll read Wind right after DT4 since that's when it fits the timeline. Adding that and the revised DT1 to the end might make the read-through a bit longer this year, but I'm a stay-at-home mom at the moment, so, like I said, I'll be able to find some time while the kids are at school because I barely watch any TV or movies.
That's very impressive. I love to think that I am the biggest DT fan but I have read the series just three times so I think I must hide under the sofa.
But I am planning to reread it soon.