• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

34 54.84%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

35 56.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Harry Potter Book Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not everybody gets into the same things right away!

And of course you were at the over night thing! You were, what, 12 at the time? You were won over immediately!

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

lmfao I wasn't 12 when TDH came out

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

GoF is really good Feev... I still can't decide which HP is my fav, but I think it was up there.

I really need to re-read them again, maybe I'll put them on my Christmas reading list.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of people have listed GoF as their favorite, so I'm anxious to see what it's all about and how it measures up to the first three.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

SJ, PoA used to be my favorite followed by Goblet of Fire. I reread the entire series this summer and my order changed up a bit.

The Deathly Hallows
    The Goblet of Fire
    The Half Blood Prince
    The Prisoner if Azkaban
    The Order of the Phoenix
    The Chamber of Secrets
    The Sorcerer's Stone

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Yeah I definitely need to do a reread...

*puts HP on my Christmas break reading list*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to get the hardcover GoF, but that sucker is like $30+!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Yeah, some people criticize books without reading them and say they're NEVER gonna' read them...not that I'm talking about anyone specific.

MY GOF was about $75 or so. I got the collector's edition when it first came out.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it as soon as it came out too, and I was a LOT older than 12!

John

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yeah, some people criticize books without reading them and say they're NEVER gonna' read them...not that I'm talking about anyone specific.
    Yeah, who was that? We should stone that bastard!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For real!

I was about a year or two late getting started on the series myself.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<--didn't start the series until 2000 when The Goblet of Fire was released.

I wasn't against it I just hadn't heard of it till then. My mom was the one who told me it was a must read.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

I didn't start the series until right before PoA the film was released.
    I wouldn't read them before then because it was witchcraft and that's from the devil.

Bahahahaha.

(but seriously... that's what I thought.)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    I didn't start the series until right before PoA the film was released.
    I wouldn't read them before then because it was witchcraft and that's from the devil.

Bahahahaha.

(but seriously... that's what I thought.)
    I live in the bible belt and I can tell you...it is frightening how many people seriously believe that. Our local Waldenbooks had a crazy lady who came in who regularly got kicked out because she'd approach customers telling them of the evils of HP or just start shouting across the store about it.

If you rescue me

Oh yes. I voiced my opinion to many many people throughout middle school and the first two years of high school about it. I honestly believed (and the church I attended back then taught) that HP was an evil thing that was getting Satan into the lives of children.

I'm better now. Whew.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My cousin felt the same way until I persuaded her to read Sorcerer's Stone. (She's now 70 years old, a day-care provider and used to be a Roman Catholic num). She now sees how great the series is, and has read them all!

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Oh yes. I voiced my opinion to many many people throughout middle school and the first two years of high school about it. I honestly believed (and the church I attended back then taught) that HP was an evil thing that was getting Satan into the lives of children.

I'm better now. Whew.
    I used to make fun of you.

I'm sorry!

If you rescue me

No worries Brice, I deserved to be made fun of back in the day.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started reading them for two reasons:
    1) My sister kept nagging me and we tend to like the same books.
    2) I saw movie 2 and thought it was actually pretty good (at the time) and convinced myself the book just HAD to be better (as most books are).

I believe the first four had been released already when I began.
    Great series and I recently finished an audio/reread of them so I'd have to put my order as such:

Hallows
    Order
    Prisoner
    Half Blood
    Goblet
    Chamber
    Stone

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i didn't start reading them until the summer before TDH came out.... i don't remember who convinced me though.... oh yes i do! i'd read On Writing and i figured if Sai King said it was good, it must be. i need to reread too to put them in the right order.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little more than halfway through Goblet of Fire ...

Spoiler:
    So there's a spell for finding out what spell/curse was last used on a wand, a spell that can determine if a student is really over the age of 17, but there's no spell that can determine something as simple as identifying if the student putting his/her name in the Goblet is really there own?

Heh. Nope.
    That would be farrrrrr too easy.

Gotta love selective magic.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just wondering about how everyone liked The Tales of Beedle the Bard? I know it's a kid's book, but I really enjoyed the notes by Dumbledore at the end of each story.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well my hubby just bought that for me for Christmas. And what I mean is that I bought it and handed it to him and told him to wrap this up for under the tree. so what I'm saying is, I haven't read it yet.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little more than halfway through Goblet of Fire ...

Spoiler:
    So there's a spell for finding out what spell/curse was last used on a wand, a spell that can determine if a student is really over the age of 17, but there's no spell that can determine something as simple as identifying if the student putting his/her name in the Goblet is really there own?

I think in this case, there is a reason the name slipped through because it had some hefty magic behind it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast