Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

Traveler mikeccp is on a distinguished road

In seeing both movies now im thinking that just maybe king is going to do the same with his movie projects as he did with his books. I think that the environment is being set and when the dark tower movies start to role out both movies will have a part to play in it. Remember the vast plagues and horrible disasters that were unset on Roland's and "other" worlds when the tower was first attacked.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not seen Cloverfield yet, but I took it to mean they were both gritty, exciting, scare-fests.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Now I'm confused.
    Is Cloverfield a King project somehow?
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Without giving away either movie, King's comment was not meant to infer the stories were in any way officially tied together, more along the lines of "strange things appear in Maine, and are travelling south (The Mist), and strange things appear in New York City (Cloverfield)."
    No offense, but The Oracle is really intended more for official news, and less towards speculation.
    This thread and others like it will likely be moved to Fedic Station.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Without giving away either movie, King's comment was not meant to infer the stories were in any way officially tied together, more along the lines of "strange things appear in Maine, and are travelling south (The Mist), and strange things appear in New York City (Cloverfield)."
    No offense, but The Oracle is really intended more for official news, and less towards speculation.
    This thread and others like it will likely be moved to Fedic Station.

None taken.

That's why you are probably a moderator and I am a noob.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am only here for you. A group of one is not a group.
    I do think that a little elaboration on King's part would be appreciated.

One who came back Malficeus is on a distinguished road Malficeus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i only saw one short connection so this is a crap spoiler

a building falls and the dust makes it look like the set of the mist commericals.. but other than that no connection

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
    -"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Enormous monsters destroying shit. That's the connection.

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default and

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    With tentacles......can't forget the tentacles.
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I haven't seen Cloverfield, so I can't comment on tentacles.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Some people are just not great with motion, it doesn't make them stupid.
    I'm not good with motion, especially spinning. Problem with this movie is that YOU'RE NOT IN MOTION. So yes, it does If you were epilleptic (sp?) I could see. Just sit at the back of the theatre.
    Sorry man, it doesn't. I don't have to be moving to become ill from certain camera angles.

I'm far from stupid.

We can start a thread to discuss it if you like but general characterizations like this reflect very poorly on a person imo.

If you want to call everyone who gets motion sickness from freakish cameral angles (like a show about rollar coasters) stupid, that is your business. But its not a very informed opinion.

Now, back to Cloverfield!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

I watched the interview this morning, I think that was it.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Someone on another message board said that there is a scene towards the end of the movie where you can see a giant splash in the harbor, a little Easter egg with the main monster landing or coming out of the ocean. Has anyone else seen this?

Matt spoiler below
    Spoiler:
    Yes Matt is stupid but he is my kind of stupid
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Yeah, its really bad for me you guys. I'm going to have to do this one at home for sure.
    don't feel bad Matt....I am not much of a gamer, but the rest of my family are hardcore ....So I wanted to partake in some gaming too.....I figured OK I would try MYST on the Xbox , I like puzzles....they were all excited and bought MYST for me ... I was doing ok for a bit ....I got to this part were I had to keep going up and down this elevator...SUDDENLY the whole world was spinning ...I was SO DIZZY ...I felt like I was going pass out cold.....I had to lay back and put my feet up on a pillow for 1/2 hour while my BF held a cold cloth to my forehead......I felt so silly....
    KIT

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I took my 16 and 10 year old girls to watch Cloverfield yesterday afternoon ( $4 each ). We all loved it. It kept us on the edge of our seats once the action got started. I found that with no background music you could not anticipate any scare.

The other movie we loved last fall was Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. ( Bad dad taking his 10 year old to a R rated film ) But truthfully, I don't know why it got an R. I heard the word sh*t three or four times in song and my girls found the neck slashing comical with all the spurting blood.

My kids have watched the horror genre with their father since they were very young. Never a nightmare. They have always know it's just make believe for entertainment sake.
    When I was 7 my father brought us to see Jaws at the Drive In after my mother forbid it.......we thought Dad was the coolest...I sure your kids feel the same way!!!!!!!
    KIT

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kithereal View Post
    Yeah, its really bad for me you guys. I'm going to have to do this one at home for sure.
    don't feel bad Matt....I am not much of a gamer, but the rest of my family are hardcore ....So I wanted to partake in some gaming too.....I figured OK I would try MYST on the Xbox , I like puzzles....they were all excited and bought MYST for me ... I was doing ok for a bit ....I got to this part were I had to keep going up and down this elevator...SUDDENLY the whole world was spinning ...I was SO DIZZY ...I felt like I was going pass out cold.....I had to lay back and put my feet up on a pillow for 1/2 hour while my BF held a cold cloth to my forehead......I felt so silly....
    KIT
    That's pretty much exactly what I get on a whole host of stuff. If there is a warning on the box about motion (and lights, that does it as well), I might as well skip it

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

So have you seen Cloverfield yet, Matt?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummm...no

When's the next helicopter to town?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

careful not to look at the smiley too hard matt, you may pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    careful not to look at the smiley too hard matt, you may pass out.
    Ohhhh shit!

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy check THIS one out Matt!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure...I pour my heart out and get nothing but proverbial pokes in the eye.

I can take it.

**shuts the board down**

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

I loved Cloverfield. As far as the "Army can't shoot" phrase that was said over and over...

They could shoot and aim just fine. They just couldn't hurt it.

One who came back Malficeus is on a distinguished road Malficeus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Grillslinger View Post
    I loved Cloverfield. As far as the "Army can't shoot" phrase that was said over and over...

They could shoot and aim just fine. They just couldn't hurt it.
    lol i know but my friend is a marine and as a future one had to point it out as a joke.

but think about the ending and how the people died... who killed them?... THE ARMY'S bombs

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
    -"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by Malficeus View Post

but think about the ending and how the people died... who killed them?... THE ARMY'S bombs
    It wasn't clear to me what killed them exactly, it seemed like it could easily have been the big monster crushing the bridge they were under for all you could see, just a lot of rubble.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast