Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also liked From Dusk Till Dawn. I do need to watch more of his interviews though.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Do you like other films by Robert Rodriguez?
    I'm pretty sure the only other RR film I've seen was Sin City, which is on my all-time Top-whatever list. The visual style, the use of B&W and shadows and flashes of color are genius, and the stories are extremely compelling. Great film.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Then you should check out this one...It really gets IN YOUR FACE..
    Spoiler:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Do you like other films by Robert Rodriguez?
    I'm pretty sure the only other RR film I've seen was Sin City, which is on my all-time Top-whatever list. The visual style, the use of B&W and shadows and flashes of color are genius, and the stories are extremely compelling. Great film.
    I'd recommend checking out some of his films, but I'm not sure what you'll think. Sin City seems to be a bit different from his other films that I've seen. I'd say at least check out Desperado, which is probably one of his more popular ones.

You most start with EL MARIACHI before you move on to DESPERADO & be sure to do the commentaries (EL MARIACHI commentary is a great look into guerrilla film making)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Planet Terror and Sin City are my favorite Rodriguez flicks, a peg down is Desperado.

From Dusk Til Dawn is boat loads of fun and is a guilty pleasure of mine, as is Machete.

I enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Mexico when I first saw it all those years ago, but I re watched it a few weeks ago and it's pretty bad. Depp was great in it though.

I enjoy RR's films. There is no false pretense with him; he doesn't have illusions of cinematic grandeur, he knows his audience, he wants to shoot fun films with his friends and he succeeds for the most part.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Planet Terror and Sin City are my favorite Rodriguez flicks, a peg down is Desperado.

From Dusk Til Dawn is boat loads of fun and is a guilty pleasure of mine, as is Machete.

I enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Mexico when I first saw it all those years ago, but I re watched it a few weeks ago and it's pretty bad. Depp was great in it though.

I enjoy RR's films. There is no false pretense with him; he doesn't have illusions of cinematic grandeur, he knows his audience, he wants to shoot fun films with his friends and he succeeds for the most part.
    Have you watched Road Racers yet? It's such an underrated film. I know you'll love it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not.

Let me see if Netflix has it on disc.

They have it up for streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I have not.

Let me see if Netflix has it on disc.
    YOU KNOW WHAT BRUCE SAYS?....
    Spoiler:
    "FUCK NETFLIX!"

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that I've seen JACKIE BROWN and rewatched INGLORIOUS BASTERDS, here is my updated QT movie ranking:

1. PULP FICTION
    2. DJANGO UNCHAINED
    3. INGLORIOUS BASTERDS
    4. JACKIE BROWN
    5. RESERVOIR DOGS
    6. KILL BILL
    7. HATEFUL EIGHT
    8. DEATH PROOF

Now, that's not to say I think the bottom half are bad flicks. On the contrary, I think all of them are great films and would make it into the majority of other director's top movies (though no director could have done the same movie the same way, naturally).

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and one last comment re the Channing Tatum character. That whole reveal took me completely by surprise. I never realized there was a "missing" cast member and honestly, I'd never even heard of Channing Tatum before so that meant nothing to me. So when the brother popped up out of nowhere---like, WOW, man!
    I love everything you wrote and agree with everything, even your dislike for Four Rooms and From Dusk Till Dawn. I just couldn't get into them. But your final statement really caught me by surprise. How have you never heard of Channing Tatum? You seem to be pretty up on film and he's kind of been all over the place over the last 5 years. Even if you haven't seen any of his films, he's well known as a heartthrob. Although, as a man, it's understandable that you haven't followed that portion of his career.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No love for "Planet Terror", here?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    It's okay. I had a lot of fun the night I saw Death Proof and Planet Terror. That said, I have never felt compelled to rewatch either film. In fact, Death Proof is the only Tarantino film I don't own on DVD.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's okay. I had a lot of fun the night I saw Death Proof and Planet Terror. That said, I have never felt compelled to rewatch either film. In fact, Death Proof is the only Tarantino film I don't own on DVD.
    Hot chick with a machine gun leg, killing zombies. What's not to love? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hot chick with a machine gun leg, killing zombies. What's not to love? LOL
    I could start with Tarantino's acting.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

reading this thread always makes me want to love Tarantino

I think I should try again

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread inspired me to watch Kill Bill again last night, for probably the 7th or 8th time. I see that some rate it lower on their lists, but to me this is a perfect movie. Every musical cue, every camera angle, the subtle (and no so subtle) homages, the way the story is laid out...I don't think it could be improved. As a fan of both samurai films and kung-fu martial arts films, I love the way Tarantino uses the tropes of the genre, as well-worn as they are, to his advantage. You can tell this was a labor of love. The love just shines through this movie and I for one absolutely lap it up.

Oh, and one last comment re the Channing Tatum character. That whole reveal took me completely by surprise. I never realized there was a "missing" cast member and honestly, I'd never even heard of Channing Tatum before so that meant nothing to me. So when the brother popped up out of nowhere---like, WOW, man!
    I love everything you wrote and agree with everything, even your dislike for Four Rooms and From Dusk Till Dawn. I just couldn't get into them. But your final statement really caught me by surprise. How have you never heard of Channing Tatum? You seem to be pretty up on film and he's kind of been all over the place over the last 5 years. Even if you haven't seen any of his films, he's well known as a heartthrob. Although, as a man, it's understandable that you haven't followed that portion of his career.

As weird as it may seem, I don't follow the goings on in Hollywood or who's "hot" or who's the next big thing. Sure, I'll see some HW blockbusters if they get good reviews or word-of-mouth, but most movies are surprises to me when they show up. I didn't even know there was going to be another Star Wars movie until about a week before it was released. I just don't pay attention. For example, I do know there is a Dark Tower movie in the works (maybe?), but only because of the thread here on the forums. Most of the recent discussion is on whether a guy named Iris Elba should play Roland. I've never heard of him either and still couldn't tell you anything he's been in.

I *do* know who Jennifer Lawrence is because I think she's cute.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before, but I will never, ever, understand how Pulp Fiction is anyone's #1 QT film.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I love Planet Terror.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I've said it before, but I will never, ever, understand how Pulp Fiction is anyone's #1 QT film.
    Perhaps it's misplaced sentimentality; Pulp was the first QT movie I watched. In high school, my buddy and I would crank call people using the Samuel Jackson soundboard. I concede it may not be his smoothest film, but it was an innovation, as far as I'm concerned, and people's rankings, at the end of the day, are wildly subjective. [I would also like to point out its his #1 rated movie--not that that means much, but that's a whole lotta not understanding.]

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Planet Terror.

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just viewed the Hateful 8 for the fourth time and it occurred to me. Did anyone else catch what I thought was a BIG blooper?

Spoiler:
    Tim Roth, asks Walter Goggins if he has the "Lincoln Letter" as he knows there is someone in the stagecoach party that has one. Yet, there is no way he could know as, Sam Jackson is an unexpected guest. Seemed like an unusual mis-step by, QT. Especially considering the relative importance of the letter in the plot thread.
    4th time??? How could anyone sit through this 4 times. lol
    its possible Jennifer Leigh (prisoner) let him know somehow.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Just viewed the Hateful 8 for the fourth time and it occurred to me. Did anyone else catch what I thought was a BIG blooper?

Spoiler:
    Tim Roth, asks Walter Goggins if he has the "Lincoln Letter" as he knows there is someone in the stagecoach party that has one. Yet, there is no way he could know as, Sam Jackson is an unexpected guest. Seemed like an unusual mis-step by, QT. Especially considering the relative importance of the letter in the plot thread.

Nope. Not in the footage we were given anyway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

Spoiler:
    SPOILER

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast