34 54.84%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

35 56.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Harry Potter Book Discussion

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

you've somehow read the final book already?

how'd you manage that?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been leaked on the internet. NicOlai posted pretty much all relevant spoilers of the last book at TDT's HP thread the other day.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

i saw all of those. i'm still saying that i'm not sure i believe those are real. they really contradict themselves in a lot of places.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

the pdf's are easy to find, i'm sure some are real. there's even a homemade audiobook. that stuff is tempting but i'm waiting for the book to come out, seems like i'd be cheating myself if i read a free version before i enjoy the one i paid for.

holy cow, did he spoil the shit out of the book.

if what he's said is correct, that is.

it's not completely in line with everything else i've seen, though.

who knows. i'm still super excited!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean
    i saw all of those. i'm still saying that i'm not sure i believe those are real. they really contradict themselves in a lot of places.
    Spoiler:
    they don't only contradict themselves, they contradict the very spirit of the book. I didn't believe a word he posted. Happy ever after? "All was well"? That could be the final sentence??? Oh please.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarajean
    Spoiler:
    they don't only contradict themselves, they contradict the very spirit of the book. I didn't believe a word he posted. Happy ever after? "All was well"? That could be the final sentence??? Oh please.
    Well, I hope it isn't, because if it is, you just spoiled it for me.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I didn't think that could really be a spoiler, - I'll put it in a spoiler box immediately lest anyone else get hurt.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

I still gotta read book 6!
    *hides from spoilers*
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post
    I still gotta read book 6!
    *hides from spoilers*

I thought you refused to read them?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

I am 80 pages in, and it is really really good. Back to reading!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished!!! It was fucking amazing...well worth the wait!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think my daughter is almost there too...I'm going to have to gag her.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I started reading at 10am this morning and finished at around 9.50pm - obviously had to take breaks to make breakfast, lunch and tea for the kids and occasionally stop them from wrecking the house/each other...but Rob, noticing I was in a serious reading trance, tried to keep them as occupied as possible

I got a text from my brother in law saying "Three guesses what you're doing today - I can smell the pages burning from miles away!" and when another friend phoned she said "Sorry to interrupt your reading but..." I'm a certified bookworm!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I have 2 copies and have yet to open the cover...

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

it came in the mail while i was sleeping i didn't expect to have it so soon. i'm gonna try real hard to make this one last a while, at least until i can't stand it anymore and have to finish it all at once. i would say i can't stand it now but i have to work for the next four nights and i don't want it covered in grease and itching powder so it's staying home.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    it came in the mail while i was sleeping i didn't expect to have it so soon. i'm gonna try real hard to make this one last a while, at least until i can't stand it anymore and have to finish it all at once. i would say i can't stand it now but i have to work for the next four nights and i don't want it covered in grease and itching powder so it's staying home.
    We've been cleaning the house and packing for our big move. So, no reading for right now.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

only on 196, the baby won't let me read!! AARRGGHHHHH I didn't start until 10:30am cause I never went out last night, but, come on! I want to READ!!!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Amused

heh...I keep looking at the cover

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Do it Mordred!!

Nerak, kids are so inconsiderate I had to stop myself from being snappy with mine everytime they interrupted my reading, poor things

Country
    Country Flag

gr gr gr gr gr gr GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

::bangs head against wall::

::disconsolate::

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Nerak, kids are so inconsiderate I had to stop myself from being snappy with mine everytime they interrupted my reading, poor things
    especially a one month old!!

How dare he expect attention when I have a Potter book to read!!!

I got another 40 pages into it after he went to bed and befor eI coudln't keep my eyes open any longer...it's getting goooooooooooood!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

drake and i getting ready to head out to the midnight release...i wish you could really see my whole outfit, and read my tee shirt. i wore the tie backwards, and had on a plaid skirt and flip flops...i went as a witch who couldn't get the hang of the whole dressing like a muggle thing:

i started reading at about 3:30 in the morning. i got a call from my dad at 5 am and he said "sorry to call so early, but i figured you'd be up reading your book." finished just before 4 pm. would have had it done sooner if i hadn't had to take care of babbies and run errands. stupid life.

My Mood
    Amused

I'm on page 20 WOOHOOO!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My daughter should be done today and then I expect to loose Dora for the duration.

I suppose with so many done, we should create a thread where people can talk about it.

HP Series **Spoiler Thread!!**

holy shit, I can't wait to read it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast