+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Dan Simmons

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Craigobou - go for Carrion Comfort. It's a true masterpiece.
    Seconded.
    Thirded, excellent story.
    Damm, I passed on this but think I am gonna pick it up now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    His next one is due next year, after a few delays.
    What have you heard about his next one? I haven't gone digging around yet to see what I can find out.

Weedeater WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

He's posted about Omega Canyon sporadically on his forum. I think a fall while hiking and health issues have slowed him down.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau will become famous soon enough craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I can only agree! I have yet to read The Fifth Heart, so I'm glad to hear you're liking it. His next one is due next year, after a few delays.

(Drood is my personal favourite of his recent work. Also love The Terror, which most people seem to prefer, but Drood just seemed to click with me.)
    Just finished The Fifth Heart and loved it.

Yes, it's a bit slow in parts and yes, you do question the relevance of some of the detail he gets into, but if you accept that this is just the way the guy writes his stories, you can really enjoy the read.

Onwards to Carrion Comfort.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9