34 54.84%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

35 56.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1131

Thread: The Official Harry Potter Book Discussion

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Day 22 - Saddest moment in the series?

Fred dying...I bawled like a baby!!!! It shouldn't have happened!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 23 - Favourite moment from the series?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    Harry summoning Patronus in The Prisoner of Azkaban

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Molly:
    [After Bellatrix aims a Killing Curse at Ginny] NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!!!!
    [To Bellatrix] You — will — never — touch — our — children — again!

That part.
    I threw the book down and cheered.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the moment that sticks out most in my mind is when Harry, Hermione and Ron were at Luna's house and saw her painting of them all on the ceiling with "friends, friends, friends" written around it, I found that really touching.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, this too

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Just one??? UM, I think it would have to be Dudley saying goodbye to Harry in the last book! Very touching moment after a lifetime of making him miserable!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There were too many for me to select just one. All those mentioned above, plus the last scene, wherein we learned what happened after the death of Voldemort, One-eye's "discipline" of Draco, etc., etc.

John

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Neville's shining moment at the end of HP7 when he kills Nagini. I love that everyone, including all these powerful witches and wizards are standing there, but it's Neville who steps forward and stands up to Voldemort. I cheered outloud.

I also love the scene when Harry visits his old house in Godric's Hollow and sees all the messages of support people have written to him on the signs. That really moved me.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Molly:
    [After Bellatrix aims a Killing Curse at Ginny] NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!!!!
    [To Bellatrix] You — will — never — touch — our — children — again!

That part.
    I threw the book down and cheered.
    I was so excited at this point and was squirming in my seat....lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 24 - Best duel/fight

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 24 - Best duel/fight
    Going off of what Chris said earlier, I'd have to say the Bellatrix/Molly duel. I love that through the whole series all anyone had ever seen Molly Weasley do was cook, clean and act motherly. Then all of a sudden she's duling and using magic that is a challenge even for Voldemort's right hand witch. It's great that Bellatrix laughs at her at first when Molly starts dueling her, but quickly realizes she may be screwed.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Molly/Beatrix of course.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if it can be considered a fight, but I was very impressed and very shocked - still am, in fact - by how Cedric died; just here one moment and gone the next, without any speeches, preliminaries, ritual dances as the ones that always accompany deaths in fiction, especially in fantasy... no, it was just - - - and he was lying there, dead. I don't think I've ever read anything like this in a fantasy, adventure, or any other genre book.

My Mood
    Bitchy

That's so true, Jean - I'd never quite realised that before.

Day 25 - The epilogue - love it or hate it, why?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 24 - Best duel/fight
    Harry and Voldemort after Cedric's death, but also Hermione punching Malfoy was one of my best ever moments

I loved it. I wanted to know how things turned out, to know that everything was good for the characters I'd loved, I thought it had a perfect balance of sentimentality and realism (within the story).

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What Elvira said--I also loved it for the same reasons.

John

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 24 - Best duel/fight
    will have to go with the whole Molly/Beatrice battle because as I said earlier I was squirming the whole time reading it.

I liked it. due to the fact that all was wrapped up within "19" years. Neville became a teacher. and of course Harry getting Ginny in the end. Plus I love the fact that Hermione made Ron get a drivers license.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Lurking

Day 24 - Best duel/fight
    Has to be Molly/Bella great moment!!!

Both! Was happy to hear who was together...but I wanted more more more LOL

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 26 - If you could work one spell without a wand what would it be?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Accio whatever. I get so tired of forgetting something, then having to get up to get it!

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It'd just be so handy, wouldn't it!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Day 26 - If you could work one spell without a wand what would it be?
    I agree with John, that would be awesome.

I'd also like to know what my patronus is. I'm curious.

My Mood
    Bitchy

Then you may like the next question, Erin!

Day 27 - What would your patronus be?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My Patronus would probably be a cat. I'm always curious about things.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast