Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Very interesting Mattrick. It's been so long since I had read the story, I forgot how King described one the things in the mist. It does pretty much sound like the monster in Cloverfield.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Can't they just for once leave a successful movie alone.

Unfortunately, they can't. The way Hollywood is right now, if a movie does well, it's automatically open to a sequel.

Then again, if Terminator and Alien stopped after one film, we would have been robbed of two great films.

As far as a sequel is concerned, I love Mal's idea of seeing it from a mounted camera on a soldier. It's different and it's still stays with the same format.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Hmmm that is an interesting idea. Turns out there were two cam corder tapes of the incident and one of those was from a soldiers perspective. That is kind of a cool idea.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Can't they just for once leave a successful movie alone.

Unfortunately, they can't. The way Hollywood is right now, if a movie does well, it's automatically open to a sequel.

Then again, if Terminator and Alien stopped after one film, we would have been robbed of two great films.

As far as a sequel is concerned, I love Mal's idea of seeing it from a mounted camera on a soldier. It's different and it's still stays with the same format.
    It's not different though. The problem with the first person perspective is it's so limited in story telling. What would this soldier be doing that's so enthralling besides shooting at the monster with an assualt rifle? It would make a genre defining film into a generic series.

To make it realisitc they would have to do lots of research into the military, proceedures etc. It would involve many meetings and army jargon which, if done realisitc, would be jargon to many people. Not to mention camera's soldier wear are often streaming to a destination source. It couldn't work the same way as Cloverfield. What made this movie so good what that it's gimmick is (besides blair witch) is fresh and original. Doing the same format again would not only hinder the first movie's genius but would be just dishing out more of the same. The problem with sequels is that they only up the ante from the original without offering much new; this is what made Aliens and Terminator 2 such great sequels.

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw it the weekend it came out, and again last night with the gf. She got a little dizzy, but absolutely refused to go get some fresh air because she "might miss something".

Also...

Spoiler:
    someone made a comment about the monster not being the only one? I know it, logically, has to be one member of a species... but were more than one awakened by the falling satellite?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    With the King comment on 'the Mist being a prequel to cloverfield' this paragraph alone made me wonder.
    Where was this?

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone posted it here somewhere. Check a couple pages back Fedic or maybe the news forum.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Default Cloverfield

when i watched Cloverfield, i was bored to death im between the monster and those spideriy parasite thing attacks, but i saw what looked like a new monster at every point, it looked weird as hell and, you know what, theres videos on speculation of two monsters and other bullshit, speculation on this tiny-ass splash at the end of the movie, and this thing being a sea monster and crap, but the truth is, THEY'RE ALL WRONG! THERES NO DIFINITIVE ANSWER! from what i can tell, the Cloverfield monster is actualy two simliar CGIs and each time we see the fucker from a distace is slightly modifed to keep us going "What the Fuck?" each time we manage to see it. the backstory from the blog and the Manga (theres a Manga, yes its true, but i never wasted time tring to find it let alone read it) are all ploys to keep us guessing and to keep us the palm of their hands! if they make a sequel its going to blow away the box office because of the confusing dead-end clues that the first movie and "official" blog/Manga gave us. i looked over clips from the movie several times and couldn't figure out what the monster looked like, ether the head was different or it walked different or it was a different color or what the fuck. second, those things that came off it are different too, first their spidery, then their these flattened ceiling crawli- fuck it! i cant organize these millions of oddity clips that i find on the internet or that i saw in the movie. what ever its foucusing on looks different every time i see it.

bottom line, dont lose sleep over where it came from, or what it looks like, cause you wont get any answer no matter how hard you look at it.

as a bonus, anyone who can find me a pictrue of the original Godzilla kicking the Cloverfield monster in the face or nuts gets every single beam buck i have, and im up to about 5000 now.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

based off how you described the cloverfield monster. do i win?

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

let me just go on the record by saying i really like cloverfield, and totally understood what they were trying to do with the monster.

that being said - razz that was the funniest thing i've seen all day!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved Cloverfield, and didn't have any problem with the monster whatsoever. I don't remember there being so many inconsistencies with it. Maybe it was because we just got to see quick glances of it that I didn't notice any differences.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

see, i dont hate the movie, i dont dislike it, but i was really kinda bored watching it. that large rant i posted wasn't speaking against it, it was just my opinion on the incosistances that i noticed with the monster in it.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i've been wanting to see the movie since it came out, but the talk on tv before it came out made it seem like it sucked. then i heard it was good, and my wish to see it was renewed

Quote Originally Posted by razz2008 View Post
    i've been wanting to see the movie since it came out, but the talk on tv before it came out made it seem like it sucked. then i heard it was good, and my wish to see it was renewed
    definitely rent it, unless you're prone to motion sickness. i thought all that talk was bullshit but a friend of mine who saw it in the theatre said he had to leave to throw up and just couldn't go back in. he said he tried to rent it and it wasn't as bad but he still got sick.

watch the alternate endings.

a lot of people bashed it becaused they say it was too much like the Blair Witch project.

i never saw blairwitch so i can't speak to that subject.

a lot like Cloverfield, except they don't show the antagonist at all.

worth renting?

i suppose. don't watch it in the morning. only in the evening as the sun goes down for best enjoyment. only buy it if you see it at goodwill or something.

Definately check it out Razz. The only way in which it's similar to Blair Witch is the style in which it was filmed. For some reason alot of people have a problem with that type of filming so will automatically dub it as being bad because it's not all nice and clean looking. However, in my opinion, I think it makes the film more realistic, and draws you in so you feel as if you're right there with them, and seeing what they're seeing. I really didn't find the camera to be that shaky, but that could just be me. And you do get glimpses of the monster, unlike Blair Witch, just not long extended scenes of it.

It's one of the best movies I've seen in quite awhile. The whole audience I saw it with was really into it. And I think it is one of those films that is really better off being viewed on the big screen, however don't let that stop you from renting it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

i hear diary of the dead was filmed like that too.

I think it is, but I haven't seen it yet.

well i gotta see it. cloverfield, DotD, etc.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, only idiots think this movie was like Blair Witch Project. These would be the same idiots that think Star Trek and Star Wars are the same because they are in space and that Braveheart and Gladiator were the same because it's aussies playing non-aussie's with swords.

The Cloverfield monster is the same always, after watching the special features it was much easier to tell.

TO OP, as for the 'where it came from' etc, we've been told. Clover is a young monster who came up to the surface due to being disturbed by a company (same Robert Hawkings was going to Tokyo to work for) with undersea oil drilling. It destroys the oil platform, moved north along the coast when it encounters a fallen satellite covered with alien parasites which then attach to Clover, enraging it...this is when it finds New York City.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

wow. i just read that all at once, and i came out with
    "Cloverfield was a young monster looking for work when he saw Stephen Hawkings and aliens drilling for oil in an undersea satellite"

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    TO OP, as for the 'where it came from' etc, we've been told. Clover is a young monster who came up to the surface due to being disturbed by a company (same Robert Hawkings was going to Tokyo to work for) with undersea oil drilling. It destroys the oil platform, moved north along the coast when it encounters a fallen satellite covered with alien parasites which then attach to Clover, enraging it...this is when it finds New York City.
    Where did you hear this?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast