Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

:check: Cloverfield

Just watched it and loved it. It had me at the edge of my seat through most of the movie.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where there any well known actors or actresses in it?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

If there were famous actors/actresses in it, it would take away from the prmeise of the movie. I might go see it tomorrow night, or on monday.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Just watched it and loved it. It had me at the edge of my seat through most of the movie.
    But you're a pussy anyway!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post

No. Thankfully.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

You are what you eat.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

You are what you eat.

Then put me down as one.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

You're on the list ATG

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Just bumping this so All Hail will see it!

You should look up the thread Jon.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Reminds me of one of the last lines in "Survivor". "If you are what you eat then I haven't changed a bit!"

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The only recognizable actress to me was Lizy Kaplan.

She was on the short lived CBS sitcom The Class.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking I'll move this one to Fedic you guys. Basically movie talk no?

But I don't mind it having its own thread
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Good idea, it's a "Thriller/Action" movie anyway.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Yeah, after I made it, I saw I should have put it in this forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post

More horror than anything else.

By the way folks reading this thread, the movie is so good I'll be going to see it again. Go see this movie!

Country
    Country Flag

You are seeing it twice? That is a little much even if it is the best movie ever.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

You are seeing it twice? That is a little much even if it is the best movie ever.
    Twice is a little much for you even for the best movie ever? Is that just your opinion for movies or do you never read a book twice either?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to see this!

Oh, and I totally get what All Hail was saying. If I love a movie, I'll see it multiple times in the theatre. If you enjoy it, what's wrong with that?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, i remember when it used to be affordable to do that. Adult tix generally cost about $16 each here. Fucked.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Country
    Country Flag

Twice is a little much for you even for the best movie ever? Is that just your opinion for movies or do you never read a book twice either?
    It is just my opinion about movies. I can read a good book over 5 times.

Country
    Country Flag

Although, I am only talking about seeing the movie in the theaters. If there is a really good movie that I see at the movies, I might rent it or even buy it on DVD. One example being Rob Zombie's Holloween. It never gets old!

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post

More horror than anything else.
    No, it's more Sci-Fi than horror. It's still a thriller.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Country
    Country Flag

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best), how would you rate Cloverfield?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast