Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Uploading images, and adding a picture to your signature

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thankies....but still, my kingdom for photoshop! This was done with a google picture and the text boxes on MSPaint XDDDD

thanks anyhow X3

Unofficial Doctor Who Obsessor Club Created by IR:
    IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm having some trouble too. I made a banner in photoshop that I want to put in my sig, but it's saying it's too large. The original file is 55.1kb, and I can save it smaller but I can only get it down to about 23kb, and it looses the quality of the pic, and that's still over the 2kb limit. The actual size of the pic is only 404 by 151, which is within the restrictions. So my question is, how can I make it small enough that I can add it to my sig without affecting the quality of the picture. Is that even possible?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

PM it to me Heather, I am not sure why its having a problem but I've never been greatly pleased by the process.

I'll get it in there though.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks Matt, it's on it's way.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes the format of the picture makes it a larger file size. You can change the format by "saving as" and convert say a GIf image to a JPEG and it very well be a much smaller file size.
    The advantage of JPEG is that it can carry a smaller file size than GIF when used in storing photographs and images with a wide variety of shading.
    Here are two images as examples. The first is a GIF and is 2.58 KB. The second is the same image as a Jpeg and is 1.62 KB.

yep, I saved it as a jpeg, but it was still quite big for some reason

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We will let Matt have a try at it since you have PM'd it to him.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Should be good to go now Heather.

Fantastic, thanks Matt!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've never been greatly pleased by the process.

I'll get it in there though.

*snickers*
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Disturbed Angel is on a distinguished road Disturbed Angel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have made a banner on PS, it 200x500 but bigger than 2k and i cant get it to show, I keep getting the error message.

I can host it so don't need you to host it, but do I need to make it 2k, coz I tried and its impossible - please help

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ok, that was too much fun..... my personal favorite..... Anal Spank Joy

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

The note says: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 2.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
    So it doesn't have to be both, the problem must be somwhere else I think...

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Disturbed Angel is on a distinguished road Disturbed Angel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Signature Pics are limited to 200 pixels high x 500 Pixles wide.
    Argh - has it changed to 500x100, I only read the first post to see what size I was allowed!

Talk to Matt, he might be able to get it up for you. I've had trouble with them in the past too.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You could send me a PM and as long as it fits guidelines, I'll throw it in there for you.

Country
    Country Flag

One PM has been sent - my very first

Thanks

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go, its a beautiful picture.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow you is fast!

Thank you so much

Nice, I like it.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I think you have to have 5 posts before you can go in under User CP to edit your avatar and signature. I think.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

as always, you are correct madame.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by benderkoz View Post
    Can someone tell me how to add a pic on the left of my post, and how to edit my signature.
    Thanks.
    To battle SPAM (which I am sure you are not) we had to set a 5 post minimum to use the bells and whistles.

Feel free to go and introduce yourself and stuff like that, you'll be there before you know it.

And this will probably be merged into a thread in The Dogan before too long.

Welcome to the site!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. The question was answered for you by others. I am going to merge this into the Q&A section in the tech area with a 1 day redirect.
    Hope to see you on the boards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast