Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Hmm, i remember when it used to be affordable to do that. Adult tix generally cost about $16 each here. Fucked.
    Holy cow! $16? I'd probably only see a movie a year or something crappy like that at those prices. Here it's $7.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Hmm, i remember when it used to be affordable to do that. Adult tix generally cost about $16 each here. Fucked.
    Holy cow! $16? I'd probably only see a movie a year or something crappy like that at those prices. Here it's $7.
    From what I've heard, media in any form costs alot more more down there than anywhere else. Trent Reznor from NIN told people in Aus. that they should steal all cd's until the companies realize they should stop fucking them over.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best), how would you rate Cloverfield?
    I would give it a 9
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post

No, it's more Sci-Fi than horror. It's still a thriller.
    Listen missy! Do you need me to come down to New York and smack you?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

I give it a 10.
    We have been looking forward to the movie since July when we saw the first trailer with The Transformers movie...
    It did not dissapoint.
    I hear on my LOST group that people went to shows where some people were really sick during the movie.....although NOTHING like that happened at the movie theatre we went to .......I think it is the power of suggestion....people hear the warning and basically make themselves sick. ( if you can handle a ride sim like back to the future or star tours you should have no problem ...because this is nothing )
    It was awesome the hand held technique added with CG effects made all the cg more realistic...the dialogue was snappy and witty as one would expect from the LOST crew and it was suspenseful and I was really scared....

KIT

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Although, I am only talking about seeing the movie in the theaters. If there is a really good movie that I see at the movies, I might rent it or even buy it on DVD. One example being Rob Zombie's Holloween. It never gets old!
    well, this may expose the level of my dorkiness, but i think i saw the X-Files movie like 8 times in the theater.

i really liked it.

plus it's just fun to go out and see a movie on the big screen, i think.

i'm really looking forward to seeing Cloverfield! i just want to know what the hell is tearing the city apart. damn marketing was genious, wasn't it?

Big spoiler for you Mike, read if you dare.

Spoiler:
    It's not just one thing

I can't wait to see it again. Oh and I loved the X-Files movie, I saw it three times.

[

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Although, I am only talking about seeing the movie in the theaters. If there is a really good movie that I see at the movies, I might rent it or even buy it on DVD. One example being Rob Zombie's Holloween. It never gets old!
    Ouch. Really, ouch. I wouldn't even accept that DVD as a Christmas gift. I'd be pissed. If you liked that, in relation to your 1-10 scale question, Cloverfield will be a 67.

I saw the movie about a week ago so I want to see it again. Was front row at a preview screening and it was tough to seen everything. But it added to the size and experience of everything.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally got to see the movie, and it did not disappoint. I'd probably give it a 9, and the only reason not a 10 was because I thought a few of the things that happened near the end of the film were a bit unrealistic, but then I had to remind myself that it was a monster movie which in itself is unrealistic.
    It was definately a very tense movie. And pretty different from most movies that have come out recently. I really liked the way that it was shot, and how it only focused on a select few people and showed what happened from their perspective. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Movie 4.

So disappointing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I took my 16 and 10 year old girls to watch Cloverfield yesterday afternoon ( $4 each ). We all loved it. It kept us on the edge of our seats once the action got started. I found that with no background music you could not anticipate any scare.

The other movie we loved last fall was Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. ( Bad dad taking his 10 year old to a R rated film ) But truthfully, I don't know why it got an R. I heard the word sh*t three or four times in song and my girls found the neck slashing comical with all the spurting blood.

My kids have watched the horror genre with their father since they were very young. Never a nightmare. They have always know it's just make believe for entertainment sake.

Along the Path of the Beam Vasagi is on a distinguished road Vasagi's Avatar

I've heard a lot of good things about Cloverfield ... definitely looking forward to seeing it. Like everything else though ... it will probably have to wait 'till it hits DVD

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kithereal View Post
    I give it a 10.
    We have been looking forward to the movie since July when we saw the first trailer with The Transformers movie...
    It did not dissapoint.
    I hear on my LOST group that people went to shows where some people were really sick during the movie.....although NOTHING like that happened at the movie theatre we went to .......I think it is the power of suggestion....people hear the warning and basically make themselves sick. ( if you can handle a ride sim like back to the future or star tours you should have no problem ...because this is nothing )
    It was awesome the hand held technique added with CG effects made all the cg more realistic...the dialogue was snappy and witty as one would expect from the LOST crew and it was suspenseful and I was really scared....

KIT
    If we're talking about the motion of the camera, that would get me in an instant.

I was able to ride "back to the future" at universal, but just barely
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

If we're talking about the motion of the camera, that would get me in an instant.

I was able to ride "back to the future" at universal, but just barely
    Really,... give it a shot because it isn't that bad...I mentioned back to the Future as a example ..If you have seen Blair Witch you will be fine Cloverfield doesn't come close to the motion of the camera in BW.
    I mentioned the motion sickness only because I felt that people were making themselves sick because they heard it MIGHT MAKE THE SICK.

It is really worth a shot

KIT

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah the camera movements in the film weren't bad at all. I can't imagine someone would actually get sick from it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are worried about getting motion sickness, I would say just make sure you get to the movie early and get a seat near the back of the theater.

Sitting toward the front will make it that much worse. I noticed a few people that got up and moved farther back in the theater.

I would give Cloverfield an 8.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, its really bad for me you guys. I'm going to have to do this one at home for sure.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah the camera movements in the film weren't bad at all. I can't imagine someone would actually get sick from it.
    I smoked a fat blunt minutes before the movie started, had to travel on a train for an hour to get to the movie, walk fifteen blocks and I hadn't slept in about 40 hrs and was sitting in the front row and I wasn't the least bit sick from it. People are just, plain, stupid.

Yeah, its really bad for me you guys. I'm going to have to do this one at home for sure.
    Well, just in case... here, take this..

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King, The Mist, Cloverfield

Stephen King was on the Today Show this morning. He made the offhand comment that the Mist was "sort of a prequel to Cloverfield."

I haven't gotten to see either yet, but plan on watching at least the Mist... For anyone who has seen both, are they actually related at all, or was that out of context, or just referring to style, or what?
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Some people are just not great with motion, it doesn't make them stupid.

Don't be sad, just take my Hello Kitty barf bag.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Itd depend on what they had asked him, my guess itd be referring to style or subject matter or "what people should expect" when going to see it, maybe.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Some people are just not great with motion, it doesn't make them stupid.
    I'm not good with motion, especially spinning. Problem with this movie is that YOU'RE NOT IN MOTION. So yes, it does If you were epilleptic (sp?) I could see. Just sit at the back of the theatre.

One who came back Malficeus is on a distinguished road Malficeus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

im sorry to say but ill be generous 3 yes as good as everyone else says it sucked to me... there was really no plot but monster loose in NY, ARMY cant shoot, obsession with a camera, ARMY cant shoot, oh did i mention the AMRY cant SHOOT. this to me was a compliment to every godzilla movie made(every).

My Suggestions:
    1.dont waste money
    2. if you still go take some motion sickness pills
    3. best movie to sit in and make fun of(like X-Men 3!!!)

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
    -"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast