My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes very happy!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot! Yay Feev!

Speaking of Harry Potter...I can't wait for the next movie this fall!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Prisoner Of Azkaban is the best!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I've been told.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little more than halfway through A Clash of Kings - and once I finish that, I'll be picking up PoA!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

woot! don't forget to text sarajean about that. she finished clash of kings last month. she'll be all over that.

Let me know when you start PoA and I'll read it along with you.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm a little more than halfway through A Clash of Kings - and once I finish that, I'll be picking up PoA!
    You may have answered this before FEVER but have you seen the movies and if so, did you enjoy them?

I will be starting PoA on audiobook in about a week...after I finish with IT.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    woot! don't forget to text sarajean about that. she finished clash of kings last month. she'll be all over that.
    I hope she takes a small break from the series so that I can catch up to her - you know of her and her sick reading skillz!

Let me know when you start PoA and I'll read it along with you.
    You got it

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    You may have answered this before FEVER but have you seen the movies and if so, did you enjoy them?
    Funny story - I started watching the first one because , after all, "I'M NEVER GOING TO GIVE IN AND START READING THE HARRY POTTERS BOOKS."

[/stubborn me]

Luckily I've only seen the part of the first one, and nothing else. I want to finish all the books first and then watch the movies.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

New images of The Half Blood Prince on RottenTomatoes.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YAY! A Harry Potter thread! The more I look around here, the more I love this place! And, no, Monte, I'm not stalking you. We must just have the same great tastes in TV and literature.

Donna

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I just listened to the complete audio books and I keep repeating the last 4 chapters of the Deathly Hallows. FEVE!!! get with the program. You need the audio files? And yes, finish the books, but you'll be frustrated with the movies. Great visuals, but I personally think they got away from some of the more major points in the movies.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KaLikeAWheel View Post
    And, no, Monte, I'm not stalking you.

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by KaLikeAWheel View Post
    We must just have the same great tastes in TV and literature.
    Great minds...

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awww yea....New Half-Blood Prince trailer!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQL5n4DQFX8"]YouTube - Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince l OFFICIAL TRAILER[/ame]

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yea haw! I'm super excited for the movie eventhough I know it will be nothing like the book. still I'll see it opening day.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Woooo! New trailer!

....iiiiittt's just too bad I can't see it, wouldn't want to ruin anything for myself

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Woooo! New trailer!

....iiiiittt's just too bad I can't see it, wouldn't want to ruin anything for myself
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Country
    Country Flag

I've been kind of on a HP kick lately. I am currently listening to GoF and watched PoA and GoF movies this week. I think I'll stay with the Jim Dale audios straight through, with no break for another book.

Good books to listen to! I like Dale's voices.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jim Dale ROCKS! He does such a fabulous job. My favorite of his is The Deathly Hallows. I had already read the book twice before I listened to it and it was perfection.

I'm reading GoF right now as well. I started with book one to keep up with fever and I've already passed him. sorry feevie baby but you gotta pick up your pace.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

If you spend more than 2-3 days on any HP book...you are reading too slowly!!!

Hurry up, Fever!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    New images of The Half Blood Prince on RottenTomatoes.
    Those were great! I can't believe how grown-up looking the kid that plays Draco is.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Yesssss...
    Sweet, I'll be there at midnight.
    But I'm NOT re-reading the book again right before like I did for the last film, I'd rather appreciate the film and then re-read it to see what I missed.
    It helps with the inevitable let down of a book to movie adaptation, but what can you do?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am already on book 4, well just about to finish and then book 5. I just watched all the movies again too. Will probably do that again right before it comes out in theaters!

CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got an email from Amazon.co.uk regarding a couple upcoming editions of J.K. Rowling's Tales of Beedle the Bard. There were originally only six copies of this, handwritten by Rowling herself, created, but I guess the demand was enough that these new editions have been planned for December 2008.

Collector's Editiion, £50.00
    Standard Edition, £3.99

Both are hardcover editions, but the Collector's Edition, which is ONLY available from Amazon, has LOTS of extras.

I've pre-ordered a copy of each.

I also posted this in the Calvin's Corner of this board, but I thought it might also be appropriate here.

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

ooooooo, Dammit...not fair that I don't have $100 to spend on a book!

Will have to settle for the standard edition!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Arghhh!! John, why did you have to post that?! I'm meant to be being thrifty this month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast