Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm down for 4 hours...but 6, I'm not so sure.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Waiting patiently for this one. I just wish American audiences would have the patience to sit through a 4-6 hour movie, so we could get it all in one chunk.
    Exactly. I could easily sit through 6 hours of Tarantino. Once I got the DVD's I've only watched Kill Bill in its entirety. That said, I will gladly go see both halves of Inglorious Bastards as soon as they each come out. New Tarantino is among the few things that get me to go see movies anymore.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by bangoskank1 View Post
    what if I gotta pee?
    Go to the restroom. Wow, shouldn't that be something you should already know?

Quote Originally Posted by bangoskank1 View Post
    what if I gotta pee?
    Wear an adult diaper to the movies?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

UK, July 9, 2008 - Following the Cannes announcement that Inglorious Bastards would be his next film, news on Quentin Tarantino's WWII ensemble piece has been coming thick and fast, with the second juicy nugget in as many days hitting the Web this morning.

Yesterday we leant that QT has apparently completed work on the script and is shopping it around the major studios. Now the same source, Deadline Hollywood Daily, reports that Tarantino is in talks with none other than Brad Pitt over a starring role in the film.

The rumour mill has been cranking out casting gossip for literally years, with the disparate likes of Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Adam Sandler and Eddie Murphy all discussed for roles. But with the film now nearing production, casting buzz seems more likely to be grounded in reality. Whatever the case, we'll have more news on this one as and when it breaks.

Interesting article Feev. I'll say this, Pitt can actually act. Those other names on the list, not so much, though Tarantino got a good performance out of Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm down with Brad Pitt and S. Stallone.

Eddie Murphy...ehh, kinda 50-50 on that.

Adamn Sandler? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm down with Brad Pitt and S. Stallone.

Eddie Murphy...ehh, kinda 50-50 on that.

Adamn Sandler? No thanks.
    Sandler, no way. I'm with you there. He can't act and I don't think he's all that funny either.

Murphy is funny, as a comedian, in the 80's.

Stallone - I'm not sure I'd understand a word he says.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Sandler, no way. I'm with you there. He can't act and I don't think he's all that funny either.
    Have you noticed that everyone in his movies is funny but him?

Have you seen that MAD Tv skit where they're parodying the MTV movie awards, and one of the actors that shows up (Forgot who it was supposed to be; was played by Will Sasso in the skit) and starts talking crap to the lady in charge of seating everyone and she says "Yeah, you know what? Why don't you go sit over in the Used To Be Funny Section with your pals Eddie Murphy and Chevy Chase"

Actually, I tend to avoid seeing most of Sandler's movies because he's so stupid and annoying. I did like Happy Gilmore, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Have you seen that MAD Tv skit where they're parodying the MTV movie awards, and one of the actors that shows up (Forgot who it was supposed to be; was played by Will Sasso in the skit) and starts talking crap to the lady in charge of seating everyone and she says "Yeah, you know what? Why don't you go sit over in the Used To Be Funny Section with your pals Eddie Murphy and Chevy Chase"
    I haven't seen that, but it's very funny

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks for the info Feev. I'm not too sure about Brad Pitt, but he's sure alot better than all the other names listed. Most of those actors, I could just not picture Tarantino even thinking of casting.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Quentin Tarantino

For some reason I thought we already had a thread for him. Please merge if so

Ok so he is producing a movie called Hell Ride and I just saw the trailer.

NSFW!!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/hellrideredband.php

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This looks great!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    [/URL]
    I started a thread for his upcoming flick Inglorious Bastards. Should we combine our powers and summon Captain Planet, or should we keep these theads seperate?

Looks very cool.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

[/url]
    I started a thread for his upcoming flick Inglorious Bastards. Should we combine our powers and summon Captain Planet, or should we keep these theads seperate?
    either way is fine with me.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking forward to this movie for what seems like years.

I can't wait until it comes out.

War movie + Tarantino = a cinematic boner ( I coined this phrase after watching a guy on Top Chef say "Culinary Boner", use it if you would like but pay me homage)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

haha, i loved captain planet as a kid. I hate QT tho.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

either way is fine with me.
    Howz about, I leave my thread open until the film becomes 'old news', and then I'll merge it with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    haha, i loved captain planet as a kid
    Of course! How can you not love Captain Planet and his adorable little mullet?

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Tarantino Teases Inglorious Bastards
    World War II remake to take its lead from Kill Bill.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, June 20, 2008 - After announcing at this year's Cannes that his next film would definitely be his World War II actioner Inglorious Bastards, the Net has been rife with speculation about Quentin Tarantino's upcoming effort.

A particularly juicy nugget emerged from aintitcool today, with the site reporting that QT himself told Enzo Castellari – director of the original Inglorious Bastards – in an interview for the film's DVD release that his update would be split over two films, similar to Kill Bill.

Apparently, during research for the script – which revolves around a team of hardened criminals who break free from a transport during WWII and have to fight both the Nazi's and the Allies enroute to freedom in neutral Switzerland –Tarantino uncovered so much material he felt it couldn't be shoe-horned into one feature.

We still haven't heard any casting confirmation, though QT faves such as Tim Roth, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, as well as Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, have all been discussed for roles.
    Love Tim Roth, especially on QT directed ventures.

I just hope his character dies. I know that sounds weird, but that is Roth's super power, he dies better than any actor out there. I am always slightly disappointed when a script lets him live.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Love Tim Roth, especially on QT directed ventures.

I just hope his character dies. I know that sounds weird, but that is Roth's super power, he dies better than any actor out there. I am always slightly disappointed when a script lets him live.
    Same here. QT gets great performances out of Roth. As many times as I've watched Reservoir Dogs, his performance never grows old for me.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it takes an extremely talented actor to die violently and painfully for a two hours straight and never have the audience go 'Jesus, will that guy just shut the fuck up & die already?".

Mr. Orange is by far my favorite character in that movie. I sometimes give myself the "You're super cool, you're fucking beretta" speech when I need a pep talk.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Mr. Orange is by far my favorite character in that movie. I sometimes give myself the "You're super cool, you're fucking beretta" speech when I need a pep talk.

same here on mr. orange. anyone that can not die for that long has to be a super bad mother.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pitt is leagues ahead of any of those others .. Bruce Willis is in some awesome movies but tends to have that one squinty eyed look. And I fucking cant stand Adam Sandler and Eddie Murphy, its like they went "well noones really pegged the C grade category, and theres some money in it from stupid people, so lets stick with that."
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

DiCaprio a Bastard?
    In talks for Tarantino war film.
    by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

Quentin Tarantino is targeting Hollywood's A-list for his forthcoming war opus Inglorious Bastards, holding talks with two of the industry's biggest stars for key roles in the film.

Adding credence to the rumours that Brad Pitt will be involved, Tarantino apparently met with the Se7en star in France on Tuesday to discuss the role of Aldo Raine -- a.k.a. Aldo the Apache -- the world-weary leader of the men on a mission.

And if Variety is to be believed, the writer-director is meeting with Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to discuss the key role of the Nazi villain of the piece -- Hans Lada.

Indeed, it looks like it's a busy week for Tarantino, with the director teaming up with producer Harvey Weinstein to pitch the script to five studios on Friday as they search for a co-financier.

So after years on the back-burner, it sounds like Inglorious Bastards is finally coming together with shooting expected to commence in France and Germany at the tail-end of the year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast